ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked #19

Going into ND game, real possibility a Top 10 Team. Beat GT, and some other falls it could happen. At a minimum looking at TOP 15 with an expected win of 7 to 10 points.
I would prefer a slow progression in the rankings and quite honestly I don't think we have been tested and I have a few concerns with the defense's lack of getting pressure on a mobile QB. Also Slough's hesitation to run when the pocket collapses worries me when we face a strong pass rush. Other than that, Go Cards!

I would prefer a slow progression in the rankings and quite honestly I don't think we have been tested and I have a few concerns with the defense's lack of getting pressure on a mobile QB. Also Slough's hesitation to run when the pocket collapses worries me when we face a strong pass rush. Other than that, Go Cards!
Valid concerns for sure! However, I might add this! I don't want Slough running when the pocket collapses unless he has a clear lane where he can get some yards, and slide. I would rather see him throw it out of bounds and live for another paly! As far as stopping an RPO QB. Coach English made two significant adjustments at halftime, that ended up stopping JAX dead in its tracks in the 2nd half. First, he put a SPY on the QB. We were able to account for the QB as a runner on each play. Second in the first half we used a traditional pass rush scheme with Edge rushers. Our best edge rusher is Giliotte IMO. In an RPO offense the QB rarely is in a drop back passer mode. He is always moving the pocket with his feet, deciding to hand it off, run himself, or pass it. In the 2nd half in addition to the spy, Coach English moved Giliotte inside where he could use his athleticism against the RPO QB/Offense. The results of these two adjustments, was JAX was shut down right in in tracks, and the game was over Midway 3rd quarter. We used the 4th quarter to get Reps and build depth for our Subs! This was pay dividends down the stretch of the season.

Valid concerns for sure! However, I might add this! I don't want Slough running when the pocket collapses unless he has a clear lane where he can get some yards, and slide. I would rather see him throw it out of bounds and live for another paly! As far as stopping an RPO QB. Coach English made two significant adjustments at halftime, that ended up stopping JAX dead in its tracks in the 2nd half. First, he put a SPY on the QB. We were able to account for the QB as a runner on each play. Second in the first half we used a traditional pass rush scheme with Edge rushers. Our best edge rusher is Giliotte IMO. In an RPO offense the QB rarely is in a drop back passer mode. He is always moving the pocket with his feet, deciding to hand it off, run himself, or pass it. In the 2nd half in addition to the spy, Coach English moved Giliotte inside where he could use his athleticism against the RPO QB/Offense. The results of these two adjustments, was JAX was shut down right in in tracks, and the game was over Midway 3rd quarter. We used the 4th quarter to get Reps and build depth for our Subs! This was pay dividends down the stretch of the season.
Definitely all good points!! I am just saying its still Jacksonville St and maybe they deserve more respect from me but I thought they were from Jacksonville FL.

Reactions: cocoa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT