ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings

Louis III

3500+
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2018
I looked at kenpom today since its supposed to be algorithm based rankings, but I'm just not seeing it. I know its early December and I usually don't give a *^%$ of any rankings until at least January, but no bad losses and 2 good wins. SOS is 23 and some of the teams well ahead of us with 1 and 2 losses haven't played a more difficult scheule as their SOS sumbers are way higher. I get not receiving ANY love in the voting polls as we are viewed as red-headed stepchildren, but it just seems we would be in the top 20-30 teams, thus far........we are 48.

I looked at kenpom today since its supposed to be algorithm based rankings, but I'm just not seeing it. I know its early December and I usually don't give a *^%$ of any rankings until at least January, but no bad losses and 2 good wins. SOS is 23 and some of the teams well ahead of us with 1 and 2 losses haven't played a more difficult scheule as their SOS sumbers are way higher. I get not receiving ANY love in the voting polls as we are viewed as red-headed stepchildren, but it just seems we would be in the top 20-30 teams, thus far........we are 48.
Just keep winning and this stuff takes care of itself because it is basketball. If it were football, it would be a serious concern.

Same thing with the media poll. Cards received only 11 votes while Furman is ranked. Yes, Furman won at Villanova but this is not the Nova team from the past few seasons.

Louisville has played 4 straight games against power conference teams. Two ranked in the top 10 and went 2-2 and if not for horrible officiating would have went 3-1.

Yet, only 11 voters put the Cards in their top 25. We all know if it was some other tradition rich program they would be ranked.

I know the polls mean nothing but it still sucks.

Get through tomorrow night and beat IU on Saturday and we are sitting at 7-2 with 3 more winnable games heading into UK game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT