ADVERTISEMENT

Plummer's deep ball. I knew I've seen his throwing motion before.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
giphy.gif

He doesn't do his hop, skip, and a jump every deep throw, but he does do it from time to time. It's like he tries to guide his ball instead of throwing it with confidence. I know the kid is playing hard. Brohm believes in him, and that's good enough for me. But, as Louisville fans, we know QB's. We know good QB's. He is average at best, I'm sorry to say.

Yep, he's avg. Was probably just more ready to go than more talented players behind him on the depth chart. Just guessing on that. If the other guys arent more talented we'll hit the portal for the starter next year. Might hit the portal for the starter next year either way.

Plummer is a average old school QB. He's simply not mobile enough, isn't a running threat and isn't clever finding receivers.

Brohm has still not had the kind of QB that would excel in his system. Jordan Travis would have been perfect.

Yep, he's avg. Was probably just more ready to go than more talented players behind him on the depth chart. Just guessing on that. If the other guys arent more talented we'll hit the portal for the starter next year. Might hit the portal for the starter next year either way.
Look Plummer was 6-0 or at least U of L was. You don't pull a winning QB until... We got a bye week. Believe me Jeff will be challenging Plummer hard and if so be it, next man up. There wasn't a reason to panic before (we just beat ND) but the QB seat just got hot!!! I look for some adjustments, maybe more playing time for the backup (whoever that is at this point). Brohm strikes me as a guy who afraids of hurting feelings... He's done it before, to this same guy and I don't hesitate to think that he would do it again if he felt it would be better for the team. That's the difference between Jeff and that other guy...

I think he's a better distributor than Malik, that's what we need for the skill players we have. His judgment and vision are above average, throws a very catchable deep ball. Best we've got, no doubt.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Nine QBs on the team with a staff that has a well deserved reputation for developing QBs and we’re struggling at the position. I think we expected more from Plummer and I, for one, am a bit surprised that we don’t have anyone, that I’m aware of, pushing him for the head spot. Accuracy is a bit of an issue. Getting the ball out quickly is a bit of an issue. Throwing the ball away when needed is a bit of an issue.

I think Plummer has been adequate, just not a real threat to carve up defenses or make something out of nothing. I just have to believe that we have someone else in that large QB room who should be champing at the bit to push Plummer off the hill.

Look Plummer was 6-0 or at least U of L was. You don't pull a winning QB until... We got a bye week. Believe me Jeff will be challenging Plummer hard and if so be it, next man up. There wasn't a reason to panic before (we just beat ND) but the QB seat just got hot!!! I look for some adjustments, maybe more playing time for the backup (whoever that is at this point). Brohm strikes me as a guy who afraids of hurting feelings... He's done it before, to this same guy and I don't hesitate to think that he would do it again if he felt it would be better for the team. That's the difference between Jeff and that other guy...
Plummer is great at home. He’s less than consistent on the road.

I think he's a better distributor than Malik, that's what we need for the skill players we have. His judgment and vision are above average, throws a very catchable deep ball. Best we've got, no doubt.
I have to call foul on judgement. Dude holds the ball to long has no internal clock and because of that takes sacks, which leads to fumbles. Being a better distributor than MC doesn’t take much.
Plummer is a much better player at home verses on the road.
I think someone posted he 12 TD 8 turnovers not great

Nine QBs on the team with a staff that has a well deserved reputation for developing QBs and we’re struggling at the position. I think we expected more from Plummer and I, for one, am a bit surprised that we don’t have anyone, that I’m aware of, pushing him for the head spot. Accuracy is a bit of an issue. Getting the ball out quickly is a bit of an issue. Throwing the ball away when needed is a bit of an issue.

I think Plummer has been adequate, just not a real threat to carve up defenses or make something out of nothing. I just have to believe that we have someone else in that large QB room who should be champing at the bit to push Plummer off the hill.
Domann did a real nice job in the Bowl I’m shocked we haven’t seen him at all. I think he was in once.

I really think we were spoiled.

Brohm
Ragone
Redman
LeFors
Brohm
Bridgewater
Lamar
Malik

I mean we’ve gotten high level QB play for so long that we truly don’t realize how many programs don’t get that level of play that often. They might get 1 that good every decade unless they’re some elite program.

Jeff will get it right, but we need to just understand it doesn’t come that easy. Most of the time you get a Plummer rather than a Chris Redman.

I really think we were spoiled.

Brohm
Ragone
Redman
LeFors
Brohm
Bridgewater
Lamar
Malik

I mean we’ve gotten high level QB play for so long that we truly don’t realize how many programs don’t get that level of play that often. They might get 1 that good every decade unless they’re some elite program.

Jeff will get it right, but we need to just understand it doesn’t come that easy. Most of the time you get a Plummer rather than a Chris Redman.
Don’t forget about A.Froman the “sausage king of Chicago”
Suspicious Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Tenncard
🙄 What ?

Those two things are probably his biggest weakness..
No...footwork is his biggest weakness, dealing with pressure is another. But reading the D and seeing openings is above average. Arm talent is his strength, when he gets the timing right with is lower body (which is why the OP of the video is hilariously accurate), he throws an outstanding ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT