ADVERTISEMENT

Petrino comments

IMHO, Jurich gave Petrino full reign. Win games, don’t let the players f**k up, hire your kin. The minute Jurich is gone, Tyra makes Petrino accountable for his program. Petrino tanks, gets fired, gets a fat check. Petrino has always been an ass. We just didn’t care as long as we won, especially with LJ. Losing and being an ass is a whole different animal.

"Thin skin has no place on an internet message board"
I'm not sure why you're trying to mischaracterize me as having thin skin. That quite honestly is a gross mischaracterization, and most will attest to that. Ask the mods how many complaints they get from me for personal attacks...

IMHO, Jurich gave Petrino full reign. Win games, don’t let the players f**k up, hire your kin. The minute Jurich is gone, Tyra makes Petrino accountable for his program. Petrino tanks, gets fired, gets a fat check. Petrino has always been an ass. We just didn’t care as long as we won, especially with LJ. Losing and being an ass is a whole different animal.
I’ve always thought that it would be interesting to have seen how TJ would have handled Bobby, assuming the result was the same. I don’t think it would have been materially different, except maybe the payout would have been smaller thanks to Jurich’s magical relationship with CBP, which would have caused Bobby to walk away from millions out of sheer respect and gratitude. At least that’s what we are told.

I’ve always thought that it would be interesting to have seen how TJ would have handled Bobby, assuming the result was the same. I don’t think it would have been materially different, except maybe the payout would have been smaller thanks to Jurich’s magical relationship with CBP, which would have caused Bobby to walk away from millions out of sheer respect and gratitude. At least that’s what we are told.
You were told the effort would have been made to reduce Petrino's buyout, in large part because that's what happens with most megamillion dollar buyouts in this situation. "Vince" decided he didn't need to go down that road...

BP prolly doesn't mail it in if TJ was still around, and there would have been no need to think about any buy out.
You'll get pushback, but that's a pretty fair prediction.

ADs are also consistently supportive of their own hires. Successful or not, you'd have seen Jurich working double-time to salvage Petrino...

You'll get pushback, but that's a pretty fair prediction.

ADs are also consistently supportive of their own hires. Successful or not, you'd have seen Jurich working double-time to salvage Petrino...

It's probably a pretty common process, when an AD exits, HCs maybe aren't too far behind. In all seriousness, would be interesting to see the AD change/HC outcome for D1 programs the last 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT