ADVERTISEMENT

Pierce Clarkson needs some series

LeFors4Ever

4000+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Look I'm not saying start him and give up. No. Not at all. Beating Clemson and Kentucky are still huge things. A good bowl game on New Year's Day can still happen to put us in a position to be ranked at the end. But the season for 2024 is over in terms of our goals in this new era.

In the portal era, we've chosen a year by year rebuild instead of building through the high school ranks. You may have heard of us doing this strategy. But for 2025, we need to know who our QB is and see what we have.

I don't think PC is going to wait another season as a 2nd string. Tyler Shough is going to be gone. We're losing our whole defense and most of the offense too I bet. A QB is the most expensive piece of the portal, so we need to know now if we're going after a new starter or if PC is going to at least be a favorite to get the job. If we have to go get a new QB, and a good one at that, then it will limit what we can spend elsewhere.

Pierce hasn't seen any meaningful snaps. We still don't know if he can even clearly beat out Harrison Bailey. We have Brady Allen and Duece Adams too and haven't heard much about them. I think for 2025 we need to know if Pierce Clarkson has the look of a P4 QB. Now some QBs develop over time and I get that, but I think we were hoping that he'd be the guy next season and maybe at least get a decent veteran QB to challenge him for the job.

PC being the guy next year would be best for all parties if it works out, because he's learned the playbook. We wouldn't have to go spend on an elite QB. We could come into the season with a QB that knows Brohm's playbook and a deep running back room to build from. Then we could go out and get the wideouts and line to protect him and start to build.

I am not saying give up, but we have a bye week before Stanford and Pitt. I would really like to see him get some packages installed so we can at least get him on the field. Brohm knows way more than I do about QBs, so Im not the expert. But I think the fans and even some of the guys he helped bring here with him may want to see that he has a path and a chance to start. If not, we at least can know that we have to go get a QB to start and he can either wait again or go elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.