ADVERTISEMENT

Oumar Ballo To IU

Woodson will coach this 7 footer to a 17-15 record. Then all the Bloomington fans will cry about not getting Indiana high school kids. You know, the kids like Purdue has that they laughed at them for having.

Reactions: Deeva
Taking a guess IU has some serious NIL $ to throw around. I believe they have pulled Rice from WSU, another key player from Stanford, and now this dude who is probably the top guy in the portal.

Last year they hit the jackpot too, but as pointed out above the question is, can they win games?

Taking a guess IU has some serious NIL $ to throw around. I believe they have pulled Rice from WSU, another key player from Stanford, and now this dude who is probably the top guy in the portal.

Last year they hit the jackpot too, but as pointed out above the question is, can they win games?
We have big NIL $$ too. I don't like losing players to IU.. Could be a reason we didn't make a harder sales pitch to him though..

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Right now IU reminds me of the Dodgers in the 90's. They always seemed to have the 2nd highest payroll to the Yankees, but the Yankees were winning all the World Series while the Dodgers would lose in the 1st round the rare times they even got in the playoffs.

Right. Some schools like IU have multi million and even billion dollar alumni and donors like Cuban. UofLs NIL is pretty darn good but some programs have the means to outbid others a lot of the time
I think in a lot of cases it'll come down to the free market setting the amounts. Teams will bid, and whoever wants the player the most that can bid the most will get that player.

Reactions: shadow force
Right. Some schools like IU have multi million and even billion dollar alumni and donors like Cuban. UofLs NIL is pretty darn good but some programs have the means to outbid others a lot of the time
But not the coaches to make that NIL work. We experienced that first hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT