ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina

73Card

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2006
2-1 Cards Middle of the 3rd. Williams standing in for Mac who is attending son's graduation at Ole Miss.

Men against boys. Same old story against the better ACC teams. We need a new coach who can bring men into our program. The games changed to a power game not Punch and Judy b

Reactions: rh62531
Gongora gives up 4th HR. Williams on the mound. 6-2 UNC. No outs bottom of the3rrd.

Just a disastrous inning for Gongora. I think he only gave up 4-5 HR's all year. Gives up 4 in one inning.

We needed to get more than 3 innings out of Gonora to have any shot in this series.

I think they get swept. They are heavy right handed hitters with Louisville being heavy lefty pitching. Sounds like they have feasted on lefties all year.

Koger gives up a 2 run homer. Looking at another 8 run rule loss.

Louisville used to be UNC until Dan started pouting about facilities instead of recruiting and now we are the bottom of the league. Heird needs to seriously take a look at someone capable of rebuilding this program.

He must have the straightest fastball in the history of straight fastballs. He is awful for someone that throws 95.

I think they get swept. They are heavy right handed hitters with Louisville being heavy lefty pitching. Sounds like they have feasted on lefties all year.
😂 like it matters who pitches. They recruit men and McDonnell recruits boys. Small ball is over in baseball today you have to hit with power. Time fro a change, maybe he retires.

When your first arm out of the pen has a 13 ERA it really says it all.

True but sometimes matchups help even awful staffs. That won’t be the case this weekend.

It is stunning how bad pitching has gotten since Covid. A bunch of guys that have no clue how to pitch.

True but sometimes matchups help even awful staffs. That won’t be the case this weekend.

It is stunning how bad pitching has gotten since Covid. A bunch of guys that have no clue how to pitch.
Yea, that's the thing I can't wrap my brain around. It's not like Mac Williams forgot how to coach.....But that being said, we are not getting the same young guns we got pre-covid. Just really hard to understand. Our #1 - #2 can't consistently throw down to third or first and struggles at time to get the ball back to the pitcher.

I think they flat missed every single pitcher since Covid 2020. Zero pro’s from the recruiting classes since 2020. There were a bunch of misses.

Reactions: Deeva
Well,I had something going on tonight and almost pressed the record button before I walked out. Nah,I'll just check the score.I quit checking when it was 10-3.
I wish I could say it'll get better. We've been down this road before and it's really fresh in my memory. Hoping to catch fire doesn't look likely to me.

I’ll say it again. I really think Williams is done. I was listening to the game and you could tell Gongora was struggling. Willimas doesn’t go out. Moth finally says there are guys in the pen stretching. Not throwing, just stretching. WTf? He was DONE. A HR and a hard single then another HR. Just terrible. What is worse is their guys was not good; you load the bases in straight innings and basically come away with nothing - wow.

you load the bases in straight innings and basically come away with nothing - wow.
I'd be over the moon to see a suicide squeeze just once to see if it ignited something down deep that doesn't appear to be there with this group. ❤️

Reactions: Deeva
I’ll say it again. I really think Williams is done. I was listening to the game and you could tell Gongora was struggling. Willimas doesn’t go out. Moth finally says there are guys in the pen stretching. Not throwing, just stretching. WTf? He was DONE. A HR and a hard single then another HR. Just terrible. What is worse is their guys was not good; you load the bases in straight innings and basically come away with nothing - wow.
Williams? He’s not the captain of this ship, why never McDonnell? He’s the one who has filled the roster with mid conference players?

How is it we never get homer announcers on the ACC Network? I thought we were ACC too? Honestly not that I want them but everywhere we go in the ACC it’s like this. It’s like living in the 60’s when being bias was the thing.

How is it we never get homer announcers on the ACC Network? I thought we were ACC too? Honestly not that I want them but everywhere we go in the ACC it’s like this. It’s like living in the 60’s when being bias was the thing.

It’s being played at North Carolina and being aired on ESPN’s streaming service (ACCN Extra is essentially another ESPN3). The announcers are North Carolina homers, just like they are Louisville homers when the ACCNX games are played in Louisville.

It’s being played at North Carolina and being aired on ESPN’s streaming service (ACCN Extra is essentially another ESPN3). The announcers are North Carolina homers, just like they are Louisville homers when the ACCNX games are played in Louisville.
😂 that’s my point. When at home they are not Louisville homers. Maybe you’ve never watched home games on tv?

Not like it will matter but I never understand why a home plate ump has to cheat for the better team. That was a clear strikeout by Forbes that he was scared to ring the UNC player up.

How can you not lay the glove down in front of a base runners hand on a tag out? Louisville can’t even do the fundamentals correctly.

Horrible 3rd strike call on McCoy. Never understood why umps cheat so much, and if you have watched this game this 🤡 has done it abundantly with balls and strike calls today.

Reactions: 2330859
This is the tightest bunch I've ever seen over here. I think Rose needs to lead off and set the tone. Not sure what Mac is waiting on.

Reactions: PushupMan
We’ve all seen it and we all know the end game. Many need to graduate or transfer. I actually wouldn’t mind Isaac and Webster coming back. Many others should seek other opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT