ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody Cares But Here It Goes

EKYCard643

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
twitter.com
I've been an avid defender of Satterfield and this staff all year. The UK game rattled me a little because of how terrible and overmatched we looked but the last 24 hours has changed my view on Satterfield and this staff. Jordan Watkins transferring is a BAD, BAD, B-A-D sign. Local kid, was used a lot this year and still before the bruise Kentucky left on the program could even set he's in the portal and looking at UK and Purdue. Insanity. Rumblings of other talented kids leaving is not good.

I was under the impression the guys liked Satterfield and enjoyed playing for him. Based on what I saw on the field and on the sidelines the team seemed supportive and never gave up. Obviously that doesn't seem to be the case.

In the scheme of things - it doesn't matter what Kentucky does - but it kinda does. Stoops just signed an extension and our dream of him leaving isn't happening anytime soon. Pitt and Wake Forest are in the ACC title game, UK just beat our brains in for the 3rd straight year and has a coach committed to their program while recruiting top 25 classes. Schools are paying coaches insane salaries, stealing other major schools coaches and Louisville sits here - with an unhappy fanbase, apparently an unhappy team, a coach that tried to leave earlier in the year and yet - here we sit. Here with sit with modest salaried coach, with a modest buyout and we do nothing. I've never been a conspiracy believer and I don't think Neeli and Vince are "de-prioritizing" sports, I mean we paid for Petrino to leave, we paid for Mack, we kept all our major coaches in place. But football is your money maker. Something needs to be done.

Our incoming class is already small and underwhelming. If Malik doesn't come back, we lose Cooley and a few others we're looking at an absolute disaster of a season. All while other mediocre programs gain ground and find success. Losing Ledford and a few of the coaches post Carolina, and the fact that he even interviewed should have told us something was wrong in the water.

Honestly - we need an asshole coach. We need someone like Stoops who will do absolutely anything and everything to win. Pay recruits, take players kicked out - just win. We need a coach to embrace this Chris Vaughn guy and get in his good graces. Because for whatever unknown reason he seems to have massive sway with all these local kids. We need someone who will either bring him on staff in some capacity or at the very least make him a friend of the program.

If Vince Tyra is any sort of decent AD he's at least having conversations with a few of the more high profile P5 coordinators and Jeff Brohm. We need someone ready to take the job as soon its announced Satterfield is leaving. We can't afford to fire him and then gauge the market. Maybe - the death of his father is delaying things, maybe Vince is intending on giving him another year, I don't know but I feel like nearly all of the fanbase is now ready to move on from Satterfield and it seems like the players are as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.