ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue Fires Football HC Darrell Hazel....

They will be willing to pay Jeff Brohm's price but I'm not so sure about Miles. The BIG would love the Brohm offense as they don't really see that up there. Yeah, tOSU does some but not like Brohm would.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Just a reminder...we open the season against Purdue next year. If it were Brohm, that would be an interesting angle.

Purdue has a long, long history of making bone head coaching hires. They made a good hire with Joe Tiller back in the Drew Brees days but they ran him off eventually. Plus, they are not always willing to open the checkbook. I'd be surprised if they make a splash hire. Would be interesting if they get Miles or Brohm.

The administration does not properly support the football program, and it's doubtful the new AD will change that. Miles would be crazy to go there, and it'd be very risky for Brohm. The program is a dumpster fire right now.

Reactions: jmac1029
Purdue has a long, long history of making bone head coaching hires. They made a good hire with Joe Tiller back in the Drew Brees days but they ran him off eventually. Plus, they are not always willing to open the checkbook. I'd be surprised if they make a splash hire. Would be interesting if they get Miles or Brohm.
They fired Joe Tiller b/c he didn't win enough and haven't found a coach since who could win period. Once a good program, now a basket case.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I'm selfish but I would like to see Brohm stay awhile at WKU, at least prove he's more than just a great OC. He needs to be able to have sustained success and put up more than just a couple of good seasons. They are 4-3 now so let's see how they finish.

Reactions: Cue Card
I'm selfish but I would like to see Brohm stay awhile at WKU, at least prove he's more than just a great OC. He needs to be able to have sustained success and put up more than just a couple of good seasons. They are 4-3 now so let's see how they finish.
Same here. WKU is my second favorite team across the board. It would be really nice to see coach Brohm stay in Bowling Green for a few more years with sustained success. Cardinal head coach in waiting once CBP hangs it up?

From CBS on Purdue this afternoon:

1. P.J. Fleck, Western Michigan: This whirling dynamo is the best thing to happen to the MAC since Terry Bowden. Sure, he's a rah-rah guy. And his motivational stuff is, well, different. Fleck is 23-10 since starting 1-11 with the Broncos in 2013. Here's my profile on him from last year.

2. Les Miles, free agent (ex-LSU coach): Crazy Les has told people privately and publicly he wants to coach. For this Ohio native with Big Ten roots, Purdue would be a comfy landing spot.

3. Troy Calhoun, Air Force: I've already been told Calhoun would be interested. The long-time NFL assistant has peaked in the Mountain West. Don't be fooled by the Falcons' option attack. Calhoun is experienced with any offense.

4. Jeff Brohm, Western Kentucky: Bobby Petrino's successor in Bowling Green, Kentucky, Brohm is 24-10 in two-plus seasons and won the Conference USA title last year.

5. Rod Carey, Northern Illinois: Coached the Huskies to the Orange Bowl a couple of years ago. Oh yeah, and he beat Purdue by 31 in 2013. Possible downside: Carey would be a second straight MAC coach.

6. Brock Spack, Illinois State: Joe Tiller's old defensive coordinator has spent eight years in FBS. Blah.

7. Mike Sanford, Notre Dame offensive coordinator: Tough sell with the Irish now 2-5, but Sanford, still in his 30s, is well respected and already has future NFL quarterback Deshone Kizer on his resume.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-of-seven-candidates-for-purdue-coaching-job/

Tiller wasn't fired. He retired. They loved him there.

True sort of...Purdue did a Bobby Bowden on him and had Danny Hope as the "Head Coach in waiting" on the sidelines Tillers last year. Tiller chose retirement over dismissal.

From Public Enemy's list #7 - Mike Sanford. Is that the same OC that Charlie ran off here ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT