ADVERTISEMENT

Onuaku reportedly staying in the draft

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Pitino is reporting to CBSSports. Best wishes Big Fella!!!

Rick Pitino told @CBSSports that Chinanu Onuaku "has until midnight, but as of now is staying in the 2016 NBA Draft".

MAY be jumping the gun here. Multiple sources now saying he has not "officially" made a decision" yet and he has until midnight.

And now...Nanu just posted THIS:

CjU8bKeUoAAOrOP.jpg:large

Last edited:
Sorry guys; it looks like Pitino jumped the gun in reporting to several media outlets. Nanu now says he will announce his decision via Instagram tonight. Stay tuned.

If someone asks him what he thinks then he can tell them what he thinks . It's not like LeBron and the Decision.

Giving an opinion is one thing. But what business does he have providing any information today, unless Nanu asked him to? Nothing new, but it's poor form. There are things to like about CRP. This is not one of them.

Reactions: kyjeff1
NOW Onuaku HAS officially announced he IS staying in the draft in a very nicely worded Instagram post that was very complimentary of all things UofL (including Coach Pitino). Again...best wishes Nanu.

Except that it wasn't his announcement to make, three weeks ago or now.

Exactly right. And Rick said we will be just as good and a contender. So in a year that is supposed to have some incredible talent...we lose our top 3 players and we are gonna be better? I'll wait and see.

Rick needs to go back to Miami for rest of offseason and just shut up. Talks way too much and loves talking down to the fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoulSr
Not a surprise. You could get the feeling from the way he was talking in interviews that he really didn't want to stay in college.

Time for the other post players to step up to the challenge. Good luck big fella! I wish you the best.

Reactions: SoulSr
Bottom line. CRP knew the outcome weeks ago. Like they were saying Onuaku was looking for reasons not to stay in the draft. Some people think that the NBA will tell you like it is. I think they make a positive spin on everything because who knows if you go back to college and improve you might be a legitimate draft pick the next year. They don't tell you you suck they say well if you work on this and we can help you...

I do think that CRP was trying to guilt onuaku in coming back..

Reactions: Cue Card
After Samardo's So year Rick said we'd build the team around Samuels for his Jr year and the next day Samuels announced he was turning pro.

I'm not sure Rick has a clue about plans some of the guys on the team have when the season is over.

He's very close with some, but not with all, obviously.

Good luck to Nanu Onuaku.Thanks for your time here.

I'm expecting the others to pick up what Onuaku brought most of.He was a force in the paint.When he wasn't being targeted by the officials(did I just type that or was I just thinking it) for moving picks,he was a force in the paint.Rebounding and blocked shots became his calling cards in the last half of the season.

I think our big guys will play big in the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT