ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason hype

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I saw where preseason rankings came out for both women’s volleyball and basketball. In volleyball our preseason rank is 4th.
1.) Texas
2.) Wisconsin
3.) Stanford
4.) Louisville
5.) Nebraska
They are giving us a lot of respect which we have earned. Pittsburgh is ranked 7th so that will be a big matchup again this year.

In basketball we are preseason ranked 14th and Va Tech is picked to win the conference this year and they are ranked 7th. UConn is ranked 2nd so our matchup with them will be telling for us. LSU is #1 and surprisingly SouthCarolina is 8th, another surprise is Stanford is 14th. Everything I have seen I like our chances in the conference and on the national stage. By the way normally our biggest competition in the ACC UNCST is not ranked.

I saw where preseason rankings came out for both women’s volleyball and basketball. In volleyball our preseason rank is 4th.
1.) Texas
2.) Wisconsin
3.) Stanford
4.) Louisville
5.) Nebraska
They are giving us a lot of respect which we have earned. Pittsburgh is ranked 7th so that will be a big matchup again this year.

In basketball we are preseason ranked 14th and Va Tech is picked to win the conference this year and they are ranked 7th. UConn is ranked 2nd so our matchup with them will be telling for us. LSU is #1 and surprisingly SouthCarolina is 8th, another surprise is Stanford is 14th. Everything I have seen I like our chances in the conference and on the national stage. By the way normally our biggest competition in the ACC UNCST is not ranked.
How are we and Stanford both ranked 14? 😁

It looks like Va Tech, Florida State, the Irish. and UNC (perhaps in that order) are emerging as the big competitors now in basketball.

NIL and the Transfer Portal has already demonstrated the ability for schools like VT, FSU and UNC to emerge as powerful Women’s basketball programs, at the expense of UL and ND, both of which dominated for years by relying on the more traditional path of recruiting highly rated high school talent.

CJW just made a powerful statement this year, via his willingness to adjust to the future by pursuing the Transfer Portal. Ironically, this may have provided Jeff with the deepest, most experienced and overall talented rosters that he has ever had at UL.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I like the team CJW put together I think it is a better team than last years team. ND has the talent I don’t think they have a championship caliber coach.

Reactions: vivid_red
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT