ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
Who are we down to for our next coach?

Is it...

Mack
White
Smart

Watching this tourney there are probably more qualified guys that could get the job done here than we’re willing to admit. I mean, with our facilities, conference affiliation, and fan base it’s much easier to win here than at UMBC, Loyola of Chicago or Nevada.

I think it’s important for us to hire a guy to unite the fan base. I’d say the majority of our fans want Mack? True?

Watching Texas Tech, nobody ever mentions Chris Beard? He appears to be doing a great job there.

Jay Wright is another name that everyone has just kind of written off. I know Nova is a good job, but they can't offer what the Cards can. Great venue. Great fan support. Great pay. MUCH lower cost of living.

Why not Jay Wright?

Reactions: BPGhost
Jay Wright is another name that everyone has just kind of written off. I know Nova is a good job, but they can't offer what the Cards can. Great venue. Great fan support. Great pay. MUCH lower cost of living.

Why not Jay Wright?
Watched them earlier today. They are FUN to watch! Great style, tons of 3’s. I’d take him in a heartbeat!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Who are we down to for our next coach?

Is it...

Mack
White
Smart

Watching this tourney there are probably more qualified guys that could get the job done here than we’re willing to admit. I mean, with our facilities, conference affiliation, and fan base it’s much easier to win here than at UMBC, Loyola of Chicago or Nevada.

I think it’s important for us to hire a guy to unite the fan base. I’d say the majority of our fans want Mack? True?
IMO we have to make Jay Wright say no. Then Chris Mack. I am very open to Fred Hoiberg and Chris Beard.

Under normal circumstances it would be pretty easy to identify the top choices and the search wouldn't take long.

But the FBI and our current problems make this a crapshoot.

Watching Texas Tech, nobody ever mentions Chris Beard? He appears to be doing a great job there.
PG mentioned Chris beard a while ago. I like him as well. I say it’s Mack, a bunch of other big east coaches, and then Beard. Those are the most realistic options that are both proven coaches and in-their-prime type guys.

Didn’t Beard just sign a new contract? Not saying that would stop the deal, but it might

Didn’t Beard just sign a new contract? Not saying that would stop the deal, but it might

Beard did sign a extension but salary was just at 2 mill but less than 2.5 mill. Tonights win was excellent for them. I'm starting to warm up to him. His players love him. He has some magic.

Reactions: CardsFirst

Why not Jay Wright?
I agree with the sentiment but, I think that Wright likes Nova too much and, has way too much job security to make the move. Maybe before he won the title. He more than likely would use an offer from us to increase his pay from Nova. Plus I think it would take more to get him than Donovan - who IMO is a better coach.

I agree with the sentiment but, I think that Wright likes Nova too much and, has way too much job security to make the move. Maybe before he won the title. He more than likely would use an offer from us to increase his pay from Nova. Plus I think it would take more to get him than Donovan - who IMO is a better coach.
Love Donovan, but as it has been pointed out many times, he most likely has soured on all things UofL with how his mentor was treated as a senior citizen. We need to get someone not affiliated with Rick Pitino. We need a fresh clean start.

PG mentioned Chris beard a while ago. I like him as well. I say it’s Mack, a bunch of other big east coaches, and then Beard. Those are the most realistic options that are both proven coaches and in-their-prime type guys.
Beard is a former asst. for the Knights at TTU and got some major props from Frank Martin after all of the games were over.

Has Beard really accomplished enough to deserve consideration? I can't see it at this point. Also, I can't see Cronin. A good coach but no reason to think he would compete for national titles here. Jay Wright? I think he likes being in the Northeast and definitely loves his current position. He is not coming here.

If you get s chance
I wish people would just stop mentioning Smart. What is the fascination with him? It cannot be his coaching success.
i don’t want Shaka but his name is tied to the opening, even if he’s a distant 3rd to 5th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT