ADVERTISEMENT

Offense is now ranked 124th in the nation.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
There are just 5 other FBS schools who have a worse offense. The defense is ranked 81st.

There are just 5 other FBS schools who have a worse offense. The defense is ranked 81st.
Never ever thought that possible. Not with Bobby Petrino as the head coach. That stat is staggering. Just wow.

The thing I don’t understand is why are we running the type of offense we are running, is it because of our personnel? I don’t normally see a coach change a system that he is successful with because of the players he has recruited can’t play in his system. There was so much talk at the beginning of the season about how many good running backs we had and our experienced offensive line with good quarterbacks and receivers. I really thought we were going to see the offense CBP employed in his first go around at Louisville.
We had Leflors at quarterback with good receivers and the backfield was Lionel Gates, Eric Shelton and Michael Bush. Nobody knew what we were going to do because we had so many options. I remember when we played Army after the game their players said it was like playing a 3 headed monster they couldn’t figure out what we were going to do. Maybe Bobby and his coaches need to pull tape on the old system and remember what made him so successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT