PF- Traore
C- Scott

Bench:

PG- Johnson
SG- Smith
SF-
PF-
C-
Don't be surprised to see Reyne Smith in the starting lineup. He's not a fill in player and knows Kelsey's offense better than anyone. He's like a coach on the court.

Don't be surprised to see Reyne Smith in the starting lineup. He's not a fill in player and knows Kelsey's offense better than anyone. He's like a coach on the court.
I agree with Smith he’s going to be better than a lot of people anticipate. People keep comparing him to Ryan McMahon, but McMahon was just a spot up shooter. I believe Reyne is a heck of a lot better than McMahon ever was!

Reactions: shadow force
The most underrated part of the game is ball handling and Bball IQ. You get a bunch of guys together that understand what it takes to win,can handle the rock and don't take possessions off on defense,well then...

I am very interested to see how Traore's game translates to this level!
I think Traore is going to surprise a lot of people. Watching his film he plays a lot bigger than 6-5. He posts up really well. He is a good rebounder for his size and passes the ball well also.

PK has done a hell of a job with you guys roster. I believe this is going to be a MUCH improved team. Obviously it's difficult to predict a number of wins or what the post season will look like, but on paper this doesn't look like a bad team at all.

1) G- Reyne Smith, 6'2", senior

2) F/C- James Scott, 6'11", soph

3) G/F- Terrence Edwards, 6'6", senior

4) G/F- J'Vonne Hadley, 6'6", senior

5) G- Koren Johnson, 6'2", junior

6) F- Aboubacar Traore, 6'5", senior

7) PG- Chucky Hepburn, 6'2", senior

8) PF- Kasean Pryor, 6'10", senior

9) F/PF- Khani Rooths, 6'8", freshman

10) G- Kobe Rodgers, 6'3", senior, redshirt

11) C- Aly Khalifa, 6'11", senior, redshirt

Possible Starting Lineup:

PG- Hepburn
SG- Edwards
SF- Hadley
PF- Pryor
C- Scott

Bench:

PG- Johnson
SG- Smith
SF- Traore
PF- Rooths
C-

Redshirts:

Aly Khalifa
Kobe Rodgers
Edwards is more of a 3. I can see Smith at the 2. He can really shot the 3.

Reactions: bigloucards
1) G- Reyne Smith, 6'2", senior

2) F/C- James Scott, 6'11", soph

3) G/F- Terrence Edwards, 6'6", senior

4) G/F- J'Vonne Hadley, 6'6", senior

5) G- Koren Johnson, 6'2", junior

6) F- Aboubacar Traore, 6'5", senior

7) PG- Chucky Hepburn, 6'2", senior

8) PF- Kasean Pryor, 6'10", senior

9) F/PF- Khani Rooths, 6'8", freshman

10) G- Kobe Rodgers, 6'3", senior, redshirt

11) C- Aly Khalifa, 6'11", senior, redshirt

Possible Starting Lineup:

PG- Hepburn
SG- Edwards
SF- Hadley
PF- Pryor
C- Scott

Bench:

PG- Johnson
SG- Smith
SF- Traore
PF- Rooths
C-

Redshirts:

Aly Khalifa
Kobe Rodgers
Onyenso or Waterman and another wing would make the roster NCAA Tournament ready.

Edwards is more of a 3. I can see Smith at the 2. He can really shot the 3.

Wasn't sure on Edwards exactly as he and Hadley are usually listed as either guard or a forward. Smiths 3 point shooting ability will definitely get him minutes.

PK has an opportunity to elevate himself and UL basketball to National prominence, something that frankly I doubted as recently as 6 months ago.

As someone else as already posted, we need to be mindful that PK has yet to coach his first game here; yet here I am getting optimistic about UL’s future for the first time in a very long time.

I think CPK’s coaching record/ winning percentage bode well for this team. Also, IMHO, teams tend to take on the personality of the head coach. This is best evidenced by two UL coaches. Pitino and Payne. Pitino’s teams were determined and had a bull dog tenacity…like their coach. Payne’s team’s also reflected their coach’s work ethic and determination…zero.

If this holds true, expect this team to be upbeat, focused and outcome driven. I’m ready for it!!

I really like this roster at least on paper. Versatility seems very high in regards to lineups and what they can do. A variety of play makers, ball handlers, shooters and defensive stoppers around the court. Can go big or play smaller.

The only thing that's missing is a big banger post player/center that can block shots though Scott can do some rim protection.

If Kelsey can create confusion with a good motion offense, our offense will be tough to defend. defenses would need good chemistry to switch 1-5. if the opponent goes to their bench and play less experienced guys, they will be exposed through switches

Reactions: shadow force
i am copying this from Isaac Trotter of TOS, who is picking us 4th in the ACC, jsut to give an idea of what he thinks of our players:

"Projected starting lineup:
G Chucky Hepburn
G Koren Johnson
Wing Terrence Edwards Jr.
Wing J'Vonne Hadley
F Kasean Pryor

Top bench options: F Noah Waterman, Wing Khani Rooths, G Reyne Smith, F James Scott, Wing Aboubacar Traore

The scoop
: Have an offseason, Pat Kelsey. Louisville's facelift is real and wonderful. Louisville's roster is filled with nasty two-way playmakers and skilled, shot-making frontcourt pieces. Hepburn, Hadley and Edwards should be a terrifying trio of multi-positonal defenders who can take turns just nuking opposing perimeter weapons. Edwards and Johnson are electric drivers and that skillset should be vital for a Louisville roster that has snipers all over the floor like Smith, Waterman and Pryor. Hepburn should rediscover his jumper, too, and Rooths (a prized top-35 recruit) adds another big wing who can create off the bounce to Kelsey's deck.

Louisville has a little bit of everything, except that big-bodied thumper. But look around the ACC. There aren't many of those low-post monsters to worry about since Armando Bacot (finally) graduated and DJ Burns exited after taking NC State to the Final Four. "

also from TOS, Carter Bahns interviewed coach and he said this:

ON HIS GOALS FOR THE 2024-25 SEASON:​

"You don't put your shoes on, lace them up unless you're anticipating competing for a championship. That's it. I'm never going to go into a season like, 'Hey, this season will be a success if —.' I'm just not that way. I'm just a big believer, and I've been this way for my entire career, my entire head coaching career. We've won a ton of championships… We have a championship mentality every single day in how we recruit, how we coach, how we cultivate, how we build. And obviously that's the goal of every single season."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT