ADVERTISEMENT

RPI

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
I don't know which ranking we use but the Cards are still right around low 80s.

Yesterday probably cost us 5 spots that we just can't afford. Just making the chances of landing in the field tougher. I know,still some time but winning 2 of three from a couple of these teams looking like it just keeps growing in importance.

A 64 team postseason tournament and the Cards are 84th. Not good. Got some work to do, but likely the damage is already done.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Kind of what I was thinking. Seems like there's lots of work to be done. I think a loss tonight really deepens the hole.

Now that we are on RPI watch during this crucial part of the season, UofL went from 84 to 79 after last night's win. WKU went from 82 to 89, so getting a big win over a better RPI team helps. RPI #5 Clemson visits this weekend. Mega opportunity.

Reactions: Bardman
Saw an early prediction of the NCAA 64 team championship bracket. We were seeded #3 in Arkansas's bracket. Arkansas was projected as the overall #3 seed. We still have a lot of work to do.

Reactions: Deeva
I'm not going to post every projection but this week's D1 projection no longer has us in the field or even the last four out. We've got work to do. Starts with Clemson.

Reactions: earsky
I'm not going to post every projection but this week's D1 projection no longer has us in the field or even the last four out. We've got work to do. Starts with Clemson.
Yeah I was curious about where or when you saw that early projection. Just too hard to see us as an at large at this point. You are correct..we've got work to do.

Yeah I was curious about where or when you saw that early projection. Just too hard to see us as an at large at this point. You are correct..we've got work to do.
Feels like if the Cards take the Clemson series, there's life. I won't say the season is over should they lose the series, but with that RPI, there will be a lot to overcome.

Reactions: Bardman
Starts tonight. Need to win this first game! TBH…I sort of wish we’d pitch our #3 guy/pen on Friday at this point. Use Gongora/Webster for Sat/Sun.

We moved up 4 spots to 77 despite losing the series to clemson. Needless to say Friday night was a real dagger to the Cards' hopes at getting an at large. 😒
That loss probably cost us 10 spots 😕

Thanks for the update earsky. Without a doubt that Friday night collapse really hurt our chances.

If we could just get this team ERA down to about 5 and eliminate silly baserunning decisions, this team could be very good.

Reactions: earsky and Bardman
If we could just get this team ERA down to about 5 and eliminate silly baserunning decisions, this team could be very good.
Yeah 6.5 ERA is just brutal. I don't see it improving much. The baserunning mistakes have been a staple for Cards baseball for years. In the past it didn't matter as much because we had good pitching and we could overcome running ourselves out of innings. This year there's no margin for error.. We need to go on a 8-10 game winning streak to close out the season to have a chance to make the tournament. Next 7 are on the road. Tough task.

One thing I didn’t realize about this team that I probably should have is that we are dead last in the ACC in fielding percentage.

Second to last in ERA. Those two stats waste the hitting. The Cards are second best in the conference in batting average.

I didn’t realize the defense was that bad. Yikes.
Hard to recall a clean game by either the defense or the pitching staff. They look good for huge chunks defensively but the focus drops off for some reason. I still say the clubhouse is not in harmony.

With 11 games left,I think they'll need to take all 3 series and knock off Vandy to get back on the bubble,with a good showing in the ACC Tournament. Otherwise,win the ACC tournament. 😵‍💫

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT