ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor that Cooley is transferring..

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Other message board reporting that Cooley is gone.

“thankful for the opportunity but I need more for me and my family…

Last edited:
Sounds like he’s getting a better NIL deal to transfer to another school. Disappointing, but understandable.

Reactions: gocds
The transfer from Tennessee is an absolute stud and will definitely take carries from Cooley. This is just how things will be, especially with offensive skill guys.

Reactions: gocds and CardVille
It really has become free agency. I don’t believe this is going to be good for the majority of high school athletes. There will be a cause and effect.

Why would a college coach recruit a high school player when you can grab what you need with more data from the portal. I would move a significant portion of my recruiting resources to the portal. A high percentage of the high school kids are misses anyway. Look at Louisville’s roster 85 kids only 40 can play at this level.

I think the days of taking 26 HS players are over. Louisville’s class this year will be the new standard. It is a risk reward. High school players are now a more risky investment. Transfer come with less risk and more stability.

His offer sheet is pretty impressive. Glad we landed him for a season. He won't have any trouble finding a new home.

You bring up a good point don’t recruit high school kids unless they are extremely talented just go to the portal and offer more money.

The problem for Louisville is they lose starters in the portal. There is no way to plan for it. Can’t recruit to the position because it has a freshman starter then signing day passes and starter transfers. I would hate coaching in this environment.

I will say I don’t want any kid to whine when they get screwed at their new destination. Your choice own it. Kids chasing money is not good.

The end result of all this is fans will be super quick to check out on the teams.

It's a business, always has been but now it's expanded. The model has changed.

I don't know football like the posters here but from what I saw of Cooley, he was damn good.

I wish this young man the best of luck. But I do not want kids here that don't want to be here. UofL is a very good opportunity for these kids and the one's that stay and "pay the price" are the one's that I want.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I wish this young man the best of luck. But I do not want kids here that don't want to be here. UofL is a very good opportunity for these kids and the one's that stay and "pay the price" are the one's that I want.

GO CARDS!!!
It’s hard to tell if it’s the kid that wants to be here or if the coach wants him. It’s a business but when when you go out a get a supposed RB stud it sends the message the coach doesn’t have confidence in you. Like I said it’s a business.

Why would Cooley stay for the Bowl Game if he was intending to transfer? Shouldn’t he be getting settled in his new home instead.

One possibility is that his announcement that he intended to transfer was actually a request for better NIL deals than he already has.

If that’s the case, then someone who received an enhanced NIL deal (since he announced his intent to transfer) here at Louisville would decide to stay at Louisville.

Last edited:
One possibility is that his announcement that he intended to transfer was actually a request for better NIL deals than he already has.

If that’s the case, then someone who received an enhanced NIL deal (since he announced his intent to transfer) here at Louisville would decide to stay at Louisville.
Money talks, baby !

That’s just the way you gotta play it

like it or not. It’s just facts
Yep or you checkout. That day is getting close for me. As much as I like/liked college football I have limits. At the end of the day it’s entertainment and when it’s no longer enjoyable I’ll move on.

Impossible situation for the staff. Players have all the control. If you want to keep him have to play him knowing he could take a huge day to find another place to play.

Reactions: earsky
Satterfield is killing it on the recruiting trail. Guys who see their opportunities diminish are going to leave.

News this past three weeks has been good - to be fair, the bar was set awfully low. Got to get these kids on campus and keep them or, it’s all just hype.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT