ADVERTISEMENT

Reason For Concern At All?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
First, I want to say that I'm not truly concerned about CPKs recruiting at this point. Just wanted to get some discussion going. I think his first class is very good with a lot of talent and that the staff works very hard.

Second we know he likes to hit the transfer portal and get some experienced players.

That said, the staff has sent out a lot of offers to the 2025 class but has yet to land one. They have been in final top 5s or top 3s but haven't been THE pick yet.

Your thoughts?

If we have enough money the portal is the best place to go. See who the best players are and steal them with money. That seems to be the game plan for ever else.

Reactions: shadow force
I’m sure there is a lot of negative recruiting going on towards Louisville because of the last two seasons. I kind of thought if you paid enough you could buy a recruit but it seems like we are having a hard time doing that. These kids seem to want it all imo…Money and somebody they think can get them to the NBA faster. Not surprised it worked out like this as nothing’s changed except for having to give them a boatload of money.

What CPK does this season will determine how his high school recruiting will be in the future. I believe HS players want to see results before they buy in. The '25 class could only be 1 or 2 players and the rest transfers. If they ball out this season then the '26 class could be huge if he can land Arenas and Stokes.

What CPK does this season will determine how his high school recruiting will be in the future. I believe HS players want to see results before they buy in. The '25 class could only be 1 or 2 players and the rest transfers. If they ball out this season then the '26 class could be huge if he can land Arenas and Stokes.
Totally agree with this take.

Its not only 'show me the money'....it is show me the wins and the return to national relevance coach.
Show me how you can get me to the NBA fast and now. That is the mojo of the HS players nowadays. Super microwave attitude with entitlement and greed motivators. Kinda of sad and jaded this younger generation has become.

I’m sure there is a lot of negative recruiting going on towards Louisville because of the last two seasons. I kind of thought if you paid enough you could buy a recruit but it seems like we are having a hard time doing that. These kids seem to want it all imo…Money and somebody they think can get them to the NBA faster. Not surprised it worked out like this as nothing’s changed except for having to give them a boatload of money.
I would agree with most of this although I think its more about money than going to the NBA. NIL has changed that and the fact that if you are good enough you can have a pretty successful career financially by playing overseas. Give me the money and I want it now! Winning championships are an afterthought.

It's way too early to be sure, but the cupboard isn't empty next season either. Potentially CPK has this coming back:

C Khalifa
C Scott
G Rodgers
G Johnson
F Rooths

That's 5 players who could return.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Agree that CPK might only bring in 2 or 3 freshmen and is waiting to hit the transfer portal hard again later on.

I'm sure this staff has a definite plan in mind.

I would agree with most of this although I think its more about money than going to the NBA. NIL has changed that and the fact that if you are good enough you can have a pretty successful career financially by playing overseas. Give me the money and I want it now! Winning championships are an afterthought.
I believe Louisville is offering big dollars to some of these recruits. Again I believe opposing coaches are teaming up on Louisville by all saying pretty much the same thing to them. Look at Louisville’s record. Thanks Payne :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT