ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: On Rueben Owens and Noble Johnson

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Reached out to one of my top sources to get the pulse on Rueben Owens and Noble Johnson.

Last week he told me he doubts Owens will sign here. A day or so later Woody Womack put in a pick for Owens and Clarkson started making a push on social media and it seems the Louisville buzz was intensifying. That buzz didn't jive with my source's lack of optimism. After letting a week go by I reached out to the same source and was told, "I'm starting to become a believer." That's obviously a positive momentum shift but it hasn't moved the needle enough for me to put in a Louisville futurcast.

As many of you already know Johnson released a top-five of Arkansas, Clemson, Louisville, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. Clemson just offered and he just visited there. Next up he's going to Arkansas and then here. I think the staff needs to feel out how comfortable he is playing so far from home. If distance is a factor I like Arkansas for obvious geographical reasons. Clemson is always a threat as well but I think Louisville is in the mix with those two and Ole Miss and Tennessee are pulling up the rear. Still a ways to go here and with me saying all that watch him commit to Tennessee tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News