ADVERTISEMENT

OT Florida Fires Head Coach Jim McElwain

I saw that. I thought they would wait till the season played out, but.....

Opens up two slots for certain in the SEC. I wouldn't be shocked to see aTm, certainly Tennessee, and Arkansas never has had a great relationship with their coach. Don't ever count out LSU from pulling the trigger again.

The carousel just got started early this year.

This won't be a good year to be looking for a head coach. There will be a lot of competition.

Wonder if Florida looks backwards to Charlie Strong?

Be nice if he gets it but he wont.

He had an affair here, plus some won't like his
If they had half a brain they would, but they won't. Too soon after his supposed failure at Texas.

The failure at Texas would be down the list.

We all know what the number one reason why they wouldn't.
Number 2 is the 'affair.

Be nice if he gets it but he wont.

He had an affair here, plus some won't like his

The failure at Texas would be down the list.

We all know what the number one reason why they wouldn't.
Number 2 is the 'affair.
You sure are quick to play the race card Kerry. Not really sure why, but I suspect you have some real issues regarding race that are eating at you. Look inward to move outward, forward, and beyond. Life is just too short to hate so much.

JMO.

You sure are quick to play the race card Kerry. Not really sure why, but I suspect you have some real issues regarding race that are eating at you. Look inward to move outward, forward, and beyond. Life is just too short to hate so much.

JMO.

Its not the race card, it's a fact.
Not the fact that he is Black, the fact that he has a White wife.

Besides, the SEC has only had two Black coaches. So that is a factor also.
Hire Chizik with a losing record or assistant Muschamp or Strong.

You righties sure are sensitive.

LOL. I'm in an interracial marriage myself Kerry. Have been for 26+ years. It has nothing to do with being right or left. It has everything to do with what appears to be you feeling inferior for whatever reason and blaming race for it. Not everything in life is race related. Coach Charlie Strong is a good man as far as I can tell without actually knowing him. Maybe he really isn't. IDK because I don't really know him.

EDIT: You can feel any which way you want to feel Kerry. It's not my place to say anything other than that.

Still unfounded racial charges.

LOL. I'm in an interracial marriage myself Kerry. Have been for 26+ years. It has nothing to do with being right or left. It has everything to do with what appears to be you feeling inferior for whatever reason and blaming race for it. Not everything in life is race related. Coach Charlie Strong is a good man as far as I can tell without actually knowing him. Maybe he really isn't. IDK because I don't really know him.

Has nothing to do with what I'm feeling.
Facts are Strong was passed over by SEC schools because of his race and his wife's race.
Failed clowns got opportunities, while he was even passed over DESPITE being a championship
defensive coordinator at UF. The irony.

Lots of righties are in interracial marriages.
Doesn't explain why you keep being a blind dik.
Keep up the insults.

Facts are Strong was passed over by SEC schools because of his race and his wife's race.
Failed clowns got opportunities, while he was even passed over DESPITE being a championship

Keep up the insults.
Your opinion is not a “fact”. Maybe Charlie is a bad interview. Charlie may feel he was passed over, but a lot goes into these decisions, and none of us know all of it.

Keep up the insults.
You just called me a blind dik when I haven't called you anything other than Kerry then tell me to continue with the insults.

Wow. I don't need to insult you. You do that well enough on your own.

Reactions: FinalFurlong
Still unfounded racial charges.
kvKXd.gif

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
You just called me a blind dik when I haven't called you anything other than Kerry then tell me to continue with the insults.

Wow. I don't need to insult you. You do that well enough on your own.

You claimed I had 'issues'

Then proceeded to tell me I felt inferior for Strong being passed by the SEC who has been around over 90 years yet has had only two Black headcoaches.
McCain's relatives were chided for interracial marriages.

Strong has been over-qualified yet passed up many times.
Hope he never coaches a SEC team.

Just because we had a Black President doesn't mean racism is dead in this country.
I guess you quickly forgot Charlottesville and hundreds of other incidents.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3

Then proceeded to tell me I felt inferior for Strong being passed by the SEC who has been around over 90 years yet has had only two Black headcoaches.

Just because we had a Black President doesn't mean racism is dead in this country.
Saying I think you have issues is not calling you names Kerry. It's just an observation on my part which you continue to prove with each word you type. Too bad you can't seem to understand the difference between an opinion and an insult.

Like I said, I don't have to insult you with name calling. You do that well enough on your own.

Saying I think you have issues is not calling you names Kerry. It's just an observation on my part which you continue to prove with each word you type. Too bad you can't seem to understand the difference between an opinion and an insult.

Like I said, I don't have to insult you with name calling. You do that well enough on your own.

