ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza Bowl

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Started today. Really been impressed with team speed,defense and attitude.

Neighbors has made several gems at second. Hot looks to have an edge at 3rd while Alicea looks like a better version of himself-he's locking down that ss position...so far.

Black takes game #1 5-4 in a pretty evenly matched contest after falling behind 2-0.
Red team rallies for 1 in the 9th before the Black team turns 2 to thwart the comeback.
Pretty good game all around.

Got to the game 2nd inning yesterday,already 2-0 and I'm thinking what did I miss?
You only get one guess...Tague Davis already launched a bomb. They pretty much pitched around him the rest of the game 😅

Red team takes game two 2-1 in 10 innings.
Forbes vs Detmers in a classic pitching duel with some outstanding pitching from both and at least a half dozen defensive gems on hard hit balls.
Forbes has his sights set on having a great season,hitting spots at up to 98 mph. Detmers making a run at cracking the weekend rotation,as he is super competitive.

Some serious baseball over there today folks.

Reactions: AnotherCFD
There's a real battle raging in the outfield with no less than 6 guys going at it for 3 spots.
Let's start with Zion Rose. What's there to say about this young man...he's a baller,with last season being no fluke. From there, obviously King has the edge,being in the system for his 4th year,he has been playing right field exclusively.

Lippe is one of the better defensive outfielders I've seen for 1+ seasons and he may be on the outside looking in as Lucas Moore and transfer Garret Pike are battling King for opening day honors. When I first saw Pike,I couldn't believe he hit 20 homers last season at Toledo. He's not as big as King,Rose or Lippe. Then I saw the swing...wow! He broke the 0-0 tie today with a 400 foot bomb.

We could see one of these 5 dhing on any given day. Freshman Griffin Crain will be a player of the future out there. He's been very impressive in CF.

I think I saw Cutts pitch yesterday in relief,but they aren't handing out roster sheets or doing any introduction on the scoreboard,so I am having to do my own work with hooking up faces to names of these new guys. It's particularly difficult with pitchers since they're not on the field all the time. Tbs, getting back to Forbes...there is a reason he's no longer looking at being a two way player and that's because he showed it on the mound yesterday. Six innings and still throwing in the mid to upper 90s with location 😳 🤔 👀. It was very impressive to see up close,as I'm sure it was for the 8-10 scouts on hand.

Detmers also looked great,relying on that off speed stuff,which he routinely threw for strikes,complimenting his fastball which is low to mid 90s.

Neighbors(transfer from Cal North) is an old school no nonsense 2nd baseman,oozing with enthusiasm who's chatter is heard above all others. If you're not hearing his constant voice of encouragement for the pitchers,you're watching him make plays at 2nd that tell you he's one of the better defensive players over at that position in a minute.
Tague Davis (yeah that guy again) put on a display at 1st base yesterday,with his 6ft 3 body making several impressive stretches and digs. He's not just a hr hitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT