ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino deserves a low grade today...

I don't have any assertions in regards to what his plan was @ the QB position. It's hard to say since he was so quiet on it leading up to kick. Nobody on this board projected the QB rotation to be anything like what we actually saw on game day, that's about all I know.

As many have pointed out, looks like we are all set @ QB now.

All I know is the gimmick play blew up in our face, we were in the hole throughout and that play call, and lack of execution of it was a big reason why, and BP used a T.O. in the 4th Q that killed our chances to get the ball back.

Those moves are on him.

When a game is decided by 7 pts it's fair to look at play calling, and certainly the use of time-outs if that comes into play.

I don't have any assertions in regards to what his plan was @ the QB position. It's hard to say since he was so quiet on it leading up to kick. Nobody on this board projected the QB rotation to be anything like what we actually saw on game day, that's about all I know.

As many have pointed out, looks like we are all set @ QB now.

All I know is the gimmick play blew up in our face, we were in the hole throughout and that play call, and lack of execution of it was a big reason why, and BP used a T.O. in the 4th Q that killed our chances to get the ball back.

Those moves are on him.

When a game is decided by 7 pts it's fair to look at play calling, and certainly the use of time-outs if that comes into play.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very true. I chalk it up to 'no guts, no glory' type of play. Had it worked.....we would all be calling it a genius play call. Since it didn't and the interception happened.....it was most unfortunate for the Cards and was a huge momentum killer..

As far as the T.O. situation.....it really didn't determine the winner of this game. Blocking or lack thereof.....and the inability of the Card defense to stop the run were much more influential to the outcome of this game. AU was the better team in those 2 aspects and won the game due to those factors.

Give the Cards 4-5 more minutes in this game....and well AU was on their heels and had no answer to Jackson's speed and scrambling ability. I would have liked Cards chances to pull out the game.

On to the Cougars and retribution for the team. Eleven more games at least to prove their mettle. Go Cards!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT