ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Bonnafon

He tested out with a 43 1/2" vertical, that's 2" higher than anyone at this years NFL combine. The kid is going to be a weapon over the next two seasons.
Maybe only one more year only. And I hope you are right. We didn't get him the ball enough last year. He is deadly on the halfback option. He could be the best since Hornung.

Reactions: mwdcard and SoulSr
Maybe only one more year only. And I hope you are right. We didn't get him the ball enough last year. He is deadly on the halfback option. He could be the best since Hornung.

I could see him getting used more at WR, and I agree with he and Jackson both in the backfield it will be deadly.

You're gonna have to watch him take practice snaps at QB for awhile yet. We don't have enough able bodies at the most important position on the field...

Reggie was a receiver at Trinity for 3 years and he was really impressive and that is where he would do the best for the team. I don't know why Reggie wants to stay at the quarterback position he will never play that at the next level, if he wants to play in the pro's his best chance is at receiver.

Well, Reggie has a strong arm and the option pass he threw last year was a laser for a TD. Since he is obviously a triple threat guy, why not find more ways to get him the ball?

Reggie was a receiver at Trinity for 3 years and he was really impressive and that is where he would do the best for the team. I don't know why Reggie wants to stay at the quarterback position he will never play that at the next level, if he wants to play in the pro's his best chance is at receiver.

Technically, Reggie has already made the move away from QB. That was pretty obvious by about midseason last year. Unfortunately, he may need to move back to QB if Kyle leaves and Pass is not ready. The chances of that are higher than I would like at this point. If Kyle returns we will see Reggie all over the field.

Technically, Reggie has already made the move away from QB. That was pretty obvious by about midseason last year. Unfortunately, he may need to move back to QB if Kyle leaves and Pass is not ready. The chances of that are higher than I would like at this point. If Kyle returns we will see Reggie all over the field.
If Kyle were going to leave, I would think it would have happened by now.

Kyle is not leaving. Why do people think to even say that? Just because I guy is not a starter doesn't mean he transfers. Most guys are not starters.

Kyle is not leaving. Why do people think to even say that? Just because I guy is not a starter doesn't mean he transfers. Most guys are not starters.
Dan knows that answer here better than anyone, if he's willing to say. My guess is Bolin gets his degree by next Summer, then has a tough decision to make...

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Well, Reggie has a strong arm and the option pass he threw last year was a laser for a TD. Since he is obviously a triple threat guy, why not find more ways to get him the ball?
I never understood why Michael Bush never threw the ball. Soon as he touched it everybody bum rushed the LOS.

It was there every time.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Reggie yesterday tweeted this:
Keep my family in your prayers
1f64f-1f3fd.png
.. This violence in the city is starting to get out of hand smh

Anyone know what that's about?

He tested out with a 43 1/2" vertical, that's 2" higher than anyone at this years NFL combine. The kid is going to be a weapon over the next two seasons.

To put that 43.5" vertical leap into perspective, it would tie for 7th place in a list of the all-time highest vertical leaps in NFL Combine history! It would also tie Nate Robinson for 11th highest vertical leapers in NBA history. Darrell Griffith and Michael Jordan tie for first on that list with 48 inch vertical leaps. Wow!

Gotta believe Bolin will be back, can't imagine he won't at the very least, be next man up, and the way LJ plays he could easily get injured. He could also come in in a reliever role like he did against the slapdicks a couple of years ago.. He's a valuable asset even if he's not the starter, I'm sure he realizes that, hope so anyway.

Bonnafon is quite a package. Honestly, between Quick, Staples, Samuels, Peete and J Smith plus Savage and whatever great WR's we will have as freshmen - designating Reggie as "diverse" as a triple threat could be his biggest plus. If he changes defenses when he comes in, he is already successful. More work with the passing game and getting familiar with the WR's could pay off something special if it's used on running back options. Show run right away, make it convincing, I bet Reggie could throw 3 TD's in a season from RB. Especially with Bobby's use of tight ends.

All I have seen, to my mind anyway, is a few 17 yards carries done quick. I haven't seen Reggie's Home Runs yet. I have to think they may be imminent.

Wow, we have turned into a remarkably athletic team. If the OLine comes along, we're gonna be a tough out for anyone.

Gotta believe Bolin will be back, can't imagine he won't at the very least, be next man up, and the way LJ plays he could easily get injured. He could also come in in a reliever role like he did against the slapdicks a couple of years ago.. He's a valuable asset even if he's not the starter, I'm sure he realizes that, hope so anyway.
Other than Jackson, Bolin is the only other true QB that was out there today. Reggie rotated around but spent most of the practice with the WR's.

Reggie is good enough to be a very good utility man, I would like to see him as a receiver more than anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT