ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Jerry West

His interviews with dan Patrick are great. He grew up poor in west Virginia with i believe a very abusive father and got out of the boonies to lead a great life. Mastermind as GM and a player. Nba could never admit he inspired the Logo as they would've had to pay him royalties.

His interviews with dan Patrick are great. He grew up poor in west Virginia with i believe a very abusive father and got out of the boonies to lead a great life. Mastermind as GM and a player. Nba could never admit he inspired the Logo as they would've had to pay him royalties.
A former co-worker of mine grew up next door to the West family and was about 10-12 years younger. He would confirm Jerry's estrangement from things back home. Abusive fathers can do that.

OTOH Jerry was an incredible BB player who had a great influence after his playing days were over. Unlike you, I was never a Laker fan. For me, I had Oscar and the Royals and then the Celtics after the Royals lost in the playoffs. Jerry was always on the other team. Nevertheless, a true legend of the game.

If nothing else, it has brought attention to the greatness of the 1960 US Olympic BB Team. Three future HOF'ers did not make the team - John Havlicek, Lenny Wilkens n the recently departed Chet Walker.

May he RIP.

• Love
Reactions: glassmanJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT