ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

I don’t want Memphis anywhere near a conference we are in. I don’t think some of these schools are thinking ahead. With the expansion of the playoffs going to 12 teams starting next year there will be plenty of room for Clemson and FSU to make a run if they are good enough. If they leave they will disappear into the landscape.

Michigan was the best team once Georgia got beat in a meaningless Championship game. Which is only played for $$$. With the playoff conference championship games become even more meaningless other than for seeding.

FSU and Clemson if they focus on themselves they will dominate the ACC. They have a good coaches and they will out recruit almost everyone in the conference. They will out talent 90% of the league on a regular basis. The money will come if they are patient especially with the playoff. UNC whatever they will never be great at football they aren’t committed to being excellent in football.

NIL and transfers do spread talent out if handled properly teams like Louisville can get ahead of the curve. It is not how much you spend it is how you spend your dollars. There are guys all over the place that can play. Brohm has done a really good job of seeing holes in the roster and addressing it.

Yeah, I was wrong on this one. Penix didn't rise to the level I thought he was already at. He missed several big throws, a couple which would have been TD's.

Washington did a good job adjusting their defense after Michigan started off running the ball at well, but Penix was just consistently off with his passing.

Looks to me Michigan was just destined to win this season. In my opinion they're one of the most underwhelming champions during the playoff era.

Reactions: earsky
Yeah, I was wrong on this one. Penix didn't rise to the level I thought he was already at. He missed several big throws, a couple which would have been TD's.

Washington did a good job adjusting their defense after Michigan started off running the ball at well, but Penix was just consistently off with his passing.

Looks to me Michigan was just destined to win this season. In my opinion they're one of the most underwhelming champions during the playoff era.
15-0. Gotta hand it to them. But they are still mythical national champions until there is a system without opinions deciding the playoff participants.

I’ll tell you what I learned first with Kansas winning the title in basketball and last night with Michigan winning it in football or rather, the point that was driven home even more by those two events…

Cheating pays.

Unless of course you lose your nerve like UofL did or, your name is either UNLV or Cleveland St.

Never should have fired Pitino in the first place but the minute the investigation was over - UofL should’ve rehired him and Jurich on the spot and rehung the banner.

The Pitino / Jurich ship has sailed but they still need to put the banner back up. It may be the only thing that allows them to crack the 10K attendance number the rest of the season.

Penix did not perform as well as I anticipated, but in his defense, he was hammered by Michigan's D. He never had time to set his feet and get into a rhythm. The physical beating took a toll. He is much better than he showed last night.

Michigan's DL and OL were much better than I thought. Elite line play more than made up for lack of stellar skill position talent. Old fashioned blood n guts FB won out over a very talented Washington offense. I can see where others may see this as underwhelming. I sat there as a kid while the Packers won all of those championships while the teams who had major offensive stars didn't.

Michigan FB is mostly ugly, but I have remained a fan since Bo came to town. Except for RichRod's tenure. Last night was more a feeling of getting the monkey off their back at last. I got more pure joy from the win over Bama.

Now for the one that The Pipe promised us years ago. GO CARDS!

Reactions: rh62531
There are four still photos of Michigan holding the jerseys of Washington players. I saw two of them during the game and these are blatant holding, stretching the jerseys. How did the refs not see them?

Penix missed three receivers, two that would have been TD's and he wasn't being hit during the throws. He was off most of the game. He just succumbed to the mental pressure as well as the physical.

Michigan is 15 and 0 but only three wins against teams that will finish ranked. Their schedule was the worst of any championship team during the playoff era. Have to give it to them though. They found ways to win with a QB who wouldn't have started over the three other teams in the playoff. They won despite not having any real star receivers. They had a great RB, strong OL and a great defense. Most years that would not be good enough, but it was this year.

There are four still photos of Michigan holding the jerseys of Washington players. I saw two of them during the game and these are blatant holding, stretching the jerseys. How did the refs not see them?
Lmao,it was an ACC crew so we already know how they were missed. I didn't see all but I saw the one I needed to see,blatant as hell as the ref is staring right at it.

Might not have mattered but dang sure might have made that game a little more interesting 🤔

Lmao,it was an ACC crew so we already know how they were missed. I didn't see all but I saw the one I needed to see,blatant as hell as the ref is staring right at it.

Might not have mattered but dang sure might have made that game a little more interesting 🤔
There’s holding on every play, imo

Reactions: Mayoman
Yeah, but not like this. The Michigan players had a handful of jersey and was pulling on it. We have all looked for holding on replays when a flag is dropped and half the time it's like well you can call that every play. However, these were blatant and right out in the open.

The announcers mentioned only one of them and the other three I didn't know happened because there was no coverage of it. It was after the game when I saw the photos that I saw how many times a Michigan player was grabbing jerseys and holding.

If you haven't already, look these photos up. You would be furious if this happened to Louisville.

I agree that there is holding on every play the ref could use it to one teams advantage. The problem is there is no consequences for bad refereeing so it goes on.

The one I saw was so compelling because of the TV replay showing that backfield judge staring right at the takedown. I don't disagree there's probably some type of holding going on most of the time. My point was you can damn well bet if our guys were doing any of it,yellow hankies are/were flying by any ACC crew.

The one I saw was so compelling because of the TV replay showing that backfield judge staring right at the takedown. I don't disagree there's probably some type of holding going on most of the time. My point was you can damn well bet if our guys were doing any of it,yellow hankies are/were flying by any ACC crew.
All you have to do is review our game against SuCk. They had zero penalties, they hold on the return was as obvious as it gets and no call. How does a team go from one of the most penalized to zero….fixed

Michigan had a better team Monday night. I don't know about 21 points better but better. The Huskies looked to have the deer in the headlights thing going on early,but I thought after they started putting everyone in the box to stop the run,Michigan almost let them back in by not going over the top.

Oh well,on to next season and the new excitement that a 12 team playoff will bring. Here's to the Cards crashing the party of a lifetime.
Btw, when the announcers said it was an ACC crew I nearly fell on the floor laughing.
The irony in so many ways...

I did the same thing, when it was announced ACC referees.
Said, they'll miss holding and the hits out of bounds, guaranteed.

Reactions: earsky
In NCAA football, you just never see a new program to the scene win a title really ever. The most random “new” program to win one would’ve been LSU in 2004, but now they’re a powerhouse.

Washington got there and it was a big stage. The difference in a program like Michigan is that you’re in the spotlight all the time. 100k fans. Constant media coverage. The Ohio State Michigan game. They seemed to be a little more ready for the moment. Sometimes that’s what gives a bigger program an edge in a game like that.

Harbaugh and Michigan were coming off 2 straight playoff appearances. Harbaugh also coached in a Super Bowl. Way higher expectations and pressure at Michigan. Washington was a fun story all year and they rose quick. A young coach making his name. But the lights were a little bright in the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT