ADVERTISEMENT

Now let the debate start, do we change the stadium name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovin' me some President Bendapudi! Quick, perceptive, decisive...

Just let me know when she starts dealing with the black supremacist element within U of L like Ricky Jones who openly makes racist comments and writes racist editorials that the CJ publishes. They aren't just using words in a non-threatening context like Schnatter. They are real racists and actually mean it but apparently that isn't a problem.

The most divided, yes. Agree.
Divided ....so what..what does that mean ? The country is still running great. Lowest unemployment in along time. Its divided with half (normal people) seeing that it's great and the other half wearing vagina hats, marching, whining for safe spaces, men cutting their cocks off and demanding to be called women, crying out saying " well the country is divided".

Get a life dude. You people cant see that your screwed up ideology is what caused this and still keep pushing your crazy agenda on everyone. Keep it up, he will get elected again and maybe even get a 3rd scotus nominee. Then you people wont have a chance in hell for years and years. It's great and I love every minute of watching you pu@#ies whine and cry.

Just let me know when she starts dealing with the black supremacist element within U of L like Ricky Jones who openly makes racist comments and writes racist editorials that the CJ publishes. They aren't just using words in a non-threatening context like Schnatter. They are real racists and actually mean it but apparently that isn't a problem.
It's ok man, they're black... so nothing to see here.

When Ali was in the Nation of Islam he referred to white people as the blued eyed devils. I think replacing Papa John's with his named would be a wee bit of inconsistency.

Even though I am an admirer of Ali’s I don’t think his name on our stadium would be a good idea. Cardinal Stadium is perfect.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

from our president-
"By taking this action, we renew our community's commitment to speaking up when it matters, doing what is right, and coming together as one team -- our Cardinal family -- to heal and move forward," she said.
She can say whatever she wants but a lot of people are not united with her. As I have said, if racism is a problem for her, then when is she going to fire Ricky Jones and get that race baiting clown out of our university?

Yes, and things are so great now due to republican control. Nothing to see here. Just a country now more divided since the Vietnam Era, a war we lost. Chappy, GFY.
You can thank Obama for promoting all types of division and hanging with Jeremiah Wright.

Yeah a draft dodger that was totally cleared by the Supreme Court of the United States. He spent his last years fighting for world peace and that qualifies him to be on a “high horse”. You should remember that he grew up in a segregated Louisville where he couldn’t go to most restaurants, movie houses and had to sit at the back of the bus. Maybe you need to try to understand the word racist in it’s totality.

Well he is famous for bashing people’s brains in. But he did stand for principle and paid a price for it. You can’t take that away from MA.

The stadium does not need a name it already has one..."CARDINAL STADIUM". The only thing that has happened is the corporate sponsor was removed. If another corporation pays and UofL accepts then their name can be added to the name Cardinal Stadium. Louisville isn't looking for a name. If Schnelly or Ali's widow show up and give millions of dollars to add their name onto Cardinal Stadium that is the only way that will happen. It is already called Cardinal Stadium.

When Ali was in the Nation of Islam he referred to white people as the blued eyed devils. I think replacing Papa John's with his named would be a wee bit of inconsistency.

It's not wise to judge unless you've walked in another mans shoes. I wonder what your opinion would be if you lived the life that Ali lived. You may think the white oppressor was the devil too had you grown up in west end of Louisville in the 50's and 60's. The way you lash out it makes me think you might have more in common with papa john than you might think. At least John is man enough to apologize publicly for his actions and admitted that his language hurt people. It seems there is no middle ground anymore and the united states flag no longer represents anything united. And before you judge me as some snowflake liberal, I will say that I fought for this country and the men I went into battle with were of nearly every race and place. We called each other by their hometowns and other identifiers. I fought along side Memphis, Lex, Bama, Houston, Rags, Beans, Bishop, Skeeder, Hook, and Ski. We were united regardless of race or religion. I would love to see the country I fought for, and lost friends for, and walk with a permanent limp for, to unite in the way we did. I don't like what is happening with the deep divide that is taking place under this administration. All we can do is hope and pray for the best. Because united we stand divided we fall. The enemy is not the republican or the democrat or the united nations. Meanwhile the enemy has us in their cross hairs while we fight against each other and stop watching them. God help us!

Last edited:
Divided ....so what..what does that mean ? The country is still running great. Lowest unemployment in along time. Its divided with half (normal people) seeing that it's great and the other half wearing vagina hats, marching, whining for safe spaces, men cutting their cocks off and demanding to be called women, crying out saying " well the country is divided".

Get a life dude. You people cant see that your screwed up ideology is what caused this and still keep pushing your crazy agenda on everyone. Keep it up, he will get elected again and maybe even get a 3rd scotus nominee. Then you people wont have a chance in hell for years and years. It's great and I love every minute of watching you pu@#ies whine and cry.

I'm talking about the level of incivility and hostility we are seeing in this country, as evidenced by your post. Americans have always had differing opinions, but there was mutual respect. Now, we have a vulgar president who lies and his followers feel emboldened to be open racists, encourage hate, and mock who they disagree with. I'd expect more from a president, but, hey, that's just me.

If you think America was as divided then when Obama was president as we are now, you are insane. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime.
You gots admit, the losing side during Obama didn’t show their ass like the losers this time.

Most reluctantly accepted the will of the people.

This time? The losers say SCREW the will of the people, and are fighting against democracy.

Last edited:
If you think America was as divided then when Obama was president as we are now, you are insane. I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime.
Oh it was. It's just in that case the opposing side of Obama had careers , families, children to father and lives to tend to. We couldn't spend all day whining about something someone said that hurt our whittle feelings, and we didnt go around showing our asses while shooting ourselves in the foot in the process for the whole world to see. Simple as that. Once your tears clear up, open your whittle eyes.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
It's ok man, they're black... so nothing to see here.

You are kinda right. Black people have very little power to actually hurt and enforce racism on others. Considering majority of those in this country are white males they actually have the power to actually hurt large groups of other people with racism and prejudices.

For the record, Ricky Jones is an idiot but that does not make what Schnatter said any better. They are just two idiots.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Oh it was. It's just in that case the opposing side of Obama had careers , families, children to father and lives to tend to. We couldn't spend all day whining about something someone said that hurt our whittle feelings, and we didnt go around showing our asses while shooting ourselves in the foot in the process for the whole world to see. Simple as that. Once your tears clear up, open your whittle eyes.

The right whined just as much when Obama was president but back then it was seen as Americans standing up for their beliefs. People said Obama wasn't their president or they didn't say that and just showed it by hanging stuffed monkeys with nooses. Now that trump is in we all of sudden need to stand behind the office of the president no matter what.

The right whined just as much when Obama was president but back then it was seen as Americans standing up for their beliefs. People said Obama wasn't their president or they didn't say that and just showed it by hanging stuffed monkeys with nooses. Now that trump is in we all of sudden need to stand behind the office of the president no matter what.
How quick people forget, or maybe weren't paying attention. How can you forget the birther movement from 2008 to present, the tea party was formed in 2009 which has was characterized as "a right-wing anti-systemic populist movement".

America appears more divided today because you have a bunch pathetic whining liberal snowflakes who just can't accept they lost an election that they expected to win easily. Obama's opponents did not act like these pathetic excuses for human beings.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
How can Ricky Jones call people he disagrees with "poorly educated" and "unwashed" in a Courier Journal editorial and still be employed by the university?
How can he refer to white people as immoral and blame them for all of the problems in the world? The administration at U of L is so cucked that they are afraid of Jones and his ilk. Just gutless.

You gots admit, the losing side during Obama didn’t show their ass like the losers this time.

Most reluctantly accepted the will of the people.

This time? The losers say SCREW the will of the people, and are fighting against democracy.

No, they are showing their ass now with the white nationalist rallies, verbally assaulting minorities, and calling people names who point out their bull shit. The people voted against Trump by a 3,000,000+ margin.

America appears more divided today because you have a bunch pathetic whining liberal snowflakes who just can't accept they lost an election that they expected to win easily. Obama's opponents did not act like these pathetic excuses for human beings.

Because Obama was an intellectual president who didn't spew vulgarities, insults, and lies. Had he been, holy crap. Can you imagine? The pathetic excuse for a human being is in the White House. Remember, the political tone we currently reside in was established by Trump. He started it all. But, it's ok for him to act like an ass, but those who resist him in the same manner in which he presents himself, they are the problem. Got it.

WTF is a "whittle?"

Jesus!

Reactions: cardinalrod
Because Obama was an intellectual president who didn't spew vulgarities, insults, and lies. Had he been, holy crap. Can you imagine? The pathetic excuse for a human being is in the White House. Remember, the political tone we currently reside in was established by Trump. He started it all. But, it's ok for him to act like an ass, but those who resist him in the same manner in which he presents himself, they are the problem. Got it.

Obama intellectual? Not sure if serious.

They did or am I mistaken and there weren't a bunch of people egged on by foxnews whining about his birth certificate and saying he was a muslim bent on destroying America.

I guess it doesn't count though since Obama was just a half N!%$@# to those people.

Even though I am an admirer of Ali’s I don’t think his name on our stadium would be a good idea. Cardinal Stadium is perfect.

I’m with you Cardinal Stadium represents the university and fans. If we placed a name on it I would advocate Howard Schnellenberger, because if it wasn’t for him there wouldn’t be a Cardinal Stadium.

Reactions: jimmy5-11
They did or am I mistaken and there weren't a bunch of people egged on by foxnews whining about his birth certificate and saying he was a muslim bent on destroying America.

I guess it doesn't count though since Obama was just a half N!%$@# to those people.
Considering Fox News is a small part of the American news media, I doubt that makes much sense. It especially makes no sense considering your statement is false anyway.

I hate him because he hates America and was taught at the feet of his communist mentors like Frank Marshall Davis, Bill Ayers, and Jeremiah Wright.

Considering Fox News is a small part of the American news media, I doubt that makes much sense. It especially makes no sense considering your statement is false anyway.

So I'm lying but then in the next post you literally repeat a slightly different variation of what I said right-wingers said about him.

Whining on the news and protesting in the streets at any chance you get or anytime your little feelings get hurt are two different things. I guess you can do that though when you dont have a job to attend to.

Now the question is (least for me) whenever Louisville gets a new naming rights to the stadium what should it be? Everybody should know, eventually there's be someone (and/or) company would want it.

Now the question is (least for me) whenever Louisville gets a new naming rights to the stadium what should it be? Everybody should know, eventually there's be someone (and/or) company would want it.

MD I think you’ve asked an important and valid question. And one that I do not have the answer to, but I’m thinking at this point in time that we need to allow that to rest for a while (how long is a while?). I would think that with our ACC membership and the soon to be. ACC TV network that the naming rights to CARDINAL Stadium would increase a great deal. Just some thoughts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT