ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Setting In...

I still remember my expectations before the season started. I was disappointed in some of the losses for the way they happened but my overall outlook and perspective hasn't changed a great deal. I definitely had both Virginia games as losses.

Playing in the toughest league and having one of the hardest schedules in college bball is finally catching up to this team.

Going forward I also hope they can squeeze out a couple more wins. But going beyond that, I want Mack to continue growing and improving as a coach, to bring in more talent, and keep his teams playing hard and smarter. This season is what it is, maybe even next season too we'll see. I've still had more fun this season than I thought I would because I thought it would be a rocky road.

Yep, just gotta win BC and ND. I think we end up a 8 seed if we don’t get completely screwed and end up not making the tourney.

I still remember my expectations before the season started. I was disappointed in some of the losses for the way they happened but my overall outlook and perspective hasn't changed a great deal. I definitely had both Virginia games as losses.

Playing in the toughest league and having one of the hardest schedules in college bball is finally catching up to this team.

Going forward I also hope they can squeeze out a couple more wins. But going beyond that, I want Mack to continue growing and improving as a coach, to bring in more talent, and keep his teams playing hard and smarter. This season is what it is, maybe even next season too we'll see. I've still had more fun this season than I thought I would because I thought it would be a rocky road.
Yea, I think Card fans shouldn't have expected to be much better than last year, we lost to pro players and added grad transfers from small schools. I think we got some fools gold with some of the wins and now the true team is showing up. Been a rough few years to be a UL fan...both football and basketball.

Been a good year hope they can dig in and find another W or two. Roster is very limited, they over achieved greatly, but are fading.
You're correct hop. Let's just get 1 or 2 more,go dancing and see what happens. Let's stay behind the team and hope that the guys logging 35+ a game get some help. It's all gravy as long as I'm dancing come March.

You're correct hop. Let's just get 1 or 2 more,go dancing and see what happens. Let's stay behind the team and hope that the guys logging 35+ a game get some help. It's all gravy as long as I'm dancing come March.
IMO our short bench hurt us today and in the Duke and FSU losses. VJ and Perry can't be trusted to give quality minutes.

Last edited:
UofL shot 33 pointers. made 12. YIKES.
the Centers for UofL shot 7 of them. does this mean UofL has no true center to trust to score down low.

I miss the days of David Padgett being the point center. He would come to the free throw line. Pass him the ball, and run the offense thru him.

It was posted elsewhere that Ryan McMahon has more blocks this season than Enoch has assists. If you are incapable of scoring down low you sure as hell should become proficient at drawing a defense and passing out to the open man. Both of our bigs have much to work on in the off-season or they will be playing fewer minutes next year.

The bigs aren't post players, they are 7ft tall perimeter players with shooting being there only perimeter skill. That is a nightmare skill set/mind set. Williams can at least defend the post.

Bigs are always the slowest to develop because for 16 or 17 years they are just bigger than their opponent. They don't work on developing their post game. They are literally a black hole in high school, the ball is coming into the post and never coming out,

A lot of work and I am not sure there is enough time.

Most of the experts were calling for a 15 win season for this bunch. They've already exceeded those expectations and destroyed those predictions. This team will win 19 or 20 regular season games and then 1 or 2 (maybe 3 or 4) in the post season. Not bad for a team that wasn't supposed to have a winning season.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Reactions: Cue Card
I was expecting another NIT season.
A number 9 seed would be great due to expectations and this limited team.

Yes OP, theyre running out of gas. Also the ACC is the best and toughest conference.
Last place Pitt beat this team.

I just wanted to beat SuCkS and VA.

Hopefully theyll get to the Sweet Sixteen.

And that Sweet Sixteen hope will be the last because this is UofL. They will retake theyre place as a top 5 program !

Reactions: Cue Card
I also expected another NIT season with a final regular season win total of 17-19 games. That was based on the talent being worse than last year but the coaching better. And it appears that we will best that win total by a couple games and make the tourney.

A good season overall for Mack and this team, still with a chance to make it a great one...

Reactions: UL_1986
I also expected another NIT season with a final regular season win total of 17-19 games. That was based on the talent being worse than last year but the coaching better. And it appears that we will best that win total by a couple games and make the tourney.

A good season overall for Mack and this team, still with a chance to make it a great one...
LOL what got into you thats the most positive i've read from you on the CARDS

Been a good year hope they can dig in and find another W or two. Roster is very limited, they over achieved greatly, but are fading.

Yes, going into the season my expectations (completely ignore any likely coming NCAA punishment) were:

2018-19: Show effort, heart, & development, winning season, NIT birth
2019-20: Top 25 team, battle-hardened experience with terrific young talent that develops
2020-21: Top 10-15 team, perfect match of experience & talent
2021-22: ??

So we are a year ahead of that schedule in year 1 - which is pretty darn amazing IMO. The point guard situation is a bit frightening for next year, however; might need another grad transfer. This year was a great advertisement for grad transfers thriving under this coach, however, which is great news.

Unfortunately our schedule is really tough at the end here. We are playing some of the best teams in the country, this is not the SEC. The team down the road beats an unranked conference opponent by 12 at home and to them that's huge. Boston College is going to be tough they are like Clemson a lot of losses but they played their opponents tough.

Yea, I think Card fans shouldn't have expected to be much better than last year, we lost to pro players and added grad transfers from small schools. I think we got some fools gold with some of the wins and now the true team is showing up. Been a rough few years to be a UL fan...both football and basketball.

Better off without a couple of those guys from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT