ADVERTISEMENT

Purple Lot

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Any word if Heird is going to fix the stupid parking situation in the purple lot? The first come, first serve throughout the entire lot is a failure and needs to be fixed.

Any word if Heird is going to fix the stupid parking situation in the purple lot? The first come, first serve throughout the entire lot is a failure and needs to be fixed.
I made quite a few comments about it when I completed the fan survey last month. You don’t mess with a huge part of the game day experience. Beyond stupid by Tyra, but he wanted to drive fans to The Alley, which I also negatively commented on in that survey. Heird needs to right a wrong.

There were issues that needed to be fixed - namely cars that came a little late couldn’t get across pedestrian traffic going into stadium. However some combination of first come, first serve and assigned spots could address this particular problem.

Reactions: Bardman
I made quite a few comments about it when I completed the fan survey last month. You don’t mess with a huge part of the game day experience. Beyond stupid by Tyra, but he wanted to drive fans to The Alley, which I also negatively commented on in that survey. Heird needs to right a wrong.
The Alley has/had nothing to do with the Purple Lot. Are you seriously saying that Tyra was trying to drive over 10,000 people from the Purple Lot into The Alley? 😂

First come first serve was perfect! Tailgate in peace! Did hear rumor that UL sold off c/d lots

First come first serve was perfect! Tailgate in peace! Did hear rumor that UL sold off c/d lots

Perfect?!? It has destroyed the tailgating community aspect, which tailgating is all about. It’s so f’ing stupid and has driven many longtime fans away. Only way to park by your tailgate group is to have everyone drive in at the same time. Just asinine.

Reactions: cocoa
On the other hand, you have a-holes that save or tailgate in 46 spaces not allowing anyone else to park there.
Some combo of the 2 maybe better. Or just maybe the police or some other authority could make the afore mentioned a-holes tighten up as it gets closer to game time.

On the other hand, you have a-holes that save or tailgate in 46 spaces not allowing anyone else to park there.
Some combo of the 2 maybe better. Or just maybe the police or some other authority could make the afore mentioned a-holes tighten up as it gets closer to game time.
Early bird gets the worm. Used to, anyway.

Assigned parking spots corrects the problem of people taking up a ton of spots. My preference would be that A lot is first come first serve and then B on back is reserved. Or that the west side of the lot is first come first serve and the east side is assigned.

Assigned parking spots corrects the problem of people taking up a ton of spots. My preference would be that A lot is first come first serve and then B on back is reserved. Or that the west side of the lot is first come first serve and the east side is assigned.
Perfect Idea. Tyra was too ignorant to listen to people who suggested this. Perhaps Heird is smarter? We shall see.

Perfect Idea. Tyra was too ignorant to listen to people who suggested this. Perhaps Heird is smarter? We shall see.
Well, Josh did hire KP. Can’t be that smart.

I’m kidding. Kind of.

I was told by the ticket office that that is exactly what they were going to do with A lot being first come first serve. He also told me there is a waiting list for purple parking passes too.

I was told by the ticket office that that is exactly what they were going to do with A lot being first come first serve. He also told me there is a waiting list for purple parking passes too.

I hope so. I haven’t heard anything. Hopefully they send out some communication because people will need to decide if they want first come, first serve or assigned

Tyra seemed to be ok with his family pocketing real estate commissions from relocated new hires. At least until news broke about it…
Yawn - what a huge nothing burger that story really was. Simply an opportunity for the Tyra haters to clutch their pearls.

If it wasn't much of a sandwich, why did he stop it?

The imposter was new in his job, and too many people were giving him a get-outta-jail-free card in 2018-19. $50 million later, a lot changed...

If it wasn't much of a sandwich, why did he stop it?

The imposter was new in his job, and too many people were giving him a get-outta-jail-free card in 2018-19. $50 million later, a lot changed...
That’s not a hard question at all. The fact that it was much ado about nothing (particularly financially) made it an easy decision to change - strictly from a PR standpoint. Much easier to eliminate a reason for people to bitch about - than it is to explain to them that they’re being little bitches.

FWIW - I don’t think that his tenure was a great one but, it’s not because he doesn’t love the university or, try his best. He got dealt twin shitty hands - one by Grissom and two, by being the guy that follows a legend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT