ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Recruit reactions from ND game

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
2020 4-star QB commit Chubba Purdy said,

“I thought they looked great. I liked the offense they were really executing well and moving the ball.”

2020 three star WR Jordan Watkins on how the receivers were used:

“They didn’t use them the way they said they were Had plenty of opportunity to take shots and they didn’t but I did see improvement.”

2021 3-star SS Jaylen Johnson from Ohio when asked what he thought about the game:

“I only stayed for the first half but the truth is the atmosphere of Louisville was great but the love wasn’t there. I feel like since I’m not a Kentucky kid they won’t look at me the same. So my thoughts on this program is they obviously don’t want me so work hard and show them what they’re missing out on.”

2021 3-star N. Hardin (Ky) RB didn’t make it to the game because his mom caught a sudden bout of the flu. I feel his pain because I missed the game and work today with the same bug. He did however confirm that his teammate 4-star DT Oxtavious Oxendine was there. I’m attempting to contact Ox for comment but he hasn’t replied.

2021 3-star OLB target Devon Williams said: “It was a great game, a lot of big plays from both teams.”

2020 CB commit Ronald Delancy said:

“I feel like the offense got to big headed after the first half and the defense held it down Notre Dame just gained momentum that’s all.”

He also added the corners looked good and the game had no impact on his commitment.

2021 3-star DE Zeiqui Lewis from West Virginia said,

“It was a pretty good one until the second half.”

I asked him if he felt he would fit into Louisville’s defensive scheme and he responded that he can fit into any scheme but prefers a 4 man front.

2020 LB commit Zay Peterson said,

“The family has grown a lot but there were a lot of missed tackles and a lot of wrong fits. Other than that we would of played good.”

Adding:

“I liked how they used my boy Rodjay in coverage and the box. He was a threat. That’s the position I’m going to play.”

2021 4-star Bowling Green (Ky) TE said,

“It was really good especially in the first half but just have to tighten up on the simple mistakes and they’ll be really good. I think a big part of their performance was due to the new coaching staff too.”

He added:

“I liked how they put them (the TE’s) all over the field in different formations and that they were one of the main targets of the night. Also the trick plays they have designed for them.”

2022 Frederick Douglass (Ky) WR Dane Key picked up an offer during the visit and said:

“The game was so lit.”

2020 WR commit Dexter Rentz said:

“They’re definitely going to be good this year just have to clean up some things but other than that It’s going to be something special this year.”

2020 OL commit Tim Lawson said:

“I think that they played a really good game I can see they need to work on little things but I like what coach has planned for this team in the running.”

2020 Louisville DB commit Josh Minkins said:

“I thought it was a good game even without getting the win. The way the coaches were interacting with the players before the game and just seeing how the team played you can see it’s definitely going in the right direction. The culture has definitely changed around here saw some good things from both sides of the ball and look for bigger and better things to come in the future!”

2020 3-star DT commit Jared Dawson said:

“A win would have been great but it shows the complete turnaround from past years and that something special is going on over there that I want to be a part of it.”

2020 LB commit Khatavian Franks said,

“First game of the season, but we gotta execute better. Defense played great. Clean up the small mistakes. That’s about it.”

2022 Corbin (Ky) RB Treyveon Longmire said,

“I thought the game was lit. Very exciting atmosphere from start to finish. Really seems like they are changing the culture there. I had a very fun time.”

2022 6-7, 350 - pound OT Kiyaunta Goodwin on the game and meeting Mekhi Becton,

“The effort and the offensive line play was much better from last season I feel like Louisville is going in the right direction. (Becton)’s a good guy. He gave me his phone number and said we could workout together.”

2021 Tennessee-based 3-star OT William Griffin said,

“Their O-line did great on pass protection for the QB had all day most of the time. They run a lot of zone blocking, they did good but you could tell when they were tried because they didn’t block as good.”

He said he enjoyed the game overall and hopes to make a return visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: mwdcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News