You're my boy Cue. My favorite poster, however
you've been very salty lately and I'm going to call you on it.

It's a fact Strong and many minorities were passed over for HC jobs.
It got so bad that the NFL instituted the 'Rooney rule'

Strong was DC when UF won TWO National championships, yet was passed over in favor of Muschamp. Why ? Because he was a bad in interviews ?
To old ?

charlie-strong-wife-victoria-strong1.jpg

Strong was DC when UF won TWO National championships, yet was passed over in favor of Muschamp. Why ? Because he was a bad in interviews ?
To old ?

charlie-strong-wife-victoria-strong1.jpg

I like you too Kerry. One of my favorite posters on this site too. You are calling me out for being salty? I like you because you are ALWAYS salty! It's the main reason I like you so much. With that said, I do get the vibe that you're a bit hung up on race a bit too much.

I've seen it first hand, up close and personal because my wife is not the same race as I am so I know what you speak of. We've seen it together first hand and I am here to tell you and anyone else willing to listen that compared to 25 years ago, things are better today.

With that stated, 10 years ago things were a lot better than they are today. We took a bad step backward in racial relations in our country and I'm pretty sure we are going to disagree as to why. I'll leave it alone if you will.

To old ?

A variety of possibilities. Strong was already at Louisville, and was 7-6 at the time. Muschamp was the big name assistant at the time, and had been the coach-in-waiting at Texas. If you're an AD replacing a 2-time national champion, you're either going to hire the hot assistant, or big-name head coach. Not too often will you see an AD in that situation take the 7-6 guy, even if he is the better coach.

A variety of possibilities. Strong was already at Louisville, and was 7-6 at the time. Muschamp was the big name assistant at the time, and had been the coach-in-waiting at Texas. If you're an AD replacing a 2-time national champion, you're either going to hire the hot assistant, or big-name head coach. Not too often will you see an AD in that situation take the 7-6 guy, even if he is the better coach.
I know that but it doesn't fit the narrative. Just let it go. We'll all be better off.

The SEC has had 5 black head coaches.

Joker Phillips, Kevin Sumlin, James Franklin, Derrick Mason, and Sylvester Croom.

Racism isn’t a one way street.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinalFurlong
I never understood why CStrong didn't get a shot. Sylvester Croom got a chance before him at Mississippi State.
JPhillips wife was white, as well as a history professor at UK.
Dunno.
I kind of figure Strong was satisfied proving his HC skills when the Cards smoked Florida.
Part of me thinks he's satisfied now...don't know what his buyout at Texas was but actually he's a coach that's getting older in a state where he can yank in a lot of talent. May be a nice gig to retire from.

The SEC has had 5 black head coaches.

Joker Phillips, Kevin Sumlin, James Franklin, Derrick Mason, and Sylvester Croom.

Racism isn’t a one way street.

The "joke" Smith was actually a coach ?
6 in 90 yrs. Impressive..........

Racism is the power to hire and fire. I'll let that sink in for you.......

I know that but it doesn't fit the narrative. Just let it go. We'll all be better off.

What's the narrative?

That Southern Universities can pass up good opportunities to make money ?
That's what's it's all about. They went with unproven overy Strong.

They paid for it and are still paying for it. Strong got the last laugh.

You righties are funny.

What's the narrative?

That Southern Universities can pass up good opportunities to make money ?
That's what's it's all about. They went with unproven overy Strong.

They paid for it and are still paying for it. Strong got the last laugh.

You righties are funny.
You lefties are funny too especially since I'm left handed. :D FWIW, I really wish we still had coach Strong as our head coach but sadly, he was cut that way.

EDIT: Just saw your first question Kerry. The narrative is to take an issue that's already been addressed and turn the same issue into something that is not really as issue at all today compared to 90 years ago or even 10 years ago, or in coach Strong's case, just maybe the fact he was 7-6 as a head coach when the UF job opened up the second time around. Now I do agree he got passed over when Urban Meyer left. UF in hindsight made a seriously bad decision not to hire Strong first, but unlike you, I'm not going to scream it was simply because of his race without something to actually link it to other than a gut feeling. This isn't 1960. Hell, this isn't even 2009 anymore.

Last edited:
The "joke" Smith was actually a coach ?
6 in 90 yrs. Impressive..........

Racism is the power to hire and fire. I'll let that sink in for you.......

So if you’re in a position to hire and fire it’s racism? If you want to see something, you will.
I like Charlie Strong, but by his record at Texas I’d say Florida was right.

All those Coaches were in the last 20 years, and I guarantee Florida doesn’t give 2 rips about color, they want to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT