ADVERTISEMENT

Renegotiated Arena Deal, Jurich Excluded

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
It appears that Interim President Postel has renegotiated the arena deal without including TJ in the process. It sounds like there is a concerted effort to usurp power away from the athletic dept. Feels like this won't end well. I think the executive administration at UofL (both President office and the BoT) allowed the athletics dept to operate in too much of a vacuum. However elbowing TJ out of such a major decision seems to be a horrible overstep.

How is an interim prez allowed to negotiate such an important deal. I hope the athletic board votes it down! Don't like Postel shutting TJ out of the meeting, BS!

Reactions: USAFretiredCAT
How is an interim prez allowed to negotiate such an important deal. I hope the athletic board votes it down! Don't like Postel shutting TJ out of the meeting, BS!
Like you said, he's an interim president but he wants to become permanent. Being perceived as the standup guy would help his career immensely. We always known that athletics (and money) run the show at U of L.

Postel will write his own epitaph in the end.

What was the remark he made to Schnatter in confidence about Jurich, something about "invisible" that Postel later denied? My guess is that comment was indeed made. The Papa was just an idiot thinking he could outgun Jurich for whatever asinine purpose he likely had.

Postel's in an arena with the big boys, and he better have on his big boy pants. That crowd could make it ugly for him, and he's built very little support to fall back on. He hasn't had time...

Reactions: JohnCard28
Please don't tell me we are headed back to the Donald Swain era. That Hoosier almost ruined our athletic department.

3 things- Postel said in May he was taking over negotiations on Yum! Center. This morning, Postel denied Jurich wasn't in the loop. He was. Lastly, this new deal isn't a good one for the fans or UofL, but it does show UofL is willing to help out.

The arena deal surprisingly met no resistance at the ULAA meeting but was hotly debated at the BoT. Nonetheless it did pass. What's this mean now? UofL will lose some scheduling flexibility, fans will be charged additional surcharge on bball tix, the arena may or may not still go into default.

I guess if you want UofL bball to stay downtown and you don't want an NBA team then this deal probably was a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT