ADVERTISEMENT

Questionable calls???

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I was flipping channels and just ran into our game with WKU. I was at the game so I got a different perspective seeing the following on TV.

I’m still scratching my head why we didn’t get either running into the punter or roughing the punter when we punted with about 20 seconds left.

I also didn’t understand the personal foul that they called on our hit on that play either. Our guy seemed like he timed it perfectly and hit him cleanly?

I was flipping channels and just ran into our game with WKU. I was at the game so I got a different perspective seeing the following on TV.

I’m still scratching my head why we didn’t get either running into the punter or roughing the punter when we punted with about 20 seconds left.

I also didn’t understand the personal foul that they called on our hit on that play either. Our guy seemed like he timed it perfectly and hit him cleanly?
I didn’t understand the personal foul on the hit either. The receiver didn’t call for a fair catch and he caught the ball. At that point, he was fair game. Or at least I thought so.

I didn’t understand the personal foul on the hit either. The receiver didn’t call for a fair catch and he caught the ball. At that point, he was fair game. Or at least I thought so.

The personal foul on the punt return was simply a bad call. According to Petrino the official said our guy hit the returner before the ball got there. The video obviously disputes that as does the fact that the returner caught the ball.

Reactions: Cue Card
I believe college still has or brought back the halo rule.

Modified halo rule - within 1 foot of receiver or within shoulder width of either side of returner.

Last edited:
the NCAA Football Rules Committee eliminated the 2-yard ''halo'' rule on punt returns in 2003 I believe.

The new rule simply states that returners must be given an "unimpeded opportunity" to catch the punt.

Reactions: wilkie01
the NCAA Football Rules Committee eliminated the 2-yard ''halo'' rule on punt returns in 2003 I believe.

The new rule simply states that returners must be given an "unimpeded opportunity" to catch the punt.
Before the start of the 2012 season, a modified version of the halo rule was reinstated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT