ADVERTISEMENT

'Nova train moves on 92-69

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Over a good Miami team that shot 53% and made 10/17 threes and still got hammered by 23. Nobody is playing any better than Villanova right now.

Impressive. Looking forward to Saturday seeing them again.

Scoring threats from all over make them hard to defend.They are again near the top defensively too.Kinda rootin for Wright.Nice team

Reactions: Louisvillian
I thought UL would of had a chance to win it all this year but after watching the tournament I don't think we could of handled Villinova or Virginia.

Great ball movement helps great shooting... A very dangerous team. Shooting 60% is crazy!
They put on a clinic tonight. Great rotation and movement w/o the ball. Anytime a player got in trouble a teammate was on the spot to take the outlet. Quite a contrast to Miami's guards who played well in the 1st half but succumbed to hero ball in the 2nd. Miami bigs' foul trouble didn't help.

Can't wait for Saturday night.

What was impressive to me was the tough shots Nova made. Some of their players were guarded very close and they would make these circus shots look routine.

What was impressive to me was the tough shots Nova made. Some of their players were guarded very close and they would make these circus shots look routine.
Tough shots yes, but from the naked eye (I've only seen the three from near half court on replay) the vast majority had the shooter in rhythm, feet square and stepping into the shot. Last night was the 1st time I have been impressed by Arcidiacono. His lateral movement and ballhandling skills are that of an old school baller. I guess seeing him in person at a lower angle vs. the tube made a difference.

KU's guards did not blow me away, but impressed the heck out of me by not turning the ball over and facilitating the bigs. Both are very well schooled and are an integral part of what KU does.

Saturday night could special. Real special.

Happy for J Wright and Nova program.
What a classic game on our home court.

Those 2 teams are as tough as they come. Congrats to Villanova, they sure deserve it. There was a point midway thru the 2nd half that Kansas and their legacy started to take over the game and a lot of teams would have caved but from that point on, instead of shrinking, Nova started playing D and raking the boards on their way to a huge win in an incredible atmosphere.

Awesome

What a classic game on our home court.

Those 2 teams are as tough as they come. Congrats to Villanova, they sure deserve it. There was a point midway thru the 2nd half that Kansas and their legacy started to take over the game and a lot of teams would have caved but from that point on, instead of shrinking, Nova started playing D and raking the boards on their way to a huge win in an incredible atmosphere.

Awesome

It was starting to slip away for Villanova when Jenkins went the bench with his 4th PF, but they turned up the D. Arcidiacono hits the three and Hart followed with a cold-blooded three that gave them a lead they did not relinquish. Hats off to Jay Wright and the Wildcats. Not your typical Villanova team. The tougher it got, the more clutch they became.

Great win for Nova. Kind of the battle of the major underachievers and Wright won. It's a telling sign that Self wins the Big 12 every year and is 2/14 getting to the Final Four, especially with the massive amount of talent that he gets, and most of them actually stay long enough to become upperclassmen. I'm shocked he isn't on the hot seat. Apparently regular season conference titles are the apex in Lawrence.

Villanova and Virginia probably are the 2 best defensive teams left in this tourney,maybe in the whole thing.The thing about them both,is they can get baskets too.It is a combination that is very dangerous to any team remaining.NC looks like a complete offensive juggernaut with the re-emergence of Paige.Oklahoma and Buddy Hield on the other side.Nova and Virginia are the only 2 teams I see that can stop NC and Oklahoma.Interesting finish,to say the least.

Great win for Nova. Kind of the battle of the major underachievers and Wright won. It's a telling sign that Self wins the Big 12 every year and is 2/14 getting to the Final Four, especially with the massive amount of talent that he gets, and most of them actually stay long enough to become upperclassmen. I'm shocked he isn't on the hot seat. Apparently regular season conference titles are the apex in Lawrence.

Perhaps they appreciate just how difficult it is to win a NC.

Don't get me wrong. I've heard grumblings about Self, but few last night. The major complaints I heard from Jayhawk fans was the 5th foul on Graham and Perry Ellis' poor play. IMO the call on the loose ball was an unfortunate set of events and the criticism of Ellis was coming from guard types who have never had to play the post against an opponent with superior leg strength.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Monday Night should be great. 2 teams of destiny and the 2 best teams do battle for a Championship.

Nova's defense was a clinic - one of the best defensive games I have seen in a Final Four. They swarmed and they helped - in short, they were everywhere.
As good as Nova is, I'm going to go with UNC to win the Final. The reason is I think UNC is too big inside and they'll dominate on the glass just like they do against everybody. Nova's best chance is to make a high percentage of three point shots and try to win in a close game. But no doubt these are the two best teams in the country going at it.

Nova's defense was a clinic - one of the best defensive games I have seen in a Final Four. They swarmed and they helped - in short, they were everywhere.
You can't beat that defense by dribbling about like Oklahoma was doin.They react to what you do.Carolina won't do that,but Nova will adjust to Carolina's ability to pass the ball.They expose any weakness you show.

I thought UL would of had a chance to win it all this year but after watching the tournament I don't think we could of handled Villinova or Virginia.
Who knows? We never played, won't soon forget that. We were a better team than Syracuse, and they made the Final Four. We'll never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT