ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky is right

May 29, 2001
Jeffersontown, KY
"Can we be real for a moment? Pitino and Jurich weren’t dismissed because they were shiftless ne’er-do-wells. They were professionally assassinated largely because of the ego trips of a small number of members of an illegally appointed university board of trustees shoved down the school’s throat by Kentucky Gov. Matthew Bevin, who then used an underperforming, mendacious interim president as their shill."

Hard to argue with that.

Rick Pitino, Tom Jurich and U of L were wrongly crucified in recruiting scandal

JP

Reactions: kypecos and zipp
Ricky Jones is as uninformed as a fart in a fan factory.

Bevin first appointed Junior Bridgeman to lead the Board. How was that a move against Jurich/Pitino? Bridgeman left the Board leaving the chairmanship open for Grissom. Hardly a plan devised by Bevin. Bevin went on Meiner’s show and strongly supported Jurich. Politicians reserve praise for only those who they want around.

This attempt by Pitino and now Jones to attach Bevin to the removal of Jurich and Pitino has been disproven on these boards time and time again. Maybe the Russians colluded with Grissom instead of Trump.

Ricky Jones is as uninformed as a fart in a fan factory.

Bevin first appointed Junior Bridgeman to lead the Board. How was that a move against Jurich/Pitino? Bridgeman left the Board leaving the chairmanship open for Grissom. Hardly a plan devised by Bevin. Bevin went on Meiner’s show and strongly supported Jurich. Politicians reserve praise for only those who they want around.

This attempt by Pitino and now Jones to attach Bevin to the removal of Jurich and Pitino has been disproven on these boards time and time again. Maybe the Russians colluded with Grissom instead of Trump.

Grissom was already named chairman when Bridgeman resigned. The trustees selected Grissom over Bridgeman. Junior was chair pro tem before that. The board basically removed him from the position, which is essentially the reason he resigned. Bridgeman was part of the "old guard." Bevin appointed him because there isn't a person alive more suited to serve on the BOT than Junior. Bevin knew what the outcome would be. His other board members saw to that. Regarding his comments about Jurich, smokescreen, while Grissom did the dirty work for him.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/junior-br...cle_45d1f9c7-e19e-5679-9bd6-9e26cb314337.html

I was always suspicious of all that happened I think the thing that bothered me the most was guilty until proven innocent. With all the bad publicity the FBI is already getting they added to their negative reputation by the way they handled our situation.
I agree that the FBI agent in charge of the investigation painted Pitino as the bad guy for publicity reasons. Now the audio that has finally comes proves Pitino had no knowledge of the Brian Bowen situation.

Reactions: rgss
I was always suspicious of all that happened I think the thing that bothered me the most was guilty until proven innocent. With all the bad publicity the FBI is already getting they added to their negative reputation by the way they handled our situation.
I agree that the FBI agent in charge of the investigation painted Pitino as the bad guy for publicity reasons. Now the audio that has finally comes proves Pitino had no knowledge of the Brian Bowen situation.

He knew thar Creighton and Depaul offered Bowens family 200K.

He also knew about the Bowens staying in the Gault house. Red flag.

I don't know if you read the article in the Crap Journal today. They have a recording where the parties involved said that Pitino was not aware of payments to Bowens dad. I think it would be good if everyone read the article.

Reactions: zipp
I don't know if you read the article in the Crap Journal today. They have a recording where the parties involved said that Pitino was not aware of payments to Bowens dad. I think it would be good if everyone read the article.

I understand that, but the other red flags were waving in his face.

I can easily do dirt behind my Boss' back without him ever knowing or suspecting.

However its his business to know Everything.

He is in charge and culpable of negligence if he fails to properly monitor.

Reactions: Cue Card and gocds

I can easily do dirt behind my Boss' back without him ever knowing or suspecting.

However its his business to know Everything.

He is in charge and culpable of negligence if he fails to properly monitor.

OR if he hired you or me without doing proper due diligence in an attempt to discover whether you or I were a potential scoundrel that just might do something “untoward” to recruit players against NCAA rules. And I believe recruiting was this guy’s main chore as a staff member under “Dick” Pitino. In reality, Tom Jurich has to bear some responsibility here. And I’m still a huge Tom Jurich supporter but he “allowed” Pitino free reign to do whatever he needed to do. Unfortunately we ALL now know that to trust Rick Pitino to properly run an honest basketball program was a huge mistake. In that regard, we are all responsible and that turns my stomach as to my own cupability. And it really pisses me off that I was taken in. This court case between UofL and “Dick” Pitino just might reveal a ton of evidence in these regards. Or the case just might be settled for a “nominal” fee for Pitino to just go away.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I can easily do dirt behind my Boss' back without him ever knowing or suspecting...
Because college basketball is a lily white game otherwise run by virgins and martyrs. All you have to do is stay clear of one guy named "Bowen" in your entire career... :rolleyes:

At a minimum, Bevin can rightfully be accused of the same thing the rest of the clowns are guilty of...

They were handed lemons and didn't even consider trying to make lemonade...

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Because college basketball is a lily white game otherwise run by virgins and martyrs. All you have to do is stay clear of one guy named "Bowen" in your entire career... :rolleyes:

LoL.
People who get caught, while others who do the same, wont work on a judge.

There will never be absolution of jack ass and his time here.
Actually there is, its called VACATED.

Pitino had to go. He had no idea how to control a basketball program and it led to multiple black eyes in a 2 year time period. He was too naive or unwilling to adequately monitor his staff. That is a fireable offense.

Jurich is 50/50 but I’m guessing smrt was the one who made that call to try and CYA when it hit the fan again after he messed up the stripper scenario royally.

Pitino had to go. He had no idea how to control a basketball program and it led to multiple black eyes in a 2 year time period. He was too naive or unwilling to adequately monitor his staff. That is a fireable offense.

Jurich is 50/50 but I’m guessing smrt was the one who made that call to try and CYA when it hit the fan again after he messed up the stripper scenario royally.
You're debating a non-issue.

It's not whether you should have gone from A to B, it's how you got there. The clowns decided it didn't matter, or were too stupid to know the best route.

Anyone who wants to argue Pitino's merits, even Jurich's, have totally missed the point...

LoL.
People who get caught, while others who do the same, wont work on a judge...
"Getting caught" also ain't the issue. Sean Miller got caught. So did Will Wade. Other guys going to trial got caught too.

It's about crisis management. Our guys in charge now know more about creating them...

Reactions: gocds
I think we all agree the administration didn't handle the crisis very well. The decision to fire Pitinio and even Jurich was understandable. The way they handled it was reckless. The timing of this couldn't have been worse new leadership and a epic scandal that the University of Louisville is the face of coming off another epic scandal.

Time to move forward that chapter has been written and can't be changed.

I don’t always agree with Dr. Jones but he is spot on with his assessment of the harm done to the University by Bevin's hand picked board of trustees. That debacle was exacerbated by how the new people in charge made the University of Louisville the face of the FBI investigation into college basketball.
I am hopeful that the the new regime will allow the University to move forward and that a new governor will do the same for Kentucky.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Rickie P cried "ignorance" one too many times even his best friend Dickie V called him out on it. That and it pissed the NCAA off terribly IMHO Firing Jurich was the dumbest thing any board could have ever done and paying him $7 million says Ricky Jones was right after the fact. But, where was he before?

Reactions: gocds
...That debacle was exacerbated by how the new people in charge made the University of Louisville the face of the FBI investigation into college basketball.
I am hopeful that the the new regime will allow the University to move forward and that a new governor will do the same for Kentucky.
I hope you recognize that those are mostly the same people...

Rickie P cried "ignorance" one too many times even his best friend Dickie V called him out on it. That and it pissed the NCAA off terribly IMHO Firing Jurich was the dumbest thing any board could have ever done and paying him $7 million says Ricky Jones was right after the fact. But, where was he before?
Debating a non-issue again...

Ahem...
The new people in charge at the time ,meaning Grissom et al. Not that there didn’t need to be a number of changes made , but their swift action made the firing of a big name like Pitino the singular face of the scandal.

"Can we be real for a moment? Pitino and Jurich weren’t dismissed because they were shiftless ne’er-do-wells. They were professionally assassinated largely because of the ego trips of a small number of members of an illegally appointed university board of trustees shoved down the school’s throat by Kentucky Gov. Matthew Bevin, who then used an underperforming, mendacious interim president as their shill."

Hard to argue with that.

Rick Pitino, Tom Jurich and U of L were wrongly crucified in recruiting scandal

JP
Been living in that bottle for long?

Ahem...
The new people in charge at the time ,meaning Grissom et al. Not that there didn’t need to be a number of changes made , but their swift action made the firing of a big name like Pitino the singular face of the scandal.
I'll make it simpler for you...

Most of the clowns in charge at U of L when Jurich and Pitino were fired are still in charge now. Those were the people who, as you say, "made U of L the face of the FBI investigation"...

At the time of the firings Vince Tyra was not in place and the ship was rudderless and Grissom and Postel were ineptly pulling the strings. Tyra is firmly in charge now and all we can do is wait and see where his leadership takes the athletic department.

At the time of the firings Vince Tyra was not in place and the ship was rudderless and Grissom and Postel were ineptly pulling the strings. Tyra is firmly in charge now and all we can do is wait and see where his leadership takes the athletic department.
"Vince" had nothing to do with U of L's image in this matter, and he will have little to do with it going forward. He's one person, and he doesn't get to make final decisions with million dollar consequences.

Neither him nor Postel are/were members of U of L's BoT. THOSE are the people voting on big decisions. And again, almost 2/3 of them are still in place from the Jurich and Pitino firings incl. the chairman.

You're whitewashing facts to make yourself feel better about U of L now...

"Vince" had nothing to do with U of L's image in this matter, and he will have little to do with it going forward. He's one person, and he doesn't get to make final decisions with million dollar consequences.

Neither him nor Postel are/were members of U of L's BoT. THOSE are the people voting on big decisions. And again, almost 2/3 of them are still in place from the Jurich and Pitino firings incl. the chairman.

You're whitewashing facts to make yourself feel better about U of L now...

Then why do you paint him (Tyra) in such a negative picture IRT what he does, is doing, or plans to do?

Also, if you had the power, who would you hire to be the AD?. (And TJ is not the one to name now....as he would likely never come back no matter what IMO).

Reactions: zipp
"Vince" had nothing to do with U of L's image in this matter, and he will have little to do with it going forward. He's one person, and he doesn't get to make final decisions with million dollar consequences...
Then why do you paint him (Tyra) in such a negative picture IRT what he does, is doing, or plans to do?...
Fundamentally, it's about what "Vince" has or has not done.

You're also not following the discussion... Dave was defending "Vince" from decisions he had nothing to do with, decisions that in his words made U of L "the face of the FBI investigation."

But the rest of the clowns who DID make the decision are either still in charge or were replaced by clown substitutes.

And just because U of L people like "Vince" are new to the picture doesn't exempt them from guilt-by-association.
...Also, if you had the power, who would you hire to be the AD?. (And TJ is not the one to name now....as he would likely never come back no matter what IMO).
I've covered this before on many occasions... The issue is less about "Vince" than what he's doing. At this point, he's in a job that I have zero confidence clowns can fill with someone better. If you want to have that discussion--what should "Vince" be doing?--again, I'll be glad to participate...

The old coach had to go. Too many scandals, too much bad press.
And I've never argued otherwise.

But getting rid of Pitino was simply a means to an end that had nothing to do with him...

I'll make it simpler for you...

Most of the clowns in charge at U of L when Jurich and Pitino were fired are still in charge now. Those were the people who, as you say, "made U of L the face of the FBI investigation"...

No, UofL became “the face of the FBI investigation” the moment that the news about the investigation broke. Any review of the national stories that very first day, whether online, in print, or on ESPN and numerous other national newscasts all prove this to be true. This was immediately on the heels of the national story about UofL being the first school to have to vacate a NCAA basketball title, and since UofL was involved in another major recruiting scandal, it was only natural that the media focused on the school. Thankfully, the board took decisive action within 24 hours, which demonstrated that the university would no longer tolerate any similar nonsense, the first step in a long road toward restoring the university’s reputation.

No, UofL became “the face of the FBI investigation” the moment that the news about the investigation broke. Any review of the national stories that very first day, whether online, in print, or on ESPN and numerous other national newscasts all prove this to be true. This was immediately on the heels of the national story about UofL being the first school to have to vacate a NCAA basketball title, and since UofL was involved in another major recruiting scandal, it was only natural that the media focused on the school. Thankfully, the board took decisive action within 24 hours, which demonstrated that the university would no longer tolerate any similar nonsense, the first step in a long road toward restoring the university’s reputation.
And an increasing number of people in important places and with the opportunity to speak publicly disagree with you. ...Which is the subject of this thread. Personally, I'm glad they're speaking out and wish it would have come sooner...

And an increasing number of people in important places and with the opportunity to speak publicly disagree with you. ...Which is the subject of this thread. Personally, I'm glad they're speaking out and wish it would have come sooner...
What hard evidence do you have that this is an "increasing number" of people? Maybe you can put a graph together on that point. Oh yeah, I forgot, your increasing number also includes a person "in important places", Ricky Jones. Wow, I guess I should be impressed.

Louisville is not the first school to vacate a national title as a matter of fact there have been 20 national titles vacated over the years.

What hard evidence do you have that this is an "increasing number" of people? Maybe you can put a graph together on that point. Oh yeah, I forgot, your increasing number also includes a person "in important places", Ricky Jones. Wow, I guess I should be impressed.
A friend of your AD also agrees with Ricky. :p

LINK

You could start apologizing for BOTH of them...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT