ADVERTISEMENT

On a Day

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
when we hope to see one of our own achieve the highest honor,let's remember some others that weren't in the Heisman hunt,but nonetheless very valuable to The Red and Black.

Frank Minniefield- considered too small to play Division I football,walked on at UofL and became one of the better cover corners ever here.Went on to have a stellar career with the Browns,earning 4 consecutive Pro Bowl trips.

Thanks #1 for the memories and for proving it's not the size of the dog.

Feel free guys to share others that have worn The Red and Black and were instrumental in the program's success over the years.

when we hope to see one of our own achieve the highest honor,let's remember some others that weren't in the Heisman hunt,but nonetheless very valuable to The Red and Black.

Frank Minniefield- considered too small to play Division I football,walked on at UofL and became one of the better cover corners ever here.Went on to have a stellar career with the Browns,earning 4 consecutive Pro Bowl trips.

Thanks #1 for the memories and for proving it's not the size of the dog.

Feel free guys to share others that have worn The Red and Black and were instrumental in the program's success over the years.
As a Browns fan, Frankie Minniefield will always have a special place in my heart.

I have to believe that had Michael Bush not broken his leg in 2006 Louisville may have done the unthinkable by Winning the National Championship and having the Heisman winner in the same year. We'll never know. His first half against UK was Heisman-esque and had we had him against Rutgers in the 2nd half that year, there's no way we get held scoreless.

I think there was at least a 50-50 shot if we had beat Rutgers and been undefeated that we would have played Ohio St for the Title. After seeing how Florida and Chris Leak destroyed the Buckeyes 41-14, I'd have liked our chances of doing the same with Bush, Brohm, Douglas and Barnidge.

Reactions: earsky
The only Louisville player(i believe ) to receive heisman votes was,
Elvis Dumervil in 2005 with 9 votes. All third place votes. He finished 10th.

The only Louisville player(i believe ) to receive heisman votes was,
Elvis Dumervil in 2005 with 9 votes. All third place votes. He finished 10th.
Yeah,I'm just tryin to remember some other players today.I know it's #8's day,not tryin to overshadow his accomplishments.Just remembering others as well that gave it all to the Red and Black.

Help me out .I'm kinda old and slow.

"I didn't like the c note"

It was a reach, but you you said to mention others who were instrumental in the success to the red and black.

Michael Jordan - Bulls
Michael Vick - Falcons

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT