ADVERTISEMENT

Our uk A.D. tyra calling out the fans

Look at the only person who 'Like' OP's post.....go figure.......might as well make another thread admitting his allegiance to a man over the University

Did anyone actually read what he said. Everything he said is true. Attendance absolutely effects recruiting and if our fans stop attending it can effect who we end up with. That’s what Vince’s point was. Heck half us said that on here.

And to the nit wit OP Vince has already stated money wouldn’t be an issue if the move is needed. Vince regardless of what some say is UofL thru and thru. There is no doubt about that.

Right! LOL! What's Tyra supposed to say? "HEY CARDS FANS, IF YOU WANT ME TO FARRR THAT SONOFABITCH, DON'T COME TO GAMES! THAT'LL LERN 'EM! WE DON'T NEED THAT TICKET REVENUE ANY DAMN WAY."

If you don’t think it matters then you’re very naive. Players more than once have said that atmosphere matters. One of our players just sent out a text last Saturday complaining about the lack of attendance. If it doesn’t matter why would he complain. Also CCS and JLS both mentioned it. I guess they were just making it up.

So if it doesn’t matter why do we even bother having a stadium? Just ridiculous.

The point was to keep our fans engaged so we don’t lose out on recruits. Nothing more nothing less. Not a TJ issue or Vince issue. It’s a fan issue and always has been here.

We are building a dedicated fan base it’s somewhere around 35,000 to 40,000 fans that show up no matter the conditions and win loss record. Beyond that we have a bunch of fair weather fans and party fans. That’s the way it is for now. But growing a fan base takes time.
I mean no disrespect to the University of Louisville fan base because what you have built is commendable. Some of the decisions by people in charge have been questionable at best. We have no money but we expand the stadium...The city needs the arena to make money to pay off the debt but the university agrees to a contract where they can't make money... Academics get put on probation...I'm not going trough the rest of it. We as a sate need UL to be strong to help this state move forward. Quit punching yourself in the face. I don't mean this as a jab at UL but to point out some of the hypocrisy has gone for the last few years. I will be interested in your comments.

Anytime someone starts out I mean no disrespect well that’s what they mean is no respect. I normally don’t respond to knucklehead SuCk fans because I’ve never understood why their so interested in other fan bases. Why do they show up at UofL events wearing SuCk gear when we’re not playing you. Something just not normal.

So first let’s get the truth out.

1) The YUM center. UofL didn’t want to build the our our arena downtown. Ramsey, TJ, and the others wanted an on campus arena. But a number of SuCk graduates led by Jim Host pushed for a downtown arena. They got what they wanted, but Jurich was smarter and did a better job of negotiating the contract in favor of UofL because that was his job. So he and the administration did nothing wrong. If you have heart burn with that then blame host and the politicians. And the reason Host pushed, well read Crawford’s article about why Jurich was really fired, it had to do with bringing the NBA to town, which is why Host and all of his SuCk buddies wanted the YUM Center. They knew the only way to get the YUM Center was to use UofL.

2) The probation issue. Well blame our idiot Governor for that. When he replaced our entire BOT, which was illegal and also a violation of the accreditation. That’s what triggered the probation. It had nothing to do with the administration.

3) Ramsey and TJ did exactly what they had to do in this backward state in order to advance UofL. Now was every decision correct no. Did Ramsey get power hungry at end yes, but he advanced UofL light years academically in the time he was here. It went from a commuter school to a university drawing students from all over the country and world with very diverse backgrounds. And Jurich did the same with Athletics. And truth be told he should still be at UofL, but once again politics interfered. And before you comment on Vince I do in fact support Vince, the BOT nope, at least several who are SuCk graduates, which is a totally different subject. Your university only has one UofL grad and it doesn’t count because he graduated from our Law School, but did his undergrad work at UK. The ones on our BOT never attended a class at UofL. That is complete BS, but that’s what you come to expect in backward KY.

So here’s the deal we UofL alumni and fans need nothing from SuCk fans. We don’t need your opinion, we don’t need your patronizing comments, and we don’t need you coming to our board. I don’t care whether you win or lose except when we’re playing you. I don’t have the interest in UK that you obviously have with us. But I guess I understand that other university fans don’t need my opinion about their school.

Last edited:
Anytime someone starts out I mean no disrespect well that’s what they mean is no respect. I normally don’t respond to knucklehead SuCk fans because I’ve never understood why their so interested in other fan bases. Why do they show up at UofL events wearing SuCk gear when we’re not playing you. Something just not normal.

So first let’s get the truth out.

1) The YUM center. UofL didn’t want to build the our our arena downtown. Ramsey, TJ, and the others wanted an on campus arena. But a number of SuCk graduates led by Jim Host pushed for a downtown arena. They got what they wanted, but Jurich was smarter and did a better job of negotiating the contract in favor of UofL because that was his job. So he and the administration did nothing wrong. If you have heart burn with that then blame host and the politicians. And the reason Host pushed, well read Crawford’s article about why Jurich was really fired, it had to do with bringing the NBA to town, which is why Host and all of his SuCk buddies wanted the YUM Center. They knew the only way to get the YUM Center was to use UofL.

Agreed.

1. The SuCkS charlitans wanted the NBA in town to make UofL second class and draft a bunch of SuCkS one and dumb errrrr done players and i wouldnt put it past them, Crapiperi as the franchise first coach.

2. The contract was written and approved by the City, county and State with plenty of SuCkS
fans in the mix, yet it was UofL's fault they benefited from said contract.

3. Most importantly -SuCkS fans and administrators have their undergarments in a bunch because the KFC Center is 1,000 times better than that barn COruppT arena AND........

AND............................

They cant host a host a game there. They are sooooooo salty about that.
Jurich made a brilliant move scheduling to where they cant host.
Dont know why they cant play at Freedom Hall. To proud i guess. Big blew losers...

Last edited:
190dabb220f99c84a57bc0e48ca08ba0--nursing-magazines-silly-memes.jpg
Sure the Kat fans are here to rub it in!

Cause SuCkS fans say UL while Cards fans say UofL.

Yeah UL 86 as a moniker makes sense, but when one mentions our team its UofL.

Capiche, or do you need a more thorough explanation..............
I say both, I don’t think it matters. That’s just message board nonsense.

Not sure who the OP is, but Tyra totally called out the fans. It was a complete calling out. You can't call out a fan base more.
I agree that he did call out the fans and that’s disappointing. It’s a fan’s right to say “the product sucks” any way they wish to. He needs to get over it. He backtracked some on his comments, but too little too late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT