ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Hits - It's been WAY too long

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
Back from the summer, on the air with radio now and ready to get back after it for the season...

CM8lBQJWwAAUucw.jpg

- Huge crowd at the Kentucky International Convention Center for the UofL Football Kickoff Luncheon today. The biggest crowd I have ever seen for that event.

- Bobby Petrino had quite a bit of confidence today and was speaking like a coach that new he had something. The word I get is the coaches are growing ever more confident about their defense.

- Indiana done did it now... They finally caved and scheduled Louisville in football and basketball. This is a very good thing. WInnable games against a good name opponent.

- It stinks that the games in football aren't until 2023 and such (really? We'll all be riding hoverboards and tesla jet packs to the game by then), but I'll take what I can get.

- So Louisville has Auburn in 2015, Purdue in 2017, Alabama in 2018... I wonder what could be in 2016? Maybe nothing, but I heard an interesting rumor about the Cardinals battling some bears in a special made-for-TV game. I sure hope that happens.

- On campus the last few days seeing all the freshmen moving in. It is funny to see all the freshmen dressed to the 9s knowing that two months from no they'll all be wearing hoodies and sweatpants with no showers. Saw a poor girl stuh-ruh-guh-ling across a brick walkway in some new high heels yesterday. Looking like Bambi on ice. As an aside, seeing WAY too many dudes in Toms slipper shoes in public.

- Seeing Louisville football freshmen on campus there is NO DOUBT they are football players. There used to be that "I think he plays football?" question at times, but nearly all of these guys look like prospects from Day 1. A few walk-ons that may or may not stick, but the scholarship guys are bigger, taller and more physically built than I ever remember seeing before.

- Thanks to the kind Louisville fans who hosted us at the Kickoff Luncheon table today. Very nice of you.

- My show is on every Monday-Friday from 10 to Noon on 93.9 The Ville FM. The first three weeks have gone extremely well, and I thank all of you for listening and calling in. Keep that up. I want you to be part of the show on a regular basis.

- Not sure what to think on Markelle Fultz tonight. He LOVED his visit to Louisville, but I keep wondering if there are other factors. Washington may be a dark horse there.

- Rick Pitino is really pointing towards having a monster team in 2016-17. This year's team may be good, but that following year would be killer with Snider, Mitchell, Deng, VJ King, Fultz if he picks Louisville, Nanu, Jaylen, Spalding, Matz, Anas...

- The decision is supposed to be aired on ESPN tonight at 7 p.m. ESPN's official "final three" are Louisville, Arizona and Washington.

- That's why that 2016 schedule is LOADED with Kentucky, Indiana, BigTen foe from BigTen-ACC and then the trip to Atlantis against at least one other top 10 foe.

- Louisville would take Oden and Pass together if Oden decides he'd still like to be a Cardinal. Louisville will have Gardner, Bolin, Bonnafon and Jackson on campus when those guys arrive and even if both come in, there would still just be 6 QBs which is one over normal.

- The struggle to replace the several classes of offensive linemen that Charlie recruited that didn't quite work is real. The Louisville coaching staff spent a LOT of time working on that for the last year and it'll probably take another year for that to get fixed.

- Gorgui Dieng, y'all:

Reactions: Matt_Willinger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News