ADVERTISEMENT

Point spread holding steady.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
The line opened Louisville +28 1/2 back in May. 5Dimes had it at Bama -30 in January. I saw it as low as Bama -23 a few weeks ago. I guess the experts and prognosticators have influenced the gambling community with their not so optimistic season previews of the Cards.

Westgate +24.5
Caesar's +25.5
William Hill +25.5
Wynn +25.5
CG Technology +24.5
Unibet +25.5

That’s what it takes to get a Louisville bet. So be it. There will be a lot of happy gamblers who bet in the cards. That kind of spread between P5 schools is ridiculous.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Alabama has a history of crushing good programs in week one. Cards have struggled recently with physical teams.

It's a great opportunity for Louisville.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Just%20Win%20Baby%20patch%20EE3078.JPG

The line opened Louisville +28 1/2 back in May. 5Dimes had it at Bama -30 in January. I saw it as low as Bama -23 a few weeks ago. I guess the experts and prognosticators have influenced the gambling community with their not so optimistic season previews of the Cards.

Westgate +24.5
Caesar's +25.5
William Hill +25.5
Wynn +25.5
CG Technology +24.5
Unibet +25.5

I don't gamble (I don't enjoy giving money away), but if I did, I'd put my money on Louisville. That's just a ton of points to give. Let's assume for argument that all of Louisville's questions are answered negatively and Bama dominates; I don't expect Saban to do much more than 3 years and a cloud of dust type of football. There isn't much film on Tua and I don't know why he would want to offer that up early on in a blow-out.

Reactions: Speed78
I don't gamble (I don't enjoy giving money away), but if I did, I'd put my money on Louisville. That's just a ton of points to give. Let's assume for argument that all of Louisville's questions are answered negatively and Bama dominates; I don't expect Saban to do much more than 3 years and a cloud of dust type of football. There isn't much film on Tua and I don't know why he would want to offer that up early on in a blow-out.

Obviously, we all want a Cards win. But let's say things don't go our way on the scoreboard. I can see Bama opening up a nice lead, then UofL chips away at it. I don't recall the source, but they had some mathematical assessment of the game. Their outcome was Bama 44 UofL 29.

Like some others, I don’t bet, but I’d think taking the Cards and the points would be a no brainer.

Early season betting lines are often pretty close to early "mathematician's lines". For what little it is worth Steele makes 'Bama a 26 point fav but ESPN and Connolly makes them "only" a 18 point fav.

IIRC, this one opened at UofL +28. Not the least bit unusual to see 3 points drop off a high pre-season number so the current 25-ish number is not surprising. I can see that 25 dropping a point or 2 but have a hard time seeing it fall under 21. All JMO

Peace

Reactions: Guardman and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT