ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Day

racehorseowner

New Poster, Show Me Love
Mar 23, 2015
If Jeff Brohm does not work out, consider Ryan Day. He is a fine offensive mind. Currently the offensive coordinator at Ohio State and before that QB coach for the 49ers.
He might be hard to get because he is the heir apparent to Urban Meyer...and was interim head coach when Meyer was suspended. He is 39 years old. The downside is that he is not familiar with recruiting in the south...but the Midwest is a strong recruiting area.

Reactions: idaho_bob
His name has been brought up a ton on here.

Would have no problem with him but I would assume he will wait and see what happens with Urban this year. I can't imagine Urban will be coaching for much longer.

If Jeff Brohm does not work out, consider Ryan Day. He is a fine offensive mind. Currently the offensive coordinator at Ohio State and before that QB coach for the 49ers.
He might be hard to get because he is the heir apparent to Urban Meyer...and was interim head coach when Meyer was suspended. He is 39 years old. The downside is that he is not familiar with recruiting in the south...but the Midwest is a strong recruiting area.
I think we should follow Dan McDonnell’s lead. There are quite a few outstanding athletes in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

The south is where the players are in bulk.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but other than tOSU every NC the last 20 years is from south of Tennessee. Even 90% of the runner-ups.

And they don't do it recruiting the midwest ;)

Reactions: Mayoman
The south is where the players are in bulk.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but other than tOSU every NC the last 20 years is from south of Tennessee. Even 90% of the runner-ups.

And they don't do it recruiting the midwest ;)
Obviously there’s a ton of talent in Florida, Texas, Georgia but there’s also good talent in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey. Those teams that win NC’s get the best players in the country no matter where they’re from. You can’t compare Louisville recruiting (especially now) with the top traditional programs. Hell, UCF probably has more talent in their walkons then we do in our scholarship players.

Obviously there’s a ton of talent in Florida, Texas, Georgia but there’s also good talent in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey. Those teams that win NC’s get the best players in the country no matter where they’re from. You can’t compare Louisville recruiting (especially now) with the top traditional programs. Hell, UCF probably has more talent in their walkons then we do in our scholarship players.

That statement loses all credibility for you. If you mean it as sarcasm....than okay. Otherwise, the Rivals rating system tells a different story.

Sure the last statement was meant as sarcasm.

Here’s Alabama’s roster:

Alabama -37
Florida -12
Texas -12
Louisiana- 11
Georgia - 7
California -6
Maryland -5
South Carolina -4
Mississippi -3
KY -2
TN -2
Ohio, VA, PA, OK,Nevada, Utah,Hawaii, NC, DC, Iowa, Ind, Missouri - all have 1 player

Sure the last statement was meant as sarcasm.

Here’s Alabama’s roster:

Alabama -37
Florida -12
Texas -12
Louisiana- 11
Georgia - 7
California -6
Maryland -5
South Carolina -4
Mississippi -3
KY -2
TN -2
Ohio, VA, PA, OK,Nevada, Utah,Hawaii, NC, DC, Iowa, Ind, Missouri - all have 1 player
Proximity is important

And the states where the numbers are low like KY and TN, they are getting THE BEST players in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT