ADVERTISEMENT

Off the grid observation

Dec 2, 2004
Mercer Pennsylvania
Being a Pennsylvanian I now spend most of my time in the big woods hunting which means "gasp" no internet. But I do have satellite TV so I can watch the games.
1. The tight end position fascinates me. A four star transfer can't get in ahead of a former walk-on and a former OG from Vanderbilt. I'm not belittling, but wowed by the efforts of Ford and Pfeifer.
2. The offensive play calling adjusted real well and like CSS said in the post game, "we just settled down" Hawkins and Hall didn't have a great game, but still slammed in there to keep them honest.
3. People have to remember the personnel issues on the defensive side of the ball. We lost quite a few players that would have helped at least with depth. Couple that with getting little out players like Hayes, Mbanasor, and Ty Tyler, it's a wonder we aren't worse than last year on defense. I often think about what this defense would have looked like with Greenard, TreSean Smith, Brents, and others who left or had no other choice because of poor behavior.
4. I love Haycraft, but in terms of penalties he is the new Hughley.
5. Hats off to Seth Dawkins for being selfless as hell. I'm sure he wants more passes his way, but you don't see him pouting or letting up. Dude always blocks his butt off and does his job.

Great to be bowling again. We have exited the nuclear winter of 2018 and can't wait to see how we finish up

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News