ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford [Updated]

HRTheCard

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2016
Although there is a LOT of time left in this recruitment, it appears as for now, UofL is gaining momentum.

247 has marked us up to 60% on the nations top 5 shooting guard stud. Coach Rick Pitino was in attendance either today or yesterday to watch Langford play once again, as well as Jordan Fair watching Moses Brown and a few others, elsewhere.

An article has come out as Evan Daniels has stated that Kentucky appears to be "fading" in the recruitments of Langford and Bol Bol for reasons potentially connected to the U19 team.

247Sports: http://247sports.com/Player/Romeo-Langford-86372

Additional Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.as...wildcats-basketball-uk-bol-bol-romeo-langford

Good news for Louisville.

WOW, uahkay fading AFTER being coached by agent Calisleazy. Imagine that! :rolleyes::p

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

WOW, uahkay fading AFTER being coached by agent Calisleazy. Imagine that! :rolleyes::p

I will remain objective in this. Two sides to a story. Romeo really didn't perform to expectations but of course he was hurt. Maybe Calimari didn't think Romeo is the fit for his one and done, which is perfectly fine for me. But coaches, especially cow can't come out and knock a kid because it hurts whatever credibility he has.

Reactions: Cue Card
I will remain objective in this. Two sides to a story. Romeo really didn't perform to expectations but of course he was hurt. Maybe Calimari didn't think Romeo is the fit for his one and done, which is perfectly fine for me. But coaches, especially cow can't come out and knock a kid because it hurts whatever credibility he has.
I'm taking the same approach. This young man is a solid player, but that doesn't mean he's the exact type of player Calipari likes or even wants. If there is a 'cooling down' occurring as suggested, maybe it's mutual. Not everyone is cut out to play for Calipari. It's possible the young man just isn't comfortable with Calipari's coaching style too. Who knows? All anyone is doing at this point is speculating.

I will take the safe and proven road of waiting until the kid signs with another school to count coach cal out. Until then I will think there is likely a good chance he ends up at Kentucky

Reactions: dumbo 2
I will take the safe and proven road of waiting until the kid signs with another school to count coach cal out. Until then I will think there is likely a good chance he ends up at Kentucky
That may be the case for recruits many miles away from Kentucky but local guys are not as enamored with UK. Langford has said he's been a Cards fan since he was a kid, not a UK fan. He's old enough to have been influenced by the many top recruits who have played for UK under Calipari. Why isn't he a UK fan?

He knows he doesn't need UK to be a NBA player, but if he did he would already have committed. I think Kansas is the biggest threat to the Cards landing him. I don't think he's even seriously considering UK but puts them on the list because that's what the top recruits do. Even the many who knew they weren't going to go there. UK hoops is a status symbol for them as the one school where they know it's more about going to the league than anything else. If the kid is about that, he bides his time to see if there's a opening at the D-League college.

This system is about to crack at UK with a roster of 7 or 8 freshmen just to field a team. A few years ago, Langford may have felt the pressure to go there but I think he sees the writing on the wall and who wants to be just another rookie among a group of other rookies, when you can go to your favorite team who always has a balanced team of experienced and rookie players who can ball? The Cards should land him and it's only we fans pessimism that worries us.

That may be the case for recruits many miles away from Kentucky but local guys are not as enamored with UK. Langford has said he's been a Cards fan since he was a kid, not a UK fan. He's old enough to have been influenced by the many top recruits who have played for UK under Calipari. Why isn't he a UK fan?

He knows he doesn't need UK to be a NBA player, but if he did he would already have committed. I think Kansas is the biggest threat to the Cards landing him. I don't think he's even seriously considering UK but puts them on the list because that's what the top recruits do. Even the many who knew they weren't going to go there. UK hoops is a status symbol for them as the one school where they know it's more about going to the league than anything else. If the kid is about that, he bides his time to see if there's a opening at the D-League college.

This system is about to crack at UK with a roster of 7 or 8 freshmen just to field a team. A few years ago, Langford may have felt the pressure to go there but I think he sees the writing on the wall and who wants to be just another rookie among a group of other rookies, when you can go to your favorite team who always has a balanced team of experienced and rookie players who can ball? The Cards should land him and it's only we fans pessimism that worries us.
Being a fan and making the best decision to go to school and get to the league are two different things.

Reactions: Kentucky31

I'm taking the same approach. This young man is a solid player, but that doesn't mean he's the exact type of player Calipari likes or even wants. If there is a 'cooling down' occurring as suggested, maybe it's mutual. Not everyone is cut out to play for Calipari. It's possible the young man just isn't comfortable with Calipari's coaching style too. Who knows? All anyone is doing at this point is speculating.

Being "objective" is difficult for me as it is NOT in my DNA when it comes to uahkay. Arrogance is not something that I find appealing plus with all the talent agent calisleazy has amassed over the past few years his "success" is questionable and without Anthony Davis there would probably be NO title in 2012. 38-0 and he couldn't bring it home? It's starting to come home to roost.

Reactions: Graves51
Maybe he doesn't think Cal will have enough 5 stars to even whiff at a title. If it wasn't for Davis giving Cal a championship, the sports agent would be fighting for his job!

The reason that UofL is gaining mo is apparent as the reasons already stated here and in previous threads.The kid loves the program and is a lifelong fan,and he knows the feeling is reciprocal.

The heightened interest by Romeo and other recruits is probably more related to the recent success of Donovan Mitchell.. NBA and shoe contract, not because of a loss on a team of thrown together one and dones. As I mentioned before D.C. couldn't get it done either, only Coach K and Bobby Knight.

You both make valid points. Being a top 5 doesn't
always mean best fit. Recruiting is not a sure thing,
but UK is in with at least 3/4 wings other than RL.
Better, don't know, but Cal will likely sign 2/3
of said 5, hoping for best fit. With likely returnees
for 18/19, any 2 of the 5 would be great. Just hope
each player gets the best fit for his skills and growth.
And yes, the ones that Cal is after would likely be OAD somewhere else.....maybe not as high.

An IU fan at work today said Romeo has narrowed it down to IU and Louisville. Any truth to UK and Duke being formally removed from the running?

An IU fan at work today said Romeo has narrowed it down to IU and Louisville. Any truth to UK and Duke being formally removed from the running?
First I heard of that. It's all speculation right now regardless. These kids are just that, kids. They can, have, and probably will change their minds 100 times in their own heads before making a final decision then it could still change. Nothing is certain until the LOI is signed and the kid walks out on the floor in uniform.

First I heard of that. It's all speculation right now regardless. These kids are just that, kids. They can, have, and probably will change their minds 100 times in their own heads before making a final decision then it could still change. Nothing is certain until the LOI is signed and the kid walks out on the floor in uniform.
You speak the truth. I just figured I'd fact check the guy with the resident BBall recruiting experts.

As an IU fan, I expect him to pick either UofL or IU. I don't know about the "lifelong UofL fan" comment. My understanding is that his parents cheer for both UofL and Indiana. And Romeo has kind of always been just a "basketball fan" that watches a lot of teams. UofL has the local tie going but IU is an hour away. Who knows what can happen?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT