ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another take on Sign of the times

It does take one to know one...as I have been called everything I called you. I just made the mistake of not making my sarcasm clear. There are no gluten free safe spaces in my household. We're a dying breed though.
My bad.

Totally missed on this one.

Eric Crawford almost always always puts things in perspective for me. Here's a story worth reading. To each his own opinion.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/crawfor...cle_b6c789ea-c354-11e9-a774-2b1ec04d0b0b.html
What a bunch of bullcrap! Everybody wants to give everyone free space to grow full of understanding and acceptance except when someone has a problem with someone in authority. Well, then it’s time for the pitch forks. Where’s the understanding and expectance and all that millennial crap for Rex? Why doesn’t 29 years of loyalty grant him some forgiveness or even a chance to improve his behavior? It seems to me this millennial junk is only intended to help millennials. Hate to break it to you young people but hard bosses and negative reinforcement is alive and well in the workforce. Only in journalism and on college campuses can you get by with this complaining crap. And if someone like Rex does get fired with this stuff as a reason, you can believe me that it’s not the real reason It’s because they want to pay his replacement less to make their budget and give themselves a bonus.

This all could have been dealt with if Tyra actually did his job and managed Rex. How about pulling him in to your office and telling him to shape up, or is that too old-school? Doesn't 29 years earn you some loyalty from UofL n return.

Just to be clear...Rex did not allow a player to play when a trainer told Rex the player shouldn’t play. Playing with pain is part of college athletics, or any level of athletics. Why is the trainer who thought the player shouldn’t of played, but didn’t tell Rex, not fired. Having a medical staff member who is too timid to prevent a player from playing over perceived wishes of a coach is much more dangerous of an employee then anything Rex was accused of.

Eric Crawford almost always always puts things in perspective for me. Here's a story worth reading. To each his own opinion.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/crawfor...cle_b6c789ea-c354-11e9-a774-2b1ec04d0b0b.html
What a bunch of bullcrap! Everybody wants to give everyone free space to grow full of understanding and acceptance except when someone has a problem with someone in authority. Well, then it’s time for the pitch forks. Where’s the understanding and expectance and all that millennial crap for Rex? Why doesn’t 29 years of loyalty grant him some forgiveness or even a chance to improve his behavior? It seems to me this millennial junk is only intended to help millennials. Hate to break it to you young people but hard bosses and negative reinforcement is alive and well in the workforce. Only in journalism and on college campuses can you get by with this complaining crap. And if someone like Rex does get fired with this stuff as a reason, you can believe me that it’s not the real reason It’s because they want to pay his replacement less to make their budget and give themselves a bonus.

This all could have been dealt with if Tyra actually did his job and managed Rex. How about pulling him in to your office and telling him to shape up, or is that too old-school? Doesn't 29 years earn you some loyalty from UofL n return.

Just to be clear...Rex did not allow a player to play when a trainer told Rex the player shouldn’t play. Playing with pain is part of college athletics, or any level of athletics. Why is the trainer who thought the player shouldn’t of played, but didn’t tell Rex, not fired. Having a medical staff member who is too timid to prevent a player from playing over perceived wishes of a coach is much more dangerous of an employee then anything Rex was accused of.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your wrong. Your definition of the work place is rare and fading fast. Heck at one point even the Army went to time out cards. You pull any of the stuff Rex pulled in most work places and your fired. Not saying it’s right, but its reality

He is a grown man making 6 figures? How hard is it not to make racist comments and attempt to force injured players to play? Playing with pain is part of athletics, playing injured is another and not something you should be forced to do. If the player has permanent damage because of it you and Ecarma aren't going to be there for that player late.

Ecarma didn't even win that much on top of everything else. Sorry you didn't know it wasn't okay to be a racist douchebag after 30 years of coaching. On top of it all he is still getting paid to not show up to work.

Guys I have been out of town for weeks I am completely behind on this topic. I had no idea any racist comments were made by the coach?

I’m beginning to see a pattern with UofL when it comes to managing leaders of our athletics department. Is there not a system of checks and balances in place to keep things like this from getting to the point we have to let a guy like Rex go.

Most places it’s called an open door policy. Our athletes need to know they can walk into Vince, or any other athletics department office, and talk about anything.

Thinking back to things that came out when Petrino was shown the door, someone in our athletics department should have known that the players didn’t know where their coaches office was.

I’m not saying Tom, or Vince now, should know everything that’s going on just that someone in their office should.

...All of a sudden posters are using mental gymnastics trying to find ways to defend an apparent racist douche because they dislike Tyra.
"Racist douche"...LOL!

And I thought I was the only guy blasting "Vince"?

...This all could have been dealt with if Tyra actually did his job and managed Rex. How about pulling him in to your office and telling him to shape up, or is that too old-school?...
Because that approach could have led to another outcome besides "Vince's" eighth head coach hitting the bricks. In the last couple of years, U of L has shown they're not going to miss a good opportunity to purge when it presents itself. It's easiest to take the gutless approach.

In 29 years, you'd estimate that Ecarma has probably had a thousand players go thru his U of L tennis program. And multiples of that if you count clinics, camps, and other coaching opportunities. I find it interesting that none of his former coaches, players, and students report anything approaching the accusations in this "report". Like Petrino and others, Ecarma must have decided to take a recent U-turn unexpectedly...

Old dog new concepts. I’m still trying to figure out Rollem and sexist comment. I’m female and I wasn’t offended. ;) It was racist rant.

Damn Zipp big FB week and you still want to play tennis? :cool:

Reactions: zipp
What a complete and totally sexist name to call someone.

I think I’m offended and think you should be kicked off the board!!!!

;););)

Yeah. I guess it is easy to say something and get fired today. :confused:

Its only easy to say things and get fired today when you are already a racist idiot. The rest of the population manages to live everyday without accidentally spewing racist comments like they have tourette syndrome.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Because that approach could have led to another outcome besides "Vince's" eighth head coach hitting the bricks. In the last couple of years, U of L has shown they're not going to miss a good opportunity to purge when it presents itself. It's easiest to take the gutless approach.

In 29 years, you'd estimate that Ecarma has probably had a thousand players go thru his U of L tennis program. And multiples of that if you count clinics, camps, and other coaching opportunities. I find it interesting that none of his former coaches, players, and students report anything approaching the accusations in this "report". Like Petrino and others, Ecarma must have decided to take a recent U-turn unexpectedly...

Why are you even acting like you actually care about the specifics of this situation? Ecarma could have stabbed a player on the court and you'd defend if it meant criticizing Tyra.

Why are you even acting like you actually care about the specifics of this situation? Ecarma could have stabbed a player on the court and you'd defend if it meant criticizing Tyra.
If you wanna stick to the facts for a change, I'll be glad to as well. But then stalkers might not like your posts...

Unfortunately, I remember both of them. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of '60s music sucked.
Love 60's music. I have a friend that has a group called the Sock Hops that sings oldies music. They are out of the Atlanta area and travel all over the south. I usually hear them in Franklin, NC in July each year.

Love 60's music. I have a friend that has a group called the Sock Hops that sings oldies music. They are out of the Atlanta area and travel all over the south. I usually hear them in Franklin, NC in July each year.

Late 60s there was some great rock that came about.

Ipartied, I see there’s controversy too. Zipp should be busy with US open & working on his backhanded moves.

Ipartied, I see there’s controversy too. Zipp should be busy with US open & working on his backhanded moves.
Renaissance Man
F5CAR46F11S8TQ8.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT