ADVERTISEMENT

Respectful and honest question for our visiting Nole fans...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
Off the top, welcome to our message board, and don't be strangers. Personally, I love when fans of member ACC schools visit.

There is understandably a lot of anguish and criticism being expressed by your fanbase in the aftermath of Saturday's game. My experience is that fans too seldom want to give the other team credit in a loss, esp. when you're a big time program and there's the perception of an upset. All of the FSU fans I've seen post here have been highly complimentary of Louisville before and after the game, so that last comment is not in any way directed at Nole fans reading this post--it's more an observation of Nole fans talking among themselves on your own message boards.

I'll stop prefacing in a moment... :)

I've also never seen an example of the Noles wanting to play anything but the best competition. Indeed, there was once the perception that FSU was looking for a better football conference to play in. And as we understand, FSU was solidly behind U of L joining the ACC. But there was obviously an upside and a downside to that. Saturday's game, while a generational aberration, was an example of how bad the downside could be.

So the question... Is the Nole fanbase prepared for a competitive U of L football program even if it comes at the expense of FSU's success in a given season? It's kinda asking the question of how much you're willing to share the pie. And it's a question you may answer differently while the pie is baking vs. when we're sitting there with a knife and fork next to you.

OK, I'll shut up now (which is difficult for me...)

Off the top, welcome to our message board, and don't be strangers. Personally, I love when fans of member ACC schools visit.

There is understandably a lot of anguish and criticism being expressed by your fanbase in the aftermath of Saturday's game. My experience is that fans too seldom want to give the other team credit in a loss, esp. when you're a big time program and there's the perception of an upset. All of the FSU fans I've seen post here have been highly complimentary of Louisville before and after the game, so that last comment is not in any way directed at Nole fans reading this post--it's more an observation of Nole fans talking among themselves on your own message boards.

I'll stop prefacing in a moment... :)

I've also never seen an example of the Noles wanting to play anything but the best competition. Indeed, there was once the perception that FSU was looking for a better football conference to play in. And as we understand, FSU was solidly behind U of L joining the ACC. But there was obviously an upside and a downside to that. Saturday's game, while a generational aberration, was an example of how bad the downside could be.

So the question... Is the Nole fanbase prepared for a competitive U of L football program even if it comes at the expense of FSU's success in a given season? It's kinda asking the question of how much you're willing to share the pie. And it's a question you may answer differently while the pie is baking vs. when we're sitting there with a knife and fork next to you.

OK, I'll shut up now (which is difficult for me...)

I love good competition and love UL's addition to the the ACC in all sports. I am not upset that we lost so much as how we lost. Can you guys imagine if UL basketball was ranked 2nd in the country in basketball and went to Tallahassee who usually have a decent team and you lose 80-30 or something akin to how FSU just got blown out. Yes, we have been spoiled by our dominance in football and come to expect wins or close losses. This, my friend, was unexpected and similar to a two by four to the head. To say the natives are restless in Seminole land is an understatement. Our season came to an end in 3 hours Saturday in a year that we were supposed to be right there. In 45 years of following FSU I have never seem them so dominated in every phase of the game. My hat is off to the UL program and fans who have patiently waited for this moment. Enjoy the ride and this Seminole will be rooting for UL to take it to the house. Next year, we get our revenge. ( when does #8 go pro) He is once in a generation type player.

Nothing moves the spirit like great competition. FSU isn't afraid of competition so I'm a bit puzzled at the notion by zipp who I think knows I respect his opinion. Programs like FSU want to play the best of the rest so they can prove they are indeed the best when the last team is left standing. UofL took a step in that direction big time last Saturday, but it'll all come crashing down if the Cards stumble along the way against a team they're not supposed to lose to. It's one game at a time.

If the Cards take care of business against Marshall, and if Clemson takes care of business against Georgia Tech this coming Thursday night, then we're looking at a top 5 match up in Death Valley on October 1 with the winner gaining the inside track to the ACC championship game. Winning a game on that stage will be incredibly difficult especially there but as already stated, that's the level of competition we also crave as a football program. In order to be the best, we MUST play the best of the rest and win.

On a closing note, the opening game tradition @ Clemson is a must see event which needs to be on everyone's personal bucket list of things to do. It is very powerful and exciting

FSU has never backed down from good competition. That's how Bobby Bowden built FSU into an elite program. He went out and scheduled all of the bigtime schools with an "Any time, any where" attitude. FSU fans have been frustrated with the ACC over the years because many teams in our conference just didn't seem as committed to football so the perception of the league was very low. This is why we were behind adding Louisville to the conference because y'all have had some good teams over the years, are committed to football with a new stadium expansion and it would increase the competition, thus making the perception of our league better. I'm looking forward to our continued rivalry o nthe football field. Now we have to play Miami, Clemson, Florida, and Louisville every year so I'm looking forward to some good games!

I live in Houston and currently looking into getting tix to Louisville vs Houston later this season. It should be a good game!

Beat the crap out of Clemson.

I wouldn't necessarily give up on the 2016 FSU squad with so much still on the table. You guys have plenty of big games left and none of those are against Louisville.

I love good competition and love UL's addition to the the ACC in all sports. I am not upset that we lost so much as how we lost. Can you guys imagine if UL basketball was ranked 2nd in the country in basketball and went to Tallahassee who usually have a decent team and you lose 80-30 or something akin to how FSU just got blown out. Yes, we have been spoiled by our dominance in football and come to expect wins or close losses. This, my friend, was unexpected and similar to a two by four to the head. To say the natives are restless in Seminole land is an understatement. Our season came to an end in 3 hours Saturday in a year that we were supposed to be right there. In 45 years of following FSU I have never seem them so dominated in every phase of the game. My hat is off to the UL program and fans who have patiently waited for this moment. Enjoy the ride and this Seminole will be rooting for UL to take it to the house. Next year, we get our revenge. ( when does #8 go pro) He is once in a generation type player.

Enjoy the ride and this Seminole will be rooting for UL to take it to the house. Next year, we get our revenge. ( when does #8 go pro) He is once in a generation type player.
I remember after we won the monsoon game in 2002 there was a Noles fan on here and he talked about how different it is once you GET to the top. He said the ride up was much more enjoyable then trying to maintain once you get there. I have never forgotten his words and have taken them to heart, which is why I have embraced this team and this year, because I truly believe this could finally be our year. Thanks for stopping by, and with our win this year, it has certainly upped the rivalry. Here's to keeping it civil and fun!

Nothing moves the spirit like great competition. FSU isn't afraid of competition so I'm a bit puzzled at the notion by zipp who I think knows I respect his opinion. Programs like FSU want to play the best of the rest so they can prove they are indeed the best when the last team is left standing...
I have no doubt that FSU ain't afraid of Louisville or anyone else. This question is really about the process of achieving your season's goals, and it applies to Clemson as well.

I used the analogy of sharing the pie which I think is accurate. Before our arrival, the ACC pie was pretty much 50-50 for these two successful programs. If we have our way, we will get our share of that pie which means less pie for everyone else. And that "pie" is the conference championship which is everyone's best springboard into the postseason. The reality of having diminished that for FSU this season was brought to bear on Saturday.

It's also easy to say "hell yes, we wanna add a good team or teams," and you know that sharing the pie is part of the deal. But it's kinda like going on a diet: talking about it is the easy part...going through the weight loss is the issue. Again, that was Saturday. While we had Nole fans visiting here and with Saturday still fresh in their minds, I wanted to (re)gauge their sentiments.

U of L fans knew that moving to the ACC meant fewer wins and a healthy dose of reality about how good we are or are not in all sports. But accepting an ACC invite for us was a no-brainer for so many reasons. Programs like FSU had a legit decision re. U of L. We thank them constantly for voting our way then, and maybe I just need reinforcement about the way they feel now and considering a setback like Saturday's loss...

Reactions: Cue Card
I'll be honest. We want to win every game. But I would rather lose to a great Louisville team than to have Louisville suck so we can chalk it up as a win. Better competition means if the other team is better you don't win. We weren't the better team last Saturday so we didn't deserve to win. Last year, we were the better team so we won 41-21.

I know this. Losing the way we did will be a real wakeup call for our guys and I have no doubt it will motivate our players to correct the mistakes and try to run the table.

And we'll always get the chance to avenge the loss when Louisville comes to Doak next season. :)

Nobody wants to share anything willingly in sports. Not IMO. The Noles have Championship DNA. They have proven that. Clemson has championship DNA too. Miami has how many national championships? I know Virginia Tech has been down a bit lately, but they've got a great program there too which is well supported. How many conferences out there can say they have multiple contenders year in and year out? Really only 3 IMO. The B1G, the SEC, and the ACC. Sometimes the B12 has a good run, and sometimes the PAC12 has a good run, and on occasion the lone independent Notre Dame will do well.

Nobody wants to share. We're not going to share anything if we can keep from it. We beat FSU. We hope to run the table and make the playoffs, and run the table there too. We want a football National Championship, and we don't want to share. :D

Last edited:
Nobody wants to share anything willingly in sports. Not IMO. The Noles have Championship DNA. They have proven that. Clemson has championship DNA too. Miami has how many national championships? I know Virginia Tech has been down a bit lately, but they've got a great program there too which is well supported. How many conferences out there can say they have multiple contenders year in and year out? Really only 3 IMO. The B1G, the SEC, and the ACC. Sometimes the B12 has a good run, and sometimes the PAC12 has a good run, and on occasion the lone independent Notre Dame will do well.

Nobody wants to share. We're not going to share anything if we can keep from it. We beat FSU. We hope to run the table and make the playoffs, and run the table there too. We want a football National Championship, and we don't want to share. :D
Yep. That should be every team's goal. But sometimes it doesn't happen if you lose a game because the opponent is better. Reaching your goals has to be earned.

One thing that is going to suck is if there is a three way tie in the Atlantic Division. That isn't likely at this point because if our Defense doesn't get the ship righted then there is no way we're going to run the table at this point. We have a ton of tough games.

In the Louisville/Clemson game, I actually would give Louisville a slight edge. But it is a totally different animal going on the road vs playing at home in a big game like that. Clemson will definitely make Louisville earn it for sure.

A consistently really good UL means the pie actually get's bigger because of bowl game revenue and the new TV package. Regardless of revenues I would rather play a top 25 UL team regularly even if that means losing a couple. This was the game of the week. You saw the exposure, it was fun. I'm sick of the ACC is garbage excuse that we have heard for the last 20 years. We want and need UL to be consistently really good in football. Nole fans supported UL into the ACC because we wanted more competition which would inevitably mean more losses but better games. So the answer is YES, without a doubt.

Now if we can just get VT, UNC, and Miami to get off their azz we would have something.

Adding a 2nd annual conf rival is a good thing. The Clemson rivalry has been a good one. Especially since the Noles win 3 out of 4 of those matchups.

As long as Petrino stays put and Lamar Jackson doesn't go pro early we should have a run of 5 years where the FSU vs UL game is must see TV.

It would be nice to have the ACC Atlantic division be stronger than the SEC West. It's early but Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss doesn't look as good as FSU, Clemson, and UL.

We are talking about FSU tho. I wouldn't expect to win more than 1 in every 4 games if I were UL fan. Unconquered baby. That's your 1.

Reactions: Capt Tony and zipp
A consistently really good UL means the pie actually get's bigger because of bowl game revenue and the new TV package...
I think that's a great point and one I was waiting for someone to say. It's the old "1 + 1 = 3" mindset, and I think it's 100% accurate. Your smaller slice of the pie may be just as satisfying, and when you happen to get a bigger slice in a given year...whoa!

Thanks for the rest of your comments too...

I live in Houston and currently looking into getting tix to Louisville vs Houston later this season. It should be a good game!

Beat the crap out of Clemson.

I live in Texarkana and would love to go the game in Houston. Let me know if you come across anyone in Houston wanting to sell a few!

A consistently really good UL means the pie actually get's bigger because of bowl game revenue and the new TV package. Regardless of revenues I would rather play a top 25 UL team regularly even if that means losing a couple. This was the game of the week. You saw the exposure, it was fun. I'm sick of the ACC is garbage excuse that we have heard for the last 20 years. We want and need UL to be consistently really good in football. Nole fans supported UL into the ACC because we wanted more competition which would inevitably mean more losses but better games. So the answer is YES, without a doubt.

Now if we can just get VT, UNC, and Miami to get off their azz we would have something.

Adding a 2nd annual conf rival is a good thing. The Clemson rivalry has been a good one. Especially since the Noles win 3 out of 4 of those matchups.

As long as Petrino stays put and Lamar Jackson doesn't go pro early we should have a run of 5 years where the FSU vs UL game is must see TV.

It would be nice to have the ACC Atlantic division be stronger than the SEC West. It's early but Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss doesn't look as good as FSU, Clemson, and UL.

We are talking about FSU tho. I wouldn't expect to win more than 1 in every 4 games if I were UL fan. Unconquered baby. That's your 1.
Who's to say? Let's turn it around and suppose Jimbo wants to go to the SEC and LSU? I hear there is a former FSU coach that might be available..

Who's to say? Let's turn it around and suppose Jimbo wants to go to the SEC and LSU? I hear there is a former FSU coach that might be available..

LSU made a serious run at Jimbo last year. LSU ended up with bigtime egg on it's face. There is only one team in the SEC that could steal away Jimbo with money and situation and that's Bama. However, I think Bama's next head coach is ol Dabo. LSU, UF, UGA, UT are all on the same 2nd tier where you could argue FSU is better place (facilities, fans, money, cupboard full of talent).

IF Petrino were to leave UL in the next few years I think his reputation would get worse. I think/hope he stays around UL for a lot longer. The money difference shouldn't be that big anymore. NFL dream went bust. Now, assistants, that's another story. That D-Coord should be a hot commodity if the season plays out right.

And for Bobby Bowden...he's right where he belongs. On a statue outside the stadium he built....and travelling the world getting paid to speak.

If UofL and FSU both win out, its possible they could be in the playoffs which could set up a rematch. The Big XII is out, Pac 12 may be out too. If B1G and SEC dont have two teams then the ACC could.

Maybe TL/DR but im bored at work and feel like talking football. Here goes:

UL being good is great for FSU. For so long the ACC has had a rap as a weak conference. Clemson becoming a power in its own right and now UL rising just means more attention and more leeway for FSU. A loss(well, not 63-20, which could have easily been 84-10, but a competitive loss) wont take FSU, Clemson or UL out of playoff contention. Its going to be good in the long haul all around, especially in recruiting. Im happy about the addition and UL's rise(maybe less so than I was last friday though). Louisville is a team ive never disliked even after the monsoon game in 02' that was such a tough pill to swallow.

As for this past weekend, I hate to take credit away from what Louisville did because you have a hell of a team but i'd also say its ridiculous for anyone to accept that type of L just because it came at the hands of a really good team. That shouldnt ever happen to FSU. Ever. We supposedly have one of the 3 most talented rosters in the country. Thats inexcusable against any team, no disrespect to UL. Some of our fans are saying "Well, in a few months we may look back and say 'UL was just that good'." I think our 13' team was as good as any team to ever step on a college football field but I would have expected this years team to at least compete with them even if they eventually lost by 3-4 TDs. Rolling over like that says more about us than it says about Louisville imo. We just quit and we did it early. Even if youre getting beaten badly thats never acceptable. This wasnt the Oregon game where a slew of turnovers and inept defense vs the HUNH eventually broke the will of a team that had just had too much, fought back too many times, etc. This was an ass kicking from the get go and we just laid down.

FSU has issues that weve known about for a while but weve sort of ignored because weve been successful. Our terrible DC gets magnified by a dynamic player and a great offensive coach which in turn magnified our weak OL(which shouldnt be weak, weve supposedly got a ton of talent and we returned everyone) and inexperienced QB(who im really still high on). If our OL was even a decent unit they wouldnt have been blown up literally every play and maybe we could have controlled the ball and kept things respectable. I think our WRs could have done damage if given the time but I guess we'll never know.

Dalvin Cook just isnt Dalvin Cook. I dont know whats wrong with him but youve seen what he can do personally in 14' and even at 70% last season. Hes just no there right now and we needed him. Its on the OL but its on him too.

It sounds stupid to say but for me the jury is still out on whether UL is a really good team or a great team. I think Clemson is 60/40 a L for UL. They have the talent FSU has with a really good DC and really just better D coaching all around. Houston will also be a tough out but I think UL wins. Smart physical defenses that can win the LOS and somewhat contain Lamar and make him throw into tight coverage could be trouble. Soft undisciplined teams like FSU that give him easy reads and throws as well as letting him run as he likes will get 60 hung on them. The guys a phenomenal player who is still getting better. The Vick comparisons are legit but Jackson has a way better supporting cast on offense than Vick ever had at VT. If we dont get a new(and vastly improved) DC and LB coach we'll be having this conversation again after he drops 60+ in Tallahassee next season.

Props to Louisville and good luck the rest of the season. As for me I feel like my puppy died. If we lose to USF this saturday I may do my heart a favor and not watch the rest of the season.

Reactions: zipp
LSU made a serious run at Jimbo last year. LSU ended up with bigtime egg on it's face. There is only one team in the SEC that could steal away Jimbo with money and situation and that's Bama. However, I think Bama's next head coach is ol Dabo. LSU, UF, UGA, UT are all on the same 2nd tier where you could argue FSU is better place (facilities, fans, money, cupboard full of talent).

IF Petrino were to leave UL in the next few years I think his reputation would get worse. I think/hope he stays around UL for a lot longer. The money difference shouldn't be that big anymore. NFL dream went bust. Now, assistants, that's another story. That D-Coord should be a hot commodity if the season plays out right.

And for Bobby Bowden...he's right where he belongs. On a statue outside the stadium he built....and travelling the world getting paid to speak.
I think he was referencing your former DC Mark Stoops. Nice joke.

I'll be honest. We want to win every game. But I would rather lose to a great Louisville team than to have Louisville suck so we can chalk it up as a win. Better competition means if the other team is better you don't win. We weren't the better team last Saturday so we didn't deserve to win. Last year, we were the better team so we won 41-21.

I know this. Losing the way we did will be a real wakeup call for our guys and I have no doubt it will motivate our players to correct the mistakes and try to run the table.

And we'll always get the chance to avenge the loss when Louisville comes to Doak next season. :)

I'm with you! Say bye to the old boss (SEC west) say hello to the new boss (ACC Atlantic). This three way tussle will get us two teams in sooner then later.

Reactions: weseminole
Good analysis, wes...

No one objectively thinks U of L is 40 points better than FSU. We know from our basketball experience, that a good team team occasionally has "one of those games". All you can do is learn from the elements in the loss that may repeat or show real weaknesses. Everything else you write off to being a fluke.

Saturday set up as an anomaly game... Louisville's first Game Day, all of the Ali stuff, etc. FSU sort of walked into a hornet's nest, not that you guys haven't played in tough road settings before. You know your team better than most of us here do and how much to attribute to crazy, one-off factors that are tough to predict or plan for.

U of L fans love FSU on the schedule each year, and hopefully we remain there. Thanks for visiting our site this week, and come back and talk football anytime you want. Despite the basketball mention, I don't even want to think about that sport for a few more months...

And that 1 out of 4 is exactly the attitude you should have. It is our job to make it 2 or maybe even 3 out of 4. I have great respect for your program going back to the days of the turf cemetery. You played your way to the top, anybody, anyplace.

Good analysis, wes...

No one objectively thinks U of L is 40 points better than FSU. We know from our basketball experience, that a good team team occasionally has "one of those games". All you can do is learn from the elements in the loss that may repeat or show real weaknesses. Everything else you write off to being a fluke.

Saturday set up as an anomaly game... Louisville's first Game Day, all of the Ali stuff, etc. FSU sort of walked into a hornet's nest, not that you guys haven't played in tough road settings before. You know your team better than most of us here do and how much to attribute to crazy, one-off factors that are tough to predict or plan for.

U of L fans love FSU on the schedule each year, and hopefully we remain there. Thanks for visiting our site this week, and come back and talk football anytime you want. Despite the basketball mention, I don't even want to think about that sport for a few more months...

In general I agree with this. However.....the other side of the coin is that FSU is not as good as their pre season and the 2 or 3 ranking they held prior to the Cards game.

It could be a combination of FSU being over rated and the Cards being under rated. Rest of the season will answer that question.

Food for thought....if FSU had came in and spanked the Cards by 43 points.....would anybody doubt that they were 40+ points better than UofL? The pundits would have laughed at the score and said see: blah blah blah.....UofL not up to big boy FB yet and never will be any better than 3rd in their division of the 2 team ACC blah blah blah.....

My how the tables turn when CBP is the HC with talented skill players like Lamar J. and a stout defense to keep getting them the ball back, etc.

Thanks to all the FSU posters who dropped by before and after the game.....I believe they will right the ship and likely win out the rest of the season.....which would make what the Cardinals did resonate even more in the nations eyes.

Food for thought....if FSU had came in and spanked the Cards by 43 points.....would anybody doubt that they were 40+ points better than UofL? The pundits would have laughed at the score and said see: blah blah blah.....UofL not up to big boy FB yet and never will be any better than 3rd in their division of the 2 team ACC blah blah blah.....
That's just the way it is until the Cardinals prove they belong over time. It won't happen overnight or even in a few successful years. The success has to be sustained long term before we can ever get rid of that perception. Long term means decades of winning football at the highest level. We have a clear path to that level now for the first time ever. We got our seat at the big boy table. Now it's up to us to make some elbow room.

Go CARDS!!!!

In general I agree with this. However.....the other side of the coin is that FSU is not as good as their pre season and the 2 or 3 ranking they held prior to the Cards game.

It could be a combination of FSU being over rated and the Cards being under rated. Rest of the season will answer that question...
I would agree except for how much Saturday suggested that difference is. Sorry, we're not really forty points better than FSU (and that was with the starters out...) That implies FSU is little better than Charlotte or the Cuse. Saturday's game simply got out of hand for reasons that would not resurface in a ten-game series.

Nor would the opposite result have meant that FSU was 40 points better. A single game on rare occasion will show a result like Saturday's. Thankfully, we were on top in this one...

Reactions: Mayoman
Which is why the 'Noles will most likely regroup and go on to have a great season (let's hope so).

I would agree except for how much Saturday suggested that difference is. Sorry, we're not really forty points better than FSU (and that was with the starters out...) That implies FSU is little better than Charlotte or the Cuse. Saturday's game simply got out of hand for reasons that would not resurface in a ten-game series.

Nor would the opposite result have meant that FSU was 40 points better. A single game on rare occasion will show a result like Saturday's. Thankfully, we were on top in this one...

That's just the way it is until the Cardinals prove they belong over time. It won't happen overnight or even in a few successful years. The success has to be sustained long term before we can ever get rid of that perception. Long term means decades of winning football at the highest level. We have a clear path to that level now for the first time ever. We got our seat at the big boy table. Now it's up to us to make some elbow room.

Go CARDS!!!!

Disagree on the definition of long term here. Clemson was middling forever. Taj Boyd and now Deshawn Watson is all it took for them to be taken seriously. If you guys keep LJ around until his Sr. year and have somebody good behind him you'll be getting respect in a few years. Just like Clemson.

For example, some group of talking heads said that the FSU Clemson game was the most important rivalry in CFB taking over Bama LSU. If you would have told me that 5 years ago I would have laughed.

Last edited:

It could be a combination of FSU being over rated and the Cards being under rated. Rest of the season will answer that question.

My how the tables turn when CBP is the HC with talented skill players like Lamar J. and a stout defense to keep getting them the ball back, etc.

Thanks to all the FSU posters who dropped by before and after the game.....I believe they will right the ship and likely win out the rest of the season.....which would make what the Cardinals did resonate even more in the nations eyes.
Thats a good point. Theres something to be said for team history/name brand/etc. In that situation FSU would be #1 in the country and there would be no questions about it. UL would be #3 in the division for the rest of eternity according to some. Its not fair but programs like FSU do get the benefit of the doubt. Then again UL probably wouldnt have had as much negative attention as FSU after the loss. For UL, youd be seen as a team that needed to regroup and rebuild. According to some FSU is dead.

I think its definitely a combination of UL being underrated and FSU being overrated. I doubt we win out but its not as impossible as some make it seem. Even with the issues we're more talented than everyone from here on out except Clemson and really, even them too, slightly. Its just a matter of our defense getting it together and our OL showing up. I dont see it happening for 10 straight games but who knows?

Disagree on the definition of long term here. Clemson was middling forever. Taj Boyd and now Deshawn Watson is all it took for them to be taken seriously. If you guys keep LJ around until his Sr. year and have somebody good behind him you'll be getting respect in a few years. Just like Clemson.

For example, some group of talking heads said that the FSU Clemson game was the most important rivalry in CFB taking over Bama LSU. If you would have told me that 5 years ago I would have laughed.
The biggest difference is Clemson has been at the big boy table much longer than the Cards have. Clemson is more respected year in year out because of that seat at the big boy table compared to the history UofL has to overcome.

We got our seat now at the big boy table thanks to the ACC giving us a shot. With coach Petrino, and more importantly, Athletic Director Tom Jurich in charge, I like our chances of having success at the big boy table. It has been a long journey with some bumps in the road, but that's all behind us now. NOW we've got a legitimate shot at the big time because of the ACC offering us that seat.

I love the ACC for it too. :)

GO CARDS!!!!

Thats a good point. Theres something to be said for team history/name brand/etc. In that situation FSU would be #1 in the country and there would be no questions about it. UL would be #3 in the division for the rest of eternity according to some. Its not fair but programs like FSU do get the benefit of the doubt. Then again UL probably wouldnt have had as much negative attention as FSU after the loss. For UL, youd be seen as a team that needed to regroup and rebuild. According to some FSU is dead.

I think its definitely a combination of UL being underrated and FSU being overrated. I doubt we win out but its not as impossible as some make it seem. Even with the issues we're more talented than everyone from here on out except Clemson and really, even them too, slightly. Its just a matter of our defense getting it together and our OL showing up. I dont see it happening for 10 straight games but who knows?

Thanks again wes for dropping by this board and providing us with your thoughts. I hope you are wrong about not seeing it happening......I hope they do and it would be great for the ACC to have 2 highly ranked teams if not three in the T10 at seasons end to validate to the nation that the ACC is not just a one trick pony and truly has the best 'All Sports' conference in the nation. The Noles, Cards and Tigers can all do this in CFB and we already know about how good the league represents in the other sports.

Hail ACC.....and to hell the SEC, blah blah blah teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT