ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs

I think almost exactly like you do, earsky. mich in a squeaker and Washington in a shootout over Texas.

Reactions: earsky
Thought TTUN was in trouble after that lost fumble and Bama TD, but that was a great answering TD drive.

Great win for Michigan! Actually for anyone but the SEC and the arrogant group of BOO BOO wimps on the CFP committee. it is such an old boy show it is embarrassing to be a fan. The committee was so set on putting Bama in the mix they cut their nose off by keeping Georgia out and completely screwing FSU.

Great win for Michigan! Actually for anyone but the SEC and the arrogant group of BOO BOO wimps on the CFP committee. it is such an old boy show it is embarrassing to be a fan. The committee was so set on putting Bama in the mix they cut their nose off by keeping Georgia out and completely screwing FSU.

Understand that sentiment, Sawyer, but for me it comes down to there being six very worthy teams this year. It was always going to be very hard to not include the SEC champions, considering how dominant that conference has been since they went to a two team playoff back in 1998.

The four team playoff with 5 major conferences was always a dumb idea, and this year just proved how dumb.

I am glad Alabama lost and I hope Washington can finish off Texas. That way we won’t have to listen about all the SEC crap. But it sure gives the B1G bragging rights.

Reactions: Cardsfan62
I can’t believe the Washington player went down and stopped the clock. I would have asked my teammates to help me up and get off the field.

Talk about stupid football IQ on both teams the Washington players making stupid injury timeout and then the player hitting the player receiving the punt. Then the Texas receivers and Quarterback couldn’t get on the same page running their routs. I’m taking Michigan as the Champion.

To me it never has been about conference it is strictly how good are teams.

Big Ten wasn’t good that doesn’t mean Michigan and Ohio State weren’t good. Same with the ACC it doesn’t mean Clemson in the past or FSU were bad.

Alabama and now Georgia are dominating the SEC. They are good. That is all that matters.

The Pac 12 was great this year. Washington is elite.

I agree and that is what has made this playoff more interesting and fun to watch. We have teams from across the country from 4 different conferences, unfortunately ESPN has ruined all that.

Washington is a great example of playing in a lesser conference but attracting elite guys.

The SEC is going to be a blood bath. Scheduling is going to be interesting to watch. It will be the only way to zero or one loss. Someone will get clipped once or twice. There is enough talent to make 75 percent of those teams problem any given week.

I don’t know if the Big Ten will be as competitive but it got a lot harder with the 4 they added.

FSU is nuts thinking money fixes their problems.

E$PN is scrambling to get new non-SEC material to air the next week. Reece Davis has no one to be condescending to. We’ll still hear “the SEC is the best conference” from tne talking heads no doubt.

Washington will beat Michigan because the Wolverines won't be able to keep up offensively. Penix is so hard to sack and he has multiple elite receivers.

Washington 34
Michigan 19

Washington will beat Michigan because the Wolverines won't be able to keep up offensively. Penix is so hard to sack and he has multiple elite receivers.

Washington 34
Michigan 19
I kind of agree but my take is less analytical. I saw the reaction of the Michigan players to their victory as one of unrestrained jubilation. Washington players were excited to be sure, but they acted like this wasn’t the ultimate prize. Michigan did. I wonder about their prep vs Washington’s prep this week.

I kind of agree but my take is less analytical. I saw the reaction of the Michigan players to their victory as one of unrestrained jubilation. Washington players were excited to be sure, but they acted like this wasn’t the ultimate prize. Michigan did. I wonder about their prep vs Washington’s prep this week.
Along these lines,I'm not sure how Michigan overcame all the mistakes they made,what looked like deer in the headlights type mistakes. They'll have to get past that approach for sure if they're gonna pull it off. They did not play loose offensively and special teams except for that last drive. They'll need more of that.

Last edited:
I like Michigan but it should be a hell of a game. Michigan is old school football basically bully ball. Extremely disciplined. Washington is going to have it hands full stopping their running game. They will try to shorten the number of possessions Washington has and get enough stops defensively. If Michigan forces long drives they probably win. This Washington team is very similar to last years Ohio State team. They know how to defend that kind of offense. Weather won’t be an issue so that plays into Washington offense.

Washington is really good and schedule wise have been tested.

Along these lines,I'm not sure how Michigan overcame all the mistakes they made,what looked like deer in the headlights type mistakes. They'll have to get past that approach for sure if they're gonna pull it off. They did not play loose offensively and special teams except for that last drive. They'll need more of that.
I am not sure either. Mistakes at the most crucial times and fluke plays by opponents are part and parcel of Michigan FB. I just sat there and said to myself, "Here we go again." Somehow, they persevered.

Bo is smiling. For the moment.

I think I am guilty here of not checking before passing this statement on as fact.

The true story is that back in 2022, the ACC, Big Ten, and PAC-12 voted against expanding the playoffs beginning with the 2024 season. The primary issues at that time were existing TV contracts and the playing date of the Rose Bowl.

Per this article at si.com, a 12 team playoff after 2023 was not an option.

Of course, as we know the issues were eventually resolved and the 12 team playoff was approved for 2024.

My apologies for passing on incorrect information!

Wolverines strike first and they looked efficient.
Washington will have to answer to quell the early momentum.
7-0 Michigan

I was for Washington but after watching the Texas game I thought that Washington lacked football IQ. I think this be a title game for Michigan.

Yeah kinda thinking the same. Washington will have to convert touchdowns in the red zone to keep Michigan from gaining confidence or else..

The only takeaway for me right now is witnessing the meteoric changes taking place in college football, all of which began with the advent of NIL and the Transfer Portal.

It is no coincidence to see Clemson, FSU, Miami and UNC; all of which have expressed interest in leaving the ACC, each one having underperformed given their respective preseason expectation. Some could argue that FSU was the exception, but I believe the narrow victories over BC, Clemson, Miami and UL this season foretold of the subsequent beatdown by UGA. Teams aspiring to join the SEC or BIG should be able to overcome injuries, and have players willing to finish the season the way the “big boy schools“ show up in the Bowl season; something FSU failed to exhibit.

Watch UL, BC, GT and Syracuse begin to emerge as challengers for the ACC Championship. If the ACC ultimately loses some or all of those who have hinted about leaving; I expect to see UCF, WVU, Memphis and Tulane to become candidates for replacement.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT