ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long Fired...

Feb 19, 2003
Only brings this up because that puts Arkansas Football Coach Bret Bielema On extremely shaky ground. And “Rumor” is they will make a play for Auburn Gus Mahlzan-(Who is a Arkansas native) which will open up the Auburn Job.

I also do find it ironic that as short as 2 years ago both Tom Jurich and Jeff Long were considered the Top 2 AD is the nation and now both are gone...

Only brings this up because that puts Arkansas Football Coach Bret Bielema On extremely shaky ground. And “Rumor” is they will make a play for Auburn Gus Mahlzan-(Who is a Arkansas native) which will open up the Auburn Job.

I also do find it ironic that as short as 2 years ago both Tom Jurich and Jeff Long were considered the Top 2 AD is the nation and now both are gone...

Maybe, he wants to come here and work with Bobby again. However, no one wants Bobby right now, not even Auburn, if that is what you are getting at. Makes for interesting fodder, though, since they are about to hire Jurich and Pitino. OK, almost everything in this post is false, except the middle part.

I find it amazing that Auburn is so unappreciative of Malzahn. Guess it’s that Saban effect

I have a feeling that, as Zipp says, “the Cat”, May be out of an AD job if U of L decides to pursue Long. We could use a proven AD. I have no problems with Tyra but I feel like Long would be a safer bet.

Reactions: arizan
Considering that Long’s last 3 hires, Petrino, John L and Bielema were busts, the fan base lost patience and wanted a change.

Petrino went 10-2 in in 2010 and 11-2 2012 with a Cotton Bowl win at Arkansas.
John L was in an impossible situation.

Both.

They haven’t sniffed 10 wins since the MC crash.
So in your thinking, you have heard Arkansas fans wanting him back? There is a poll in an Arkansas sports media article that asked How do you look back on Bobby’s stint at Arkansas? 53% voted poorly and 46% replied fondly. That’s a divided fan base.

He’s not even listed in top 10 candidates to replace Bielema.

My thinking heard nothing.

You asked what we thought they’re thinking. Not whether they would take him back. I replied

And, a mixed poll indicates they think about both.

I have a feeling that, as Zipp says, “the Cat”, May be out of an AD job if U of L decides to pursue Long. We could use a proven AD. I have no problems with Tyra but I feel like Long would be a safer bet.

Yeah I can see that happen not that he’s done anything to justify the hire. Not the hire I would want.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT