ADVERTISEMENT

Only in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I was watching the Gonzaga vs San Francisco game which was a really good game. They flashed to the Pom Pom squad and San Francisco had Pom Pom girls and Pom Pom boys. It was really funny to watch.

Koz, I guess you have never seen our 'manly man" on the LADY BIRDS dance team? I think we've had several.

No I haven’t I’ll have to look for it I wonder if he is as feminine as the guys on the SF Pom Pom squad.

At a couple of the football games this year there were 3 Ladydudes out on the field performing with the Ladybirds. There were 2 Flagdudes with the Flag girls in the marching band.

We’ve had male cheerleaders forever. If some want to dance, let them dance.

giphy.gif

Male cheerleaders are normal to me but male Pom Pom boys is something new to me.

I'm with you there. I'm a Libertarian which means I'm for whatever people doing whatever as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else (personal lifestyle, drugs, whatever). But, "Pom Pom Boys" is just over the top and silly, and it's ok if I think it's over the top and silly.

I'm with you there. I'm a Libertarian which means I'm for whatever people doing whatever as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else (personal lifestyle, drugs, whatever). But, "Pom Pom Boys" is just over the top and silly, and it's ok if I think it's over the top and silly.
I take that same approach but I don't label myself anything other than old. LOL.

I really don't care one way or the other about this issue. If guys want to shake pom-poms then let them. Doesn't hurt me in any way.

I never said it hurt me I just thought it looked odd. I admit watching them was so odd it was entertaining. It’s like watching the SYRACUSE women play basketball the most entertaining part of their game is watching their Head Coach.

My high school, Valley HS was one of the first schools to have male cheerleaders back in 1975...
Back in the 50's when I went to school, Flaget, St.X, Male and Manual
were all boy schools. They had cheerleaders (no pom poms).
:

My high school, Valley HS was one of the first schools to have male cheerleaders back in 1975...

K.M.I. ( Kentucky Military Institute over in Lyndon off LaGrange Rd ) had male cheerleader going back to the 20's
1940's i believe here
cheerleaders-two.jpg

It was at K.M.I. in 1971 that my conversions to being a UL fan took place...

I never said it hurt me I just thought it looked odd. I admit watching them was so odd it was entertaining. It’s like watching the SYRACUSE women play basketball the most entertaining part of their game is watching their Head Coach.
in this day and age many people think it ODD that you would even bring up the subject or think it odd yourself. regretfully, it makes you look old, out of touch, and a homophobe. just because you grew up a certain way does not in any way mean your way was right or correct. hate, homophoibia, intolerance and bigotry are all learned behaviors.

I understand why the all boy schools had male cheerleaders... Valley was not an all male school. We did get some ribbing from other schools but our male cheerleaders were football players. I think even the male catholic schools like Bishop David used girl cheerleaders from Angela Merici.

Reactions: PushupMan
I never said it was odd to have male cheerleaders I don’t know why everybody keeps giving examples of cheerleaders. I do find it funny when you see men on the sidelines wearing spandex pants and makeup shaking Pom Poms. I am not homophobic as someone suggested I do not fear gay people. Like I said I guess I was bought up wrong because I know most people in the world are now gay and I am not so I will be a proud odd man.

I never said it was odd to have male cheerleaders I don’t know why everybody keeps giving examples of cheerleaders. I do find it funny when you see men on the sidelines wearing spandex pants and makeup shaking Pom Poms. I am not homophobic as someone suggested I do not fear gay people. Like I said I guess I was bought up wrong because I know most people in the world are now gay and I am not so I will be a proud odd man.
Saying you were brought up wrong is a cop out. It’s an attitude not an instinct. Even the term “gay” means that you have not educated yourself as to accepting all persons regardless of....

Your right nccardfan it was just a cop out I was bought up to think relationships between men and woman were normal. I still think that way and whenever I see men dressing up like women I will always get a good laugh out of it. I also don’t think it is a civil rights issue I think it is a choice to live that lifestyle.
I will never protest against their lifestyle or refuse to work with someone who lives that way. They have a right to live the way they want even if I think it is odd.

Your right nccardfan it was just a cop out I was bought up to think relationships between men and woman were normal. I still think that way and whenever I see men dressing up like women I will always get a good laugh out of it. I also don’t think it is a civil rights issue I think it is a choice to live that lifestyle.
I will never protest against their lifestyle or refuse to work with someone who lives that way. They have a right to live the way they want even if I think it is odd.
It’s normal to act that way when you fear or don’t understand something.

Reactions: Louisvillian
The University of San Francisco is a private Catholic University. Oh the irony of this goofy thread. :rolleyes:

Like I said I don’t fear it you need to read what I post instead of interpreting it to meet your narrative.

Like I said I don’t fear it you need to read what I post instead of interpreting it to meet your narrative.
I watched the same game the other night and my first takeaways were what a great game it was and that USF has a really bright young coach in Todd Golden who relies heavily on analytics.

Strangely enough I never noticed any PomPom dudes.

No. You still quote that you think it’s a choice.. it’s not ever that simple. Addiction is not a choice but a result of a choice. And you state that you think they’re odd.. ask them and they may say the same thing about you. It’s not a case of majority rule. No right or wrong. Simply it is part of human nature now.

I watched the game as well and thought it was surprisingly close. I was also surprised both teams shot tons of layups and very few outside shots. I also thought the the USF coach was doing a great job and you are right he is really young. He could be the next hot coach everybody wants. To bad you missed the zoom Pom boys it was a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT