ADVERTISEMENT

Pinto's lawyer

Law007

5000+
May 29, 2001
Why did Pinto's lawyer not mention the fact that the NCAA conclusion was based entirely on their investigation, completely disregarding the legal determination by the District Attorney and a Grand Jury there was insufficient evidence to even indict any of the parties who might committed these acts? The NCAA assumed these acts were committed based on their investigation giving little credence to any rebuttal evidence Louisville presented in their response

Where actions even arose to a violation of the law and a breaking of their regulations?

I believe Louisville has essentially conceded on the "findings," in large part based on interviews with recruits/players that admitted to what happened, so that ship has sailed. The grand jury process was something different entirely, but I understand the frustration. The true battle now is with the penalties levied by the NCAA.

Wait for it... If this ends up in court, just about everything gets reset. U of L will argue that it simply accepted responsibility without proof as part of a negotiated outcome. If those terms weren't acceptable, there is no admission of anything. And we already know the "proof" in this case wouldn't meet the highest legal standard.

U of L should have never tried to take this girl to the dance...

The players are student athletes of a college institution and agree to participate under the bylaws of the governing institution, the NCAA. You abide by those rules in order to participate. You are not entitled to anything else but an education and an opportunity to play sports.

This thing is over. Time to move on, we are solid in the ACC, cheer the baseball team, and their football and bball teams are loaded. I do look forward to seeing Pitino leave.

Well thanks for your "support". Why don't you go on back to your uahkay sewers and nobody gives a big rat's ass what you think of Coach Rick Pitino.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Graves51 and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT