ADVERTISEMENT

Rate CPKs First UofL Roster

9.8, Even though I like some of the things he may bring…Only question I have of any player is how Traore may translate. I love the roster overall

Under the circumstances, I would give him a 10. To replace an entire roster and clean up the complete mess that KP left him was a pretty daunting task. I think we will be at least a 500 team, maybe better.

8.2 out of 10. strengths are good 3 point shooting and experienced players for me, . question marks are post play and Hepburn. i'm not sold on him but hope he proves me wrong. he can defend but not able to drive in the lane.
feel like we need Scott to have a breakout season.

Reactions: shadow force
I give CPK an 8.5 out of 10. I don't think he could've done much better in his first year and he did it quickly.

Agree that post play might be a weakness without a big banger down low to either occasionally score or especially for defense. Hopefully Scott and Frank are up to the task.

Could've maybe used another PG but playmakers at multiple positions from guys like Edwards, Traore, Hadley and others might be enough.

Of course, CPK bringing in a balanced roster of transfers deserves a A+. However, we really can't grade the results until games are played.

Most if not all of these transfers come from mid major programs so we can't really be sure if they will perform at a higher level. KP received transfers that we figured would be talented players only to see they were not as talented as hoped.

But like everyone else, this roster looks the part and if CPK and his staff are good coaches, I believe we will be right there for a Big Dance appearance. It has to be unprecedented for a major college program to replace an entire roster and coaching staff from the season before?

No one truly knows what's going to happen, except the 99.9 percent assurance we won't lose 20+ games again.

9! Extremely pleased with where we are. Now.....can he coach at this level?? I sure hope so, bc he has quickly checked most other boxes.

Looks good, feels right. I’ll wait until I see them in action as a team before casting full judgement.

We are bringing in proven winners but we know that's only the first half...now it's up to coaches to align the pieces! I give him a 10 for recruiting and signing this class within a 2 month period. This would have been impossible and triggered all sorts of NCAA violations 5 years ago.

Reactions: achilles992000
some media guys have said not to worry about the big man situation. there aren't many big centers in the ACC this year. Burns and Bacot are both gone.

Under the circumstances, I would give him a 10. To replace an entire roster and clean up the complete mess that KP left him was a pretty daunting task. I think we will be at least a 500 team, maybe better.
I'll bet you a paycheck we're more than a .500 team.

I give CPFK a solid 9.. He came in with his hair on fire and hasn't slowed down yet. He put things together in a timely manner and got most of his targets.. Can't wait to see them in action. I can't explain how good it feels to have hope for the basketball team again. LFG !!!!

I'll bet you a paycheck we're more than a .500 team.

I give CPFK a solid 9.. He came in with his hair on fire and hasn't slowed down yet. He put things together in a timely manner and got most of his targets.. Can't wait to see them in action. I can't explain how good it feels to have hope for the basketball team again. LFG !!!!
I hope you are right. I didn't want to set the bar too high for PK when you consider what he stepped into. I was a little concerned late in the process with our lack of big men. But he took care of that too.

If he gets to the NCAA Tourney it is going to expose what a total fraud KP was. Eaves & Beard will be crying out that KP got more NIL & other support etc. I can hear it now. He just needs to go away.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT