ADVERTISEMENT

Practices open to the public

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
U of L:

Four University of Louisville football practice dates will be open to the public, head coach Bobby Petrino announced on Saturday.

The first day for the community to attend practice will be Friday (Aug. 5) at 8:50 a.m. and 4:20 p.m. followed by a 3 p.m. workout on Saturday (Aug. 6).

The final two open practices for the fall will be Aug. 9 at 3:50 p.m. and Aug. 16 at 9 a.m. All times are subject to change.

The Cardinals officially begin preparation for the Sept. 1 season opener versus Charlotte when practice begins on Wednesday morning.

Kinda bizarre have that 8/16 practice open. Must be a story in there somewhere...

For whatever reason (weather?), today's open practice has been moved up to 3:20.

Can anyone confirm that the 8/16 open practice is still at 9 AM?

And has anyone heard why this particular practice--a week after open practices have been closed--is open? Kinda resembles an island, and I don't recall Petrino doing anything like this in the past...

Can anyone confirm that the 8/16 open practice is still at 9 AM?

And has anyone heard why this particular practice--a week after open practices have been closed--is open? Kinda resembles an island, and I don't recall Petrino doing anything like this in the past...
I would say it has something to do with their weekly schedule. Maybe Tuesdays are not a major teaching day so they are comfortable with outsiders seeing what's going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT