ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Brunelle

mwatson61

Four-Star Poster
Jun 14, 2005
Louisville
Is in the portal and has two years of eligibility left. Played with HVL and Olivia Cochran on Team USA for Coach Walz and was a Burger girl. I know she’s not Emily but I’ve always liked her size and skill set. It will be interesting to see where she lands.

Last edited:
I would pick her up quick she is really a good fit for our system, I am surprised she didn’t start at ND and get more playing time. She can go inside and hit the outside shots as well.

Reactions: mwatson61
I think she suffered with an injury this year and struggled finding her groove, if I remember correctly. May be a good one to get once fully healthy.

I think she suffered with an injury this year and struggled finding her groove, if I remember correctly. May be a good one to get once fully healthy.
She injured her shoulder against us this year and never recovered her form. All I know is she was highly sought after coming out of high school and was a starter as a freshman and sophomore at ND. Jeff knows her skill set well and we’ll see if there is any interest.

I checked and according to the recruiting site UofL is at 15 schollies for next year. So, unless someone comes off of a WBB schollie or someone transfers - no room. I guess someone could come in and pay their way, but, that is highly unlikely.

There are a lot of ways to make it happen someone could redshirt and make it possible or someone could go on a pell grant for a year.

Redshirting doesn’t free up a scholarship. But, if it is allowable to exceed you scholarship limit (I assume by maybe one) my bet is Jeff would do so with the roght player. Plus, as mentioned, have to wait and see if everyone is returning. I know everyone looked happy and they very well may be. But, if someone just wants to be able to play more minutes I could see the possibility of a transfer or two.

There are a lot of ways to make it happen someone could redshirt and make it possible or someone could go on a pell grant for a year.
Kozmas, I am never completely certain of anything, but I believe that a redshirt is still on scholarship and counts against the 15 scholarship limit. As far as the pell grant situation, I have never heard of it being used for athletes and I suspect, if attempted, the same rule would apply. Unless there is a transfer of one of the players now on the team, no opening will be available.

According to NCAA all schools would be allowed to exceed their scholarship limit one more year because of Covid-19.

I will be totally shocked if CJW doesn’t take advantage of this opportunity. I think you grab a high-quality post player or a high-quality shooting guard.

Last edited:
Ideally we can find another Big in the coming weeks in the portal. This would allow O to move to a wing with Liz taking over the center spot with a new backup. We have a couple 6’2” types coming in and Alexia who is 6’2” has been here all season long.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Lester coming in is 6’3” - just don’t know how freshman-ready she will be. I don’t see Ramani as an answer and Sydni - IDK. Her short stints she looked pretty timid and pretty unsure.

Ideally we can find another Big in the coming weeks in the portal. This would allow O to move to a wing with Liz taking over the center spot with a new backup. We have a couple 6’2” types coming in and Alexia who is 6’2” has been here all season long.
Liz should be the backup, sorry.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I would rather find someone to take the five spot and Liz remain the backup. She just cannot constantly hit a layup or any shot for that matter. We need a dominant 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT