ADVERTISEMENT

Read this Petrino

Petrino has never walked out of a contract before. ;)

Petrino walked out of a contract before because he wanted to back to college and coach in the SEC West.

Let's face it here ... Arthur Blank can bitch and moan and throw him under the bus all he wants for him bailing on the Atlanta Falcons ... but Petrino is an offensive savant and was brought in to take full advantage of Michael Vick's talents. Then the whole dog fighting scandal breaks and he never gets to coach Vick in a single NFL game. I don't blame him one bit for bailing on that contract.

In this case, he's not bailing on a contract with a $12 million buyout to go coach in the SEC West.

Reactions: SoulSr
Petrino walked out of a contract before because he wanted to back to college and coach in the SEC West.

Let's face it here ... Arthur Blank can bitch and moan and throw him under the bus all he wants for him bailing on the Atlanta Falcons ... but Petrino is an offensive savant and was brought in to take full advantage of Michael Vick's talents. Then the whole dog fighting scandal breaks and he never gets to coach Vick in a single NFL game. I don't blame him one bit for bailing on that contract.

In this case, he's not bailing on a contract with a $12 million buyout to go coach in the SEC West.

He walked out on UofL to go coach the Falcons. He tried to walk out a couple of times before that. Then he walked out on Atlanta in the middle of the night before the season ended. He walked out on WKU, too, after they were the ones who gave him an opportunity after his fall from grace.

He walked out on UofL to go coach the Falcons. He tried to walk out a couple of times before that. Then he walked out on Atlanta in the middle of the night before the season ended. He walked out on WKU, too, after they were the ones who gave him an opportunity after his fall from grace.

Once again ... each time he walked out on something to go to something that he thought was better.

In this situation, people are thinking (hoping?) that he walks out on a $12 million buyout for ... what? The Atlanta Falcons, the Arkansas Razorbacks, and the UofL Cardinals are not waiting to pluck him from his current job in this case, so my point here is that this is not similar to any of those other situations.

Reactions: wilkie01
Once again ... each time he walked out on something to go to something that he thought was better.

In this situation, people are thinking (hoping?) that he walks out on a $12 million buyout for ... what? The Atlanta Falcons, the Arkansas Razorbacks, and the UofL Cardinals are not waiting to pluck him from his current job in this case, so my point here is that this is not similar to any of those other situations.

Spin it how you wish, but he's walked out on many contracts. He's done it in rather shitty ways, too.

Reactions: wilkie01
I hear and read complaints, but no one's started a CON list. That PRO list in blue is pretty damn impressive, and I'm sure I forgot a number of accomplishments. Just b!tching is just b!tching...

I would say the con of keeping Pitino post-Powell and making the university a punch line for the last few years and being the first school in NCAA history to have a championship banner taken down are pretty big cons.

Spin it how you wish, but he's walked out on many contracts. He's done it in rather shitty ways, too.

There is absolutely 0.00% chance that Petrino walks out on that contract. For one, why would he? There isn't a program on Earth that's going to hire Bobby Petrino away from Louisville right now. None. No major, wealthy program would hire him and no lower level program would have the funds to pay him.

There is absolutely 0.00% chance that Petrino walks out on that contract. For one, why would he? There isn't a program on Earth that's going to hire Bobby Petrino away from Louisville right now. None. No major, wealthy program would hire him and no lower level program would have the funds to pay him.

I know. It was just a zing, a factual zing. I'll say this, however. It's not completely unprecedented for a coach at a good gig to leave for a lesser program due to fan disillusionment (Tubby leaving UK for Minnesota.) Also, Petrino has shown he will leave when things get tough (Atlanta.)

Last edited:
My “pros” for TJ?

Just one.

Without Jurich we’re not talking about any of this. We would not be in this conversation.

Before you say “But....but....but” name me a CUSA or AAC team in it.

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT