ADVERTISEMENT

Sacred Heart’s ZaKiyah Johnson Player of the Year

We need both Johnson and Macy!! No ifs ands or buts about it. The 502 duo would be a great foundation to build on! Time for some local companies to step up with the NIL money…

Reactions: Bardman
I would like Johnson to be a Cardinal a good talented local kid who also happens to be a 6’1” guard. Give me some information on Macy I would like to look her up and see her stats.

Sacred Heart played Owensboro Catholic and there is nobody on either roster named Macy.

Macy plays for Mercy and is 6’2”. She is a top 20 player in her class. Johnson is currently #2. I think (think) they are UofL fans and attend games.

Macy scored 30 last night, had 11 boards and 4 assists in Mercy’s loss to Henderson County. Leah can play!

Thanks for the info both of them sound really good and both being local I would really love to get them. We always talk about local high schools that we get athletes from for the men’s sports. We get quite a few from Mercy and Assumption on the girls side.

This makes me think that she would be happy to stay here. I’m sure Jeff is recruiting her, probably will see her visit at some point during the summer I’d imagine. She’s too good to let go.

Don’t know anything about Bender. Is she D-1 UofL level?

Reagan Bender plays on the same SHA team as Johnson. Also a underclass person. Against Lawrence County Bender scored 24 points had 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

With Johnson, Bender and Macy, Walz would once again find himself in the Final Four.

Reagan is a junior and she has already scored a 1000 points in 3 years, she looks good on offense and hustles on defense. Definitely a player that can play at the next level and these 3 players would give us much more height at the guard position.

Reactions: sccard and Bardman
The next two seasons our fans need to get out to some Sacred Heart and Mercy games wearing Cardinal gear. That will show them we care and want them

Reactions: Deeva
Next season I will follow their schedules and alert this board to some their big games .Macy and Johnson are must haves ! Just about every top team in the country has offered and they are only Sophs 😯

Going to need to big-time gets. Sounds like J Brown and Walker are both leaving UofL.

I thought Walker was a redshirt because of knee surgery. Have Walker and Brown announced they were leaving or is this the rumor mill?

I thought Walker was a redshirt because of knee surgery. Have Walker and Brown announced they were leaving or is this the rumor mill?
Announced per SI.com. So we have the transfer from Ga Tech, Lester and Mobley who will be ‘new’ the potential lineups next year. Mobley was limited due to her foot injury early on. Not sure what these young players think about. Maybe they just don’t like it here or they are homesick. If they leave because they didn’t see much court time then oh well - you are a FR. I hope any portal pickups can be younger vs GTs. Maybe one experienced post player would be very nice though.

I do not think losing non contributors is necessarily a negative in this environment anymore; particularly when the portal has the potential to bring far more experienced talent in as replacements. Regrettably, the time when coaches were dependent on those HS recruits who you needed and expected to stay 4 or 5 years is declining now with so much transfer activity.

Just find some more Emily and Mykassa type players.

That was one of the things I liked better about the women’s basketball over the men’s was we had players on our team for 4 years. You were able to get to know them and watch them develop it was fun to watch. Now the portal has changed all that even though I hate it you have to use it or get left behind. Look at Duke they were horrible, then mediocre and now with 11 transfers they are a contender. The same goes for Texas volleyball they bought in 7 transfers who were the key players in their success. I just hope we get some good players in the portal hopefully a big and some sharp shooters. I really hope we get the girls we have been posting about in the Louisville area not only for their talent but I think the fact that they are local will add to some excitement

Mykasa will always be remembered and special to Louisville fans. I was thinking if we change her name to something like Katiana Robinson and say she is the younger sister of Mykasa maybe we can keep for awhile longer.

Reactions: Bardman and 2330859
As special as Robinson is (and she is all that), I have to believe there are other young ladies that fit that same physical and emotional model. It starts with a heart to compete, and the physicality and athleticism to go along with that motor that delivers 100% effort every day.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
FYI, Johnson, Bender and Macy are regulars at UofL WBB games. I’ve seen Johnson and Bender sitting in sideline floor seats several times the last two years (SHA coach Donna Bender Moir’s seats). Macy and her parents were sitting across the aisle from me at a couple of games this season all wearing vintage UofL gear and CJW and staff always talk with them before and after the game. The issue is going to be convincing them that staying home is as good as an opportunity as going away to USCjr. or UCONN. These two schools are mentioned most with Johnson from what I have read.

I hope they stay home that would really big for us. It’s like I have said before if you’re a local kid and you stay home and play for the home town team you will always be a home town hero. If you go away and then come home you’re just somebody else’s hero but not here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